Aya Healthcare Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Best Company I've Ever Worked For!
Travel RN Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 27, 2018
Aya is quite a phenomenal place to work with amazing people as your team mates, mentors and leaders. The company truly cares about work/life balance and offer so many wonderful perks to ensure the balance is there. Aya cares for their employees health, well being, and happiness :)
May 14, 2018

We thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Aya. Our employees deserve the absolute best, and we are gratified to hear that you were happy here and felt our appreciation for your hard work.

Very upbeat and progressive company
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92121April 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for AYA. They were always very helpful in keeping me employed. They reached out to me often to see how my job was going. They often surprised me with unexpected gifts. They always remembered my Birthday with flowers. They were uplifting and caring.
May 14, 2018

Thank you for leaving us a review! We'd love to have you back on board anytime. Have a wonderful day.

good travel nurse company
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 19, 2018
i had the absolute best recruiter at Aya Healthcare. she really took good care of me. if i had any issues or problems, she took care of it right away. there was always help when i needed it.
Good People
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2018
First travel nurse agency I worked with. I stayed with Aya for 2 years. Good people to work with. I switched agencies for a different high paying contract, and then stopped travel nursing. But I would work with them again.
Pros
staff
Cons
I loved working with the Aya staff!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 8, 2018
I enjoyed working with the recruiters at Aya, they were very helpful. The entire staff worked well together to make sure you got what was needed. The only problem I had was not finding a new assignment before the current one ended.
Travel position
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 1, 2018
The was a positive travel position. My liaison was amazing and assisted in my transition from one state to the next. I would recommend and have recommended people use them for their rep with traveling
I love Aya
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2018
My Recruiter and my team have been excellent. After I was pretty much treated like trash by another company I found Aya, and I love them. They have treated me like family every since.
great for new travelers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 23, 2018
Excellent recruitment, always got phone calls from my recruiter to check up on me to see how I was doing. Definitely a great agency. I always felt that they cared about my work experience
Pros
traveling provides tax free money, great customer service, great relationshiops
Cons
traveling jobs are temporary
have many openings
New applicant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 14, 2018
This company advertises many job openings. Is it for real or not or is it high turn over. I sent an application for a customer service job and they declined me based on what reason????
why, based on what. Is this company hires people not based on race or age, then why not give applicants a fair chance?
February 19, 2018

We appreciate the time you took to leave a review and we assure you, all of our job postings are real. We advertise several positions consistently not because we experience high turnover (in fact, we have one of the highest retention rates in the industry) but because we are growing rapidly and need to continuously add to our internal team. We are gratified to receive a multitude of applications for each of our open positions, but the volume does dictate that we are unable to hire everyone that applies. Thank you for your interest in working at Aya, we wish you the best on your job search.

travel nursing company
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, MOFebruary 6, 2018
Good travel company, competative pay, great benefits, good insurance coverage, good recruiters and great teamwork. very helpful in getting resources for employees
February 19, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that you are happy!

The best company to work for!
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2018
It is the best company to work for! great people, very positive atmosphere, professional growth, empowerment; all managers are true leaders and mentors.
Pros
The list of how awesome that company is endless.
February 19, 2018

Thanks so much for your review! Our managers work hard to serve their teams, and it's great to hear that you had such a positive experience.

Overall, a great company to work for at any time.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 21, 2018
Excellent company to work for at any time. Will probably return. Going back to college for Doctorate degree. Had to take a break.
Will work with you on the hours you want to work.
Pros
Great staff!!
February 19, 2018

Best of luck in your studies! We'll be happy to have you back anytime.

Good travel company with benefits
RN (Current Employee) –  UWMCJanuary 7, 2018
Good benefits, nice recruiters. Very organized and on top of their stuff as far as benefits go. There is a department and live person to talk to about any problem that you could have, which is nice
travel nurse for hospice
RN Case Manager - Hospice (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 3, 2018
I traveled the country doing 13 week assignments for different Hospice agencies. It was a wonderful opportunity to travel and do what I love - help bring the gift of Hospice to those in need
Courteous & nice staff via phone
RN Traveler (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 31, 2017
They try hard to assist you in getting an assignment where you would like to go. They do return the monies invested in the new license of other states. The downside is that your hours are not guaranteed. Never went to the home office.
Pros
they are friendly, try to assist in all they can.
Cons
it takes over 24 hrs for them to rely to your questions. Not guaranted hours.
Productive and Sucessful
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 28, 2017
Great place to work and they keep you working. I worked as a contracted employee only for clinic in Indianapolis at St. Vincent's Hospital. Staff is great to with and they make everything easy.
Love them
Travel nurse (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 27, 2017
Recruiter very attentive and quick to find oositions. Each department communicates and works efficiently to make expediting hire quickly by getting necessary documents and testing done in a timely manner to start position.
Pros
Travel pay
Cons
Driving distances for work
Rn
RN (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CA 95023October 26, 2017
Extremely disorganized and unsupportive, never seemed to have anything in place when I arrived to start an assignment. Low pay compared to other companies.
Cons
Poorly organized, little support, low pay compared to other companies
Great people, great company
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 5, 2017
Such great people that really care about doing their job well and going the extra mile... and it shows!

The culture is friendly, collaborative and fast paced. Leadership is GREAT and managers truly care about their employees.
Pros
great culture, free food and workout classes, great co workers
Nurse Travel Agency
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAOctober 4, 2017
Aya Healthcare acquired nursing positions in various states as a Registered Nurse in Med/Surg. I learned how to adapt to various healthcare settings and practices, quickly. The hardest part of the job is attempting to become as proficient as possible, all withing 3-5 days, as this was the overall time frame of orientation.
Pros
Offered adventure and new surroundings and healthcare settings.
Cons
Pressure of learning, in 5 days, what staff learns in 6 weeks to months.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aya Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.0InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight