Aya Healthcare

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Aya Healthcare Employee Reviews

Excellent Opportunity to Travel
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 11, 2019
Working for AYA provided me the flexibility to work as a contracted Nurse in California while I obtained my Nurse Practitioner license and DEA license. I enjoyed the flexibility without the long-term commitment to an organization.
Pros
Travel Opportunities
Pay
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 30, 2019
I worked for Aya as a travel nurse. The pay was great as was the reimbursement. I was disappointed in the lack of information I got about my placement. My ID card did not work for 6 weeks out of my 13 week assignment. I would love to travel but more than likely with another group.
February 4, 2019

We appreciate your feedback and will pass your comments along to our travel experience team. If you have any additional thoughts or would like to explain the issues you experienced in further detail, please feel free to reach out to your recruiter or anyone on your Aya team.

Never again
Traveler RN (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 29, 2019
First time assignment with Aya.I was sent on an assignment where the hospital was a red flag and the staff failed to communicate with each other of not to send any travelers there due to conditions. I complained basically each and everyday to my recruiter about it because my license was on the line. I guess I got on her nerves because she sent me a text after I asked her if she would call me and it said "WHAT IS IT." It seems to me as if I was a bother to her because there were times when I would call her and she will not call back until 2 days later or when its quitting time for her. When I did call back about a minute or 2 later she wouldnt answer. I was then placed into a different contract with much lower pay and the overtime rate was really low. I questioned it and she said, "that is what the facility is paying out." Even though I knew different I left it alone. My coworkers were all working like 10 days straight and was bragging about how much money they were making weekly. Yes and they were also with Aya. With my overtime rate that I was offered, I wasnt going to work overtime. I wanted to know what all the hype was about, so I asked why were they working so much? I was told that their overtime rate was 50 dollars and more, the highest was 75 and that was thru a subcontractor of Aya. A few showed me their paychecks and it was like a slap in the face.Text messages and emails dont lie, I will never work for them.
February 4, 2019

We're sorry to hear that you weren't happy with your experience and would like to address your concerns. If you could please reach out to us and ask to speak with Amy, our Director of Travel Experience, we would very much like to hear from you.

Misleading
Critical Care Nurse, Travel RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Assignments were misleading. First facility was questionable; second facility excellent but unwelcoming. Housing in second assignment was in an unsafe area.
Pros
Recruiter
Cons
Facilities
February 4, 2019

Thank you for this information. We would like to understand in what way your assignments were misleading and what happened with your housing (we assume you took the stipend and chose your own?) If you wouldn't mind getting in touch with your recruiter if you haven't already, we would greatly appreciate you sharing additional feedback.

the company
Travel Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 28, 2018
Aya Healthcare’s workforce solutions provide access to one of the largest sources of contract clinicians in the country while improving efficiency, increasing quality and reducing costs for healthcare systems. Also, create exceptional experiences and deliver the best service in the industry while providing access to the widest base of assignments in the United States.
Pros
great pay, reimbursments
Cons
corporate availability
February 4, 2019

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you're traveling happy! If you'd like to explain what you mean by "corporate availability" in more detail, please feel free to reach out to your recruiter or travel experience specialist. We're always interested in your thoughts on how we can improve.

Rn
Traveling Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 5, 2018
AYA is a travel Company. I have had excellent experiences with my recruiter and my assignments. Time keeping and salary issues have improved greatly!!
February 4, 2019

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you had any issues, but we're glad to hear they were resolved and that you enjoyed your overall experience.

Travel is hard
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 12, 2018
This was a normal Nuclear medicine position. The hardest thing about it was the traveling and being away from my family. The most enjoyable thing about the job was getting to meet new people and see new places.
Pros
New places and people
Cons
Traveling all the time
February 4, 2019

Travel can be tough but, like you said, meeting new people and seeing new places outweigh the difficulties. Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. We hope to get you on the road again soon!

I Enjoyed my assignment in every city.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2018
I went in with an open mind, since I have only worked at a small hospital. I learned fast that adjustment was going to be important to understand. I was motivated and fast learner. I enjoyed everyone I encounter my self with. I learned many net thing in every place.
Pros
Benefits, nice staff
Cons
Short breaks, float different unit
February 4, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to review your experience. Some hospitals require you to float as a traveler, and that should be clear before you start the assignment. It all depends on where you decide to go! We're glad you enjoyed everything else. If you have additional feedback regarding the unit you reviewed, please let your recruiter know. We're always happy to hear from you!

