Ayco, A Goldman Sachs Company Employee Reviews

It was a good learning experience
Full Stack Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 28, 2018
It was good, for a time. A change in department structure led to completely different projects coming in one after another, none of which were very interesting or engaging. The company pours all of its money into its management division, and leaves its developers wondering why they get underpaid. The culture was overall good however. The most enjoyable part of the job was the companies desire to keep its employees up to date on the latest technologies.
Overall, not a bad place to work
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 15, 2018
Excellent subject knowledge on financial planning topics
Has potential for great work atmosphere
Lacks information on other departments within the company
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Salary
Typical Day At Ayco
Sr. Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 14, 2018
I support both the Chief Compliance Officer and the General Counsel. It is a fast paced and busy office but everyone still finds the time to remember to show respect and also take a minute or two to breathe and check in with each other to see if everyone is doing ok, including the Sr. VPs, which is impressive.

I started in the legal department as a "temp" but due to budgetary reasons was asked to support Compliance as well. I had never even worked in compliance before. Working in Risk and Safety is much different than working in Compliance and because Ayco is a financial firm, it has to be run extremely well and as a pretty tight ship for lack of a better term. The financial world and supporting them is a much different experience then any of my other positions that I have held in the past. I have always worked closely with Upper Management, and have been able to really pull it together but when dealing with what Ayco deals with, it is more than that, you have to make sure that at all times, all your i's are dotted and your ts are crossed as well.

So between that and learning the business of finance, it keeps me on my toes almost every day but with a great group of people.
Pros
The people I work with and the edcuation I am getting on the job
Cons
The stress it sometimes can bring on inadvertently
Good first job after college
PWM Services and Trading, Analyst (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYMarch 24, 2018
Nice people and welcoming culture. Work in team setting which allow you to learn the different ways to get things done. Management is very engaging and open.
I enjoyed my experience
Trade Solutions Intern (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYOctober 17, 2017
The environment is collaborative and filled with learning opportunities. Management cares about its people and their clients. They set the bar high for my first work experience.
Fast paced workplace.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 28, 2017
As an Administrative Assistant, my day-to-day workload was extremely fast paced. You need to be very detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task.

What I enjoyed most about my time at Ayco were the amazing people I worked with.
Pros
Great people, flexibility, Paid time off
Cons
Salary
Good energy
Level II Intern (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 6, 2017
Good atmosphere, not a lot of room for advancement. Pay is heavily unbalanced towards account managers and almost everyone on the company is fighting for that position.
Great company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 31, 2017
Your work environment can vary greatly based on the communication and flexibility of your team. Most teams work well together and the company (in most cases) will reorganize teams to increase productivity and cooperation.
Overall
Senior Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 29, 2017
Company provides great training for those looking to gain experience in the wealth management industry. The targeted market is corporate executives at fortune 1000 companies.
Operations analyst
Operations analyst (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 26, 2017
This is easily the worst company I've ever worked for. Management is very unorganized and pulls you in different directions. And then once mistakes are made, it falls back on the lowest person in line. I was in the insurance division, definitely stay away from that. The other divisions like new accounts or annuities is alright. Less distinction by management.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Management, pay, benefits, lack of direction
Honest review
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 22, 2017
To start the culture of Ayco is awesome. The environment is laid back, and not stressful (most of the time). I worked in policy services in the operations department. The job started great. The people were friendly, and there was a lot of information to learn. Around my fourth month, the mood started to change. The managers started picking out the mistakes I would make. However, the mistakes were all inevitable because there is NO training, whatsoever. The training is done on a "fly by the seat of your pants" basis. It seemed like everything anyone did, if it was done wrong, somehow fell back on me. The managers hold no responsibility for their own actions, they simply take advantage of the analysts and once they've gotten enough out of you they let you go. 6 people were in my position in the past 2 years... thats a terrible employee turnover rate. To conclude, the company is nice, but the policy services department, and operations as a whole should be avoided. Don't expect to be with the company for a long time. I ended up quitting before I could be fired. There was no opportunity for advancement, and the position was not as it was described by management and interviewers.
Pros
cafe, busy work makes the time go quick
Cons
management, strict and unclear rules, unfair distribution of work, lack of direction, etc.
Great environment and management
Summer Intern (Project Manager) (Former Employee) –  Menands, NYJanuary 7, 2017
I interned here as a senior in high school, they treated me as I were a full time employee and entrusted me as so. I very much enjoyed my team.
Provided thorough training regarding financial planning.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 17, 2016
See review provided above for more details regarding this company and the position itself, including the day-to-day job functions.
Provides detailed training regarding financial planning topics.
Project Manager, Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 17, 2016
While in the Project Management role, I coordinated with internal and external stakeholders to increase usage for Ayco provided services by creating seminars and communication pieces for employees of Fortune 500 companies.

While in the Senior Analyst and Hybrid Speaker roles, I spoke with IBM employees over the phone to create a thorough financial plan. Additionally, I presented the seminars developed by the Project Management team to employees of Fortune 500 companies.
Ayco

-Available when needed

Co-workers
-Great

Hardest Part
-Multiple deadlines on several projects

Most Enjoyable
-Accomplishment
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Not One
Ayco
A Goldman Sachs Company, Financial Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYDecember 30, 2015
If you're looking for a wall street type of field in the Capital District this is it! Typical day is different day to day. Learn a lot about investments. Management cares. Co-workers care. Hardest part is the low wage. Enjoy learning about investments.
Good Workplace
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 14, 2015
Good culture throughout the company with a young group of employees looking to make a mark in the financial industry. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the clients that you thought you could not help.
Pros
good working enviroment
Cons
Salary, hours
Outstanding Company, Outstanding People
chief information officer (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 5, 2015
The Ayco Company, a subsidiary of Goldman Sachs, is a fantastic company, which i am proud to be part of. The business provides comprehensive financial planning to Fortune 1000 company executives
Support 4 executives in the Private Wealth Group
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2015
Even though I wasn't with Ayco for a long period, I knew it wasn't a good fit for me professionally.

I am the type of person that likes to be constantly busy and that wasn't the case at Ayco, also the executives were set in their ways and didn't like me being proactive for certain projects, because when I was proactive, I was told that this could cause harm to relationships that were established with those on the Goldman Sachs side.
A very nice place to work.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2015
A very competitive place to work with many hard working tax professionals. Every day new challenges made me work harder for the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ayco, A Goldman Sachs Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ayco, A Goldman Sachs Company Reviews by Location