Sr. Business Retention & Sales Representative (Former Employee) – Scottsdale, AZ – June 27, 2018
Depending on what division you are in will depend on how enjoyable your job is. Overall it is a fun place to work, but rapid growth has definitely created headaches especially on the sales aspect of the company !
Salaries Competitive but stay away from this toxic place
Finance (Former Employee) – Scottsdale – February 28, 2018
The c-levels are young and inexperienced, and it shows in the lack of care they have given to the operations of the company, their internal processes and controls are a disaster. The sale of the tasers, because of their control of the market, has masked the awful selling strategy of their camera business (i.e.. give them away). If you are young and don't know any better you might enjoy working here because of the swag, if you are an experienced, highly sought after worker, go elsewhere.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) – Scottsdale, AZ – February 18, 2018
Upper management and middle management have no education, and do not know what they are doing. Corruption is rampant and the work culture is toxic. Serious ethical and competence issues among 90% of the workers. The other 10% are leaving quickly.
Director of Video Product Management (Current Employee) – Scottsdale, AZ – November 21, 2017
Laid bunch of people off yet they are on boondoggle when it comes to spending frivolously. DO NOT trust management as they are totally into clicks and no option to be heard even though they claim that you can come and talk to them, total BS.
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) – Scottsdale, AZ – November 16, 2017
Axon is a hard company to review. They do some amazing things and some really bad things. On one hand they encourage a "healthy work/life balance", and then demand you work 60 hours/week. Their mission statement is Protect Life Protect Truth, but they are not willing to pay for quality components. They hires tons of people right out of college, but don't keep the senior level employees (unless you play golf with the boss). Everyday there are more "executive" and "vice president" positions filled, and they can't be bothered to pay enough to hold onto non-management senior-level employees.
Senior Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) – Seattle, WA – October 26, 2017
There is no structure and people are all there just waiting to leave until there stocks have vested. Beware of working here if things move very slow and you have to play the game to have thing work out
Poor Work Life Balance & Blue Blood Entitled Culture
AXON Representative (Former Employee) – Scottsdale, AZ – June 20, 2017
Axon compensates well, but they will work you for every penny of it. You will not find work life balance here nor will you find equality. If you'll sell your soul for a dollar go ahead and join them. If you have integrity and a moral compass this probably is not the place for you.
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) – Scottsdale, AZ – April 6, 2017
Taser (now Axon) has a noble mission and a great relationship with their customers. It's inspiring to work on important products that are extremely relevant and impactful in today's society. Unfortunately, there is a lot of turnover at the company, and middle management can be misaligned which leads to inefficiency and frustration.
Inside Sales (Former Employee) – Scottsdale, AZ – January 4, 2017
Company is going through a lot of changes, consistent internal communication is not strong. Great people doing the work, but middle management needs some improvement. CEO seems to have a clear direction for the company, but it is often over shadowed by the day to day grind and lack of clear direction.