Great recruiters
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 7, 2018
I worked as a travel RN. My recruiters at Aya had great communication. They made sure to keep me in the loop regarding all assignments. They advocated for me to get the highest compensation for my work possible. I stopped travel nursing due to my family and needing to be home with them. However, if I ever decide to go back to travel nursing it will be through aya.
Pros
High compensation, many assignments to choose from, free pizza delivered to you on your birthday
February 4, 2019

We appreciate your review! We hope to have you back on board someday, until then, we wish you and your family the best.

Great travel experience
Registered Nurse (travel) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 28, 2018
Great travel opportunities. Support staff are all focused on the success of the traveler. Communication with the staff and the hospital are second to none. Would recommend this agency to future travelers.
Get pt assignment
RN (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAJuly 31, 2018
When pt assignment given, assess pt, plan of treatment for that pt, communicate with physician, decide if any medication is needed to help pt thru delivery,

Postpartum assist with breastfeeding, fundal checks.
Culture is good nurses very nice and welcoming
Pros
meet new people, learn different ways to do the same job
Cons
hard to learn a new unit and policies in 3 days
Staff are vey friendly and provide a lot of assistance and direction
Travel Agency Nurse (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 15, 2018
Staff are great with assisting and educating you with the process and what is needed to accomplish licensing or whatever is needed.
The staff also provide information on the jobs as much as possible.
Staff are great to work with and keep you up to date on what is going on, what is needed. When you have a question, they find the answer!
Great Place to Work
Staffing Manager, Lead Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 4, 2018
Great place to work, I felt if they would have kept me in my field we would have grew more, I wish I could haved stayed and not being layed off, but a great company
Pros
Paid PTO
Cons
Did not keep me in staffing the hospitals are calling nurses, that's my skilled
RN Circulator/Traveler (Former Employee) –  Xenia, OHMay 31, 2018
AYA is a great company they have passion and really care about the travel nurses. They go above and beyond to help the staff and make you feel important . Very happy with them .
Pros
Gifts on special occaisons
Cons
They are located in California would like them to be closer to east side
June 5, 2018

Thank you Xenia! We now have several offices outside of California. Check out the About Us section of our website (https://www.ayahealthcare.com/about) for updates on new office locations. We currently have three California locations (Los Angeles, Sacramento and San Diego) as well as Atlanta, GA, Marshall, MI, Omaha, NE, Palm Beach, FL and Virginia Beach, VI. So there are a few out East for you!

Great Travel Agency
RN- ICU, ER - Adult and Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 23, 2018
AYA Healthcare allows the nurse to travel across the United States and World working at top rated facilities. The nurse has the freedom to pick their assignemnts and the lengths of contract in many instances.
May 29, 2018

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at Aya. Just a quick clarification - we currently offer U.S. assignments only. And our travelers always have the freedom to choose which assignments they accept.

great org, pays a little low in comparison
RN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2018
loved my recruiter, but did discover that they paid less than other agencies. as a result, I ended up switching, but still keep in touch with my recruiter to this day.
May 14, 2018

We appreciate your review. As we're sure you are aware, travel RN pay varies based on a number of factors including specialty, location, etc. Since you are still in touch with your recruiter, I'm sure he or she would love to walk you through some high-paying options. Feel free to reach out and ask anytime!

Best Company I've Ever Worked For!
Travel RN Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 27, 2018
Aya is quite a phenomenal place to work with amazing people as your team mates, mentors and leaders. The company truly cares about work/life balance and offer so many wonderful perks to ensure the balance is there. Aya cares for their employees health, well being, and happiness :)
May 14, 2018

We thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Aya. Our employees deserve the absolute best, and we are gratified to hear that you were happy here and felt our appreciation for your hard work.

Very upbeat and progressive company
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92121April 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for AYA. They were always very helpful in keeping me employed. They reached out to me often to see how my job was going. They often surprised me with unexpected gifts. They always remembered my Birthday with flowers. They were uplifting and caring.
May 14, 2018

Thank you for leaving us a review! We'd love to have you back on board anytime. Have a wonderful day.

good travel nurse company
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 19, 2018
i had the absolute best recruiter at Aya Healthcare. she really took good care of me. if i had any issues or problems, she took care of it right away. there was always help when i needed it.
average experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 14, 2018
My recruiter was excellent; very knowledgeable, helpful and hard working to find the the ideal travel contract that I was looking for. However, limite jobs available in the area I was looking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aya Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight