Aya Healthcare Employee Reviews

Travel is hard
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 12, 2018
This was a normal Nuclear medicine position. The hardest thing about it was the traveling and being away from my family. The most enjoyable thing about the job was getting to meet new people and see new places.
Pros
New places and people
Cons
Traveling all the time
I Enjoyed my assignment in every city.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2018
I went in with an open mind, since I have only worked at a small hospital. I learned fast that adjustment was going to be important to understand. I was motivated and fast learner. I enjoyed everyone I encounter my self with. I learned many net thing in every place.
Pros
Benefits, nice staff
Cons
Short breaks, float different unit
Great recruiters
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 7, 2018
I worked as a travel RN. My recruiters at Aya had great communication. They made sure to keep me in the loop regarding all assignments. They advocated for me to get the highest compensation for my work possible. I stopped travel nursing due to my family and needing to be home with them. However, if I ever decide to go back to travel nursing it will be through aya.
Pros
High compensation, many assignments to choose from, free pizza delivered to you on your birthday
Great travel experience
Registered Nurse (travel) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 28, 2018
Great travel opportunities. Support staff are all focused on the success of the traveler. Communication with the staff and the hospital are second to none. Would recommend this agency to future travelers.
Get pt assignment
RN (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAJuly 31, 2018
When pt assignment given, assess pt, plan of treatment for that pt, communicate with physician, decide if any medication is needed to help pt thru delivery,

Postpartum assist with breastfeeding, fundal checks.
Culture is good nurses very nice and welcoming
Pros
meet new people, learn different ways to do the same job
Cons
hard to learn a new unit and policies in 3 days
Staff are vey friendly and provide a lot of assistance and direction
Travel Agency Nurse (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 15, 2018
Staff are great with assisting and educating you with the process and what is needed to accomplish licensing or whatever is needed.
The staff also provide information on the jobs as much as possible.
Staff are great to work with and keep you up to date on what is going on, what is needed. When you have a question, they find the answer!
Great Place to Work
Staffing Manager, Lead Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 4, 2018
Great place to work, I felt if they would have kept me in my field we would have grew more, I wish I could haved stayed and not being layed off, but a great company
Pros
Paid PTO
Cons
Did not keep me in staffing the hospitals are calling nurses, that's my skilled
RN Circulator/Traveler (Former Employee) –  Xenia, OHMay 31, 2018
AYA is a great company they have passion and really care about the travel nurses. They go above and beyond to help the staff and make you feel important . Very happy with them .
Pros
Gifts on special occaisons
Cons
They are located in California would like them to be closer to east side
June 5, 2018

Thank you Xenia! We now have several offices outside of California. Check out the About Us section of our website (https://www.ayahealthcare.com/about) for updates on new office locations. We currently have three California locations (Los Angeles, Sacramento and San Diego) as well as Atlanta, GA, Marshall, MI, Omaha, NE, Palm Beach, FL and Virginia Beach, VI. So there are a few out East for you!

Great Travel Agency
RN- ICU, ER - Adult and Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 23, 2018
AYA Healthcare allows the nurse to travel across the United States and World working at top rated facilities. The nurse has the freedom to pick their assignemnts and the lengths of contract in many instances.
May 29, 2018

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at Aya. Just a quick clarification - we currently offer U.S. assignments only. And our travelers always have the freedom to choose which assignments they accept.

great org, pays a little low in comparison
RN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2018
loved my recruiter, but did discover that they paid less than other agencies. as a result, I ended up switching, but still keep in touch with my recruiter to this day.
May 14, 2018

We appreciate your review. As we're sure you are aware, travel RN pay varies based on a number of factors including specialty, location, etc. Since you are still in touch with your recruiter, I'm sure he or she would love to walk you through some high-paying options. Feel free to reach out and ask anytime!

Best Company I've Ever Worked For!
Travel RN Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 27, 2018
Aya is quite a phenomenal place to work with amazing people as your team mates, mentors and leaders. The company truly cares about work/life balance and offer so many wonderful perks to ensure the balance is there. Aya cares for their employees health, well being, and happiness :)
May 14, 2018

We thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Aya. Our employees deserve the absolute best, and we are gratified to hear that you were happy here and felt our appreciation for your hard work.

Very upbeat and progressive company
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92121April 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for AYA. They were always very helpful in keeping me employed. They reached out to me often to see how my job was going. They often surprised me with unexpected gifts. They always remembered my Birthday with flowers. They were uplifting and caring.
May 14, 2018

Thank you for leaving us a review! We'd love to have you back on board anytime. Have a wonderful day.

good travel nurse company
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 19, 2018
i had the absolute best recruiter at Aya Healthcare. she really took good care of me. if i had any issues or problems, she took care of it right away. there was always help when i needed it.
average experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 14, 2018
My recruiter was excellent; very knowledgeable, helpful and hard working to find the the ideal travel contract that I was looking for. However, limite jobs available in the area I was looking
Good People
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2018
First travel nurse agency I worked with. I stayed with Aya for 2 years. Good people to work with. I switched agencies for a different high paying contract, and then stopped travel nursing. But I would work with them again.
Pros
staff
June 18, 2018

Thank you for leaving us a review! We'll be happy to have you back on board as soon as you're ready to travel again.

I loved working with the Aya staff!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 8, 2018
I enjoyed working with the recruiters at Aya, they were very helpful. The entire staff worked well together to make sure you got what was needed. The only problem I had was not finding a new assignment before the current one ended.
June 18, 2018

We appreciate your review and hope everything worked out with finding your new assignment. If there is anything you need, remember you can always give us a call!

Travel position
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 1, 2018
The was a positive travel position. My liaison was amazing and assisted in my transition from one state to the next. I would recommend and have recommended people use them for their rep with traveling
June 18, 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and thank you for the recommendations!

I love Aya
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2018
My Recruiter and my team have been excellent. After I was pretty much treated like trash by another company I found Aya, and I love them. They have treated me like family every since.
June 18, 2018

Thanks a million for your review! We think of our travel nurses are family and are glad to hear you feel that way too.

great for new travelers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 23, 2018
Excellent recruitment, always got phone calls from my recruiter to check up on me to see how I was doing. Definitely a great agency. I always felt that they cared about my work experience
Pros
traveling provides tax free money, great customer service, great relationshiops
Cons
traveling jobs are temporary
June 18, 2018

We very much appreciate that you took time to share your experience with Aya. It's the nature of travel nursing that the jobs are temporary, but the good news is we can always find you a new assignment!

have many openings
New applicant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 14, 2018
This company advertises many job openings. Is it for real or not or is it high turn over. I sent an application for a customer service job and they declined me based on what reason????
why, based on what. Is this company hires people not based on race or age, then why not give applicants a fair chance?
February 19, 2018

We appreciate the time you took to leave a review and we assure you, all of our job postings are real. We advertise several positions consistently not because we experience high turnover (in fact, we have one of the highest retention rates in the industry) but because we are growing rapidly and need to continuously add to our internal team. We are gratified to receive a multitude of applications for each of our open positions, but the volume does dictate that we are unable to hire everyone that applies. Thank you for your interest in working at Aya, we wish you the best on your job search.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aya Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

4.0InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight