Aya Healthcare

Aya Healthcare Employee Reviews

United States350 reviews

recruitertravelassignmentnursecontractagencytravelerresponsive

Great travel company

Well respected. Great contracts with good hospitals. Always supportive and had my back. Made the process quick and easy. Would recommend to anyone considering travel nursing.

High value

Management is so so, you just have to be clear with what you want with them and they will help you out for the most part. A typical day is 12 hours in probably the most intense unit of the hospital so that adds a good deal of stress, however the team I work with is kind and quick to provide constructive criticism.

Pros

High paying

Cons

Unstable

Aya Healthcare insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose

Good

I love the company. I lOVE being CNA and traveling you learn so much . Need more opportunities for CNAS. Better pay would b a plus. CNA IS THE HAERT AND BACKBONE OF THE HEALTHCARE.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Need more housing

Very supportive workplace.

A good company to work for. Very accommodating. Helps the nurse with licensing. Supports their employees wherever they travel. The company reimburses for any licensing fees incurred. I have received texts from the recruiter just to check up on me and make sure I’m happy.

Cons

No paid vacation . Lose stipend if you call off for illness.

Quick response and they try their best to get the assignment you want.

My recruiter was always available and answered any question within 24 hours. They promptly submit your requests so that you can have the best chance at getting the assignment you want. The only negative was that I was canceled from an assignment a month early but was given a two weeks notice.

Great people great communication for travel

My good work friend for 15 years referred me to AYA and I should have came to them sooner! They are great, someone is always there to guide your way through contracts and issues. Recommend to anyone! ☺️

Travel

Watch rates closely. Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself. Some recruiters are lacking and don't feel that changing is a problem. Find one that is a good fit!

Good and fair pay and compensation

Aya is overall a great company to work for. I always got paid correctly and on time. Benefits, health insurance excellent. I recommend Aya as a great paying and compensation company.

Good compensation travel jobs

Great opportunity for travel social work. Communication and good relationship with your recruiter helps. Overall, I believe Aya wants you to be successful. You will need about $2000 to start a job because you will have to pay for your travel out of pocket until you've worked two weeks unless you have Aya set up your housing which is the largest expense but you wouldn't receive a housing stipend if they do.

Pros

Awesome pay

Cons

No benefits between jobs.

Easy enough

The entire process for travel is guided start to finish so that’s all pretty easy. Ive had everything goes accordingly on assignment, so it’s been pretty smooth sailing. The company itself has A lot of shifting going on internally. I’ve had 3 different recruiters and 3 different payroll contacts. That’s been frustrating as communication is not consistent and I’ve often had to pick up the slack and reach out of behalf of other people who aren’t doing their job. But overall, traveling with aya is mostly easy.

Fun

Always helpful when needed. Recruiter reached out to always check on you. One job secured, stopped reaching out tho. Drop rates and can’t do anything about it

Great experience

Great travel agency to work for. They make sure to put you first. Even when i caught COVID during an assignment, they gave me a reasonable amount of time to heal & was getting paid as well!

Decent agency

Not the best paying nursing agency but they have a decent number of contracts and the recruiters and staff available during an assignment are helpful. They also offer benefits when most higher paying agencies do not

Pros

Helpful recruiters, organized, benefits

Cons

lower paying agency

The payroll department breached the contract!

I completed 2 travel assignments with Aya. The first one was great. The second one, the payroll department refused to pay for callback, and would not respond to any messages/contact attempts. I had a parking reimbursement in the contract that they did not pay the whole last month for!I will look for a better and more dependable company for my next assignment.

Look Elsewhere

Cubicle Farm that hires anyone and definitely lack of training and organization. This is definitely a place where you work while your in between jobs.

Good way for a nurse to make lots of money

Aya pays well and they have lots of available jobs. They pay for any recertifications that you may need like ACLS, BLS. Make sure you get reimbursements for traveling, scrubs, and any pre job training modules put into your contract.

Pros

Free Figs scrubs

Cons

Being away from family while traveling

Lack of good communication skills

It is very hard to reach anyone because the way the company is split up. One half on the coast and the other on the other coast. Difficult reaching the right person and then when you do the answer is always wait to hear back. I have traveled for many years and this was one and done for me.

Great Support to their nurses!

Great company and Great pay! They support you and get you ready for all of your assignments. Great work balance and great benefits. They help you with relocating and recruiters are awesome

It’s a great job.

I’ve been working here for a very long time and it’s a great company. They give us a lot of flexibility and you can take on as much or as little as you like they are very flexible and very supportive of their staff.

Pros

Pay, flexibility, support

Cons

Can be super fast paced and stressful.

Ok

Training is extremely fast paced and super stressful. They only give you 3 weeks to be able to take an extremely high volume of cases which to me isn’t fair

Pros

Pay

Cons

Hard training, expectations

Love the company

My experience with working at Aya Healthcare has been wonderful. I have the best recruiter every. I have never been without a job since working there and that's what I love bout working with this company

Common questions about Aya Healthcare

Answered by current and former employees at Aya Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aya Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.1Personal Development
4.3Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Aya Healthcare with

Learn about Aya Healthcare in popular locations

• Aya Healthcare
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?