Aya Healthcare logo

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

Good company to start travel nursing.

I’m so glad I took a leap of faith and tried Aya. I don’t regret the experiences at all. My recruiter was hands on and available all the time, my team was also within reach. The assignments were clear and reasonable to me. I’d definitely work with them again.

Pros

The ability to travel and see different parts of nursing

Cons

Contracts may end before end dates

Great pay

Worked on contracts from April 20-May 21 definitely was worth it! Went through a few recruiters because they kept moving up. However for the most part communication was available

Great Agency for Travelers

Great recruiters and decent pay (though some agencies pay more). You can get a hold of your recruiter whenever you need something. The pay department is pretty hard to reach, so be prepared for that.

Good experience

Good experience with agency and recruiter, this was my first travel experience …. I would work for them again and again if the assignment was a good for for me.

Locum

Great locum job as Covid provider. Difficult as contract job, mass vax site so end date not clear. Sometimes didn't know until last minute but good experience Issues dealt with promptly.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Fun workplace

Good company to work for always answered emails, very quick getting compliant. Well paying positions I worked as a cna in the San Diego area at a hospital

great contracts

Access to multiple contracts across the US, more so than other travel agencies. Minor issues with recruiter which we resolved. Can be hard to get in touch with recruiters at time but that is to be expected.

Pros

PTO after 3 months

Cons

communication can be slow

Agency

Only agency I’ve worked with. They are good to communicate when trying to get you to sign new contract but once you do, communication becomes a bit more difficult.

Im a travel nurse don't physically work for this company

Aya is a good company but they tend to take too much of the bill rate. in all honesty most staffing agencies are really only as good as the recruiter you're dealing with.

Pros

Lots of ntravel job oppertunities

Cons

Have to negotiate hard to get a fair pay

Good travel company

I have traveled with Aya Healthcare for 2 contracts and they have been very responsive when I have had issues. The pay department took care of pay issues as quickly as possible and always responded to my needs.

Pros

Very responsive, good pay, good opportunities for travle

Jobs at Aya Healthcare

See more jobs

Great opportunity;Flexible

I took a travel nursing position as I was planning a cross country moving and needed flexibility and to have something ready for me work-wise when I arrived. It was great to be to arrive toto my new city and state ready to start working. It took so much pressure off. I have been looking the past few weeks and have had multiple offersFor permanent and I can continue to travel as there are many contracts available. I’ve loved working for Aya. They worked with me to help me and pay for my California Nurse’s License and I had it in a very timely manner. For Nurse’s Week they had is order a pair of Fig scrubs as our gift. Best gift I’ve ever gotten. Overall, it’s been a great experience.

Pros

Good Pay, Flexibility, Great 1st day family benefits, great locations to work, Licensing Department

Cons

None really

Fast Paced, Frantic Admin Job with Good Culture but Impossible Workload

When they say this company is fast paced they are NOT lying. Extremely frantic, fast paced, deadline heavy work. Everything is urgent and your work load is INSANE. In my interview I was told I would have roughly 30 nurses assigned to me. After 8 months with the company, I currently have about 255 nurses. Management wants to be supportive, and the mentorship here is very real and purposeful. I had a great experience working with my team lead, and felt very supported. That being said, I think they expect the impossible: you can’t have high quality and quantity simultaneously without working a lot of overtime (and even then). If you love being in constant go-mode, always being busy, and having a fire under you, this will be a perfect fit.

Pros

most staff are friendly, Pretty good pay, Great benefits, Managers do their best to be supportive, Fun company outings/ events (not during covid)

Cons

Impossible deadlines, Ridiculously fast paced, Over time is a necessity, Everything you do is tracked - how long it takes you to reach out to candidates, on time start rate, etc, It’s impossible to keep up, Dealing with nurses who are rude, burn out

aya travel

love to travel with this company. my recruiter responds very quickly to my needs. the environment is usually a hit or miss, because you never know where you will end up. but the pros outweigh the cons

Great travel company

Great recruiters who take the time to find an assignment that fit your needs. They present employees with new opportunities that could potentially advance their careers.

Pros

Weekly pay, travel reimbursement, great recruiters who listen to you

Cons

Out of state taxes on some assignments

Great experience as a 1st time travel nurse!

This was my 1st travel assignment and my recruiter was awesome! Great company to work for from my experience! I will definitely continue to take future assignments. My only complaint would be that I've signed 3 different contracts for an extension and will not be working the full contracts.

Flexible and Supportive

The staff is amazing! Very supportive to the travelers and makes it easy transition to new roles. My recruiter I can truly say is a God send. He goes above and beyond and listens to understand. Great company to work for.

Pros

Stipends

Cons

Lack of communication from Aya to assigned facility

Nice place to work with good pay.

The company pay well and there is health benefits included. I have been so happy working with Aya Healthcare. I think I will continue to be part of Aya and continue to recommend the company to my friends.

Pros

Benefits and pay

Cons

Seen none.

Positive experience so far!

Amazing experience compared to working in a permanent job. I always felt like I was at my hospital's mercy. Working for a travel agency like Aya puts me more in charge of my life.

Pros

pay, helpful recruiter

Excellent travel nurse staffing agency!

I have worked with several travel nurse companies and Aya has always been the top. Recruiters are very responsive and I have yet to have a bad placement. Top pay and recruiters negotiate for you.

Pros

Pay, continuing opportunities

supportive people on your side

I have had a great experience with this company and have enjoyed being able to work with the different people. They are always very responsive when I have issues and fix them as quickly as possible

Great Recruitment

Recruitment team works hard. Always communicating and keeping you up to date. Willing to help in case of an emergency. 24hours after hours hotline. Travel reimbursement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aya Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.0Personal Development
4.2Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight