Azura Memory Care Employee Reviews

very poor
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIApril 4, 2019
treated workers very poorly under paid and very catty very one would talk behind each others back and not treat resident correctly they were pushed the meds. because staff didnt want to deal with them.
April 15, 2019

Thank you for your feedback on your perceived experience with us and wish that you had brought these concerns to our attention. We have an open door policy at Azura, where we invite our Team and resident families to voice any concerns at any time. In addition, an in-house, accessible Comment Card and an Azura Connections program with an 800 number, fax line, email and mailing address provided and posted within the home and trained through our MOSAIC training program. In fact, it is because of MOSAIC that we refrain from pushing medications on our residents and work to provide them with as much personalized care as possible. If at any time, a Team Member or anyone feels this isn’t being done they need to immediately report it, so that it can be addressed. As a result of this posting we have investigated the medication and care concerns and found this NOT to be true. At Azura we take pride in the personalized care we provide to each of our residents. We are not perfect, but by ensuring our Team is trained in dementia and focused on providing a personalized approach with each individual resident, those in our family receive EXCEPTIONAL care.

Love the residents, but management runs ALL the good people away
Caregiver/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIMarch 18, 2019
Not a good place to work. The management treats the employees pretty bad. HR is pretty useless too. They have so many complaints filed, but nothing is ever done.They belittle you and show zero respect because of this the turnover rate is ridiculous. The residents can’t receive consistent care. When co- workers call in they try to force you to stay. It’s sad how residents pay so much money and get sub standard care.
Pros
The residents and their families
Cons
Management, Hr, Low Pay
April 15, 2019

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with us. Every issue brought forward to our Human Resources Department is fully investigated, but results can not be shared for privacy reasons and this is often hard for those who feel aggrieved to understand. We have a strong “no-call, no show” policy, but you are right when a co-worker calls in and no one else is available to take their place it puts us in a very hard situation. Our residents need our Teams to be fully there, so when this happens we do everything in our power to replace the individual, calling through the entire Team and even calling in extra personnel from other homes if possible. However, the safety of our residents is always what is most important. In most cases, our Team recognizes this and will step up to ensure the continued care of our residents and fill the shift. It is rare that this doesn’t happen, but when it does it can be very frustrating and we apologize if this was the case.

Great starter job
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIFebruary 7, 2019
Huge turnover rate, No guidance when you start, you ask questions and get ghosted, then are in trouble for not knowing. There is bullying and no one cares to speak up. They are missing out on good caregivers, all because they get butt hurt when there wrongs are pointed out. HUGE lack of communication!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management, and bullying
April 15, 2019

Thank you for letting us know of your experience at Azura. We have no tolerance for any bullying type of behavior, which is why have an open door policy for all who live and work within our home. We encourage our Team to come forward with any issues and even provide in-house, accessible and anonymous Comment Cards and an Azura Connection program to provide an outlet for grievances. The Connection programs information is provided upon hire, posted in the home and trained in numerous ways through our MOSAIC training program, which provides more than 100 hours of information to our Team in their first year. While we appreciate the feedback, we wish it had come to us directly. However, we will look into these allegations and create and implement an action plan, if they are deemed truthful. Readers should realize that anyone can post reviews on sites like these regardless of accuracy and based on personal preference. We have many Team Members at Azura that have been with us for over 10 years and some even as long as 20 years.

Resident Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 9, 2018
When working for Azura Memory Care, I would help residents with their ADL's, medications, cooking, and cleaning. I became a Lead within 3 years. The hardest part of the job was the residents passing away. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping residents with their daily needs.
Pros
Pto, Healthcare
Cons
Residents Passing Away
its ok
CNA, Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 1, 2018
its worth working their, the atmosphere is relaxed, the coworker are good spirited the resident load is well distributed, not all places go without their bad days however.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
non-affordable health coverage.
Need more experience in new hires
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WIOctober 30, 2018
Years ago was great then got very stressful last few months have improved .there are alot of childish people and things they do .i just concentrate on my job and do the very best i can
Horrible Management
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WISeptember 26, 2018
The management treat employees like they beneath them, they want you to make Azura your life the management complain about any and everything. They talk to you like your a child or belittle you but when you respond they want to write you up. They don't worry about the bigger issues they have they worry about if you too early for work. There no room for promotion, they pay is not enough for the work they want you to do . Not enough staff for the ratio of the buildings. The management very fake and don't know how to talk to people. They talk about staff to other staff. They very unprofessional they only speak to certain staff that do anything they say or that kisses you know what. I loved the residents when I was there and the families but the management of that place is horrible.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
They don't want you taking breaks.
October 3, 2018

Our Core Values at Azura start with treating our guests and coworkers with the utmost RESPECT and we take that very seriously, which is why we provide many different avenues to voice concerns should they arise. While we thank you for this review, we really would have appreciated hearing this information through our team member surveys, open door policy or connection line. Unfortunately, it seems much of the information in this review is inaccurate. There are many different avenues for promotion from within our family of care. In fact, many of our caregivers have risen through the ranks to Quality of Life Coordinator, Team Lead, Household Coordinator, Assisted Director and Executive Director. Lastly, our staffing ratio is among the highest in the community, so this written in error as well. But we do expect that our Team Members be EXCEPTIONAL and when they aren't we make them available to the workforce. Unfortunately, this sometimes causes hurt feelings and given an outlet such this, where legitimacy is not a factor, results in posts of this nature.

Hard working and caring staff. Good management. Great education opportunities
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIAugust 30, 2018
Caregiving is a hard but very rewarding job! Everyday is a new day and staff are willing to teach one another. There is a lot of educational opportunities with Azura and they look at promoting within if you put forth the effort! Just like any job, they try to watch overtime but this also helps support work/life balance. Caregivers are usually working with six residents but have help from other team members and have seen management help as well when needed. Management does write up employees but they also want to make sure they acknowledge good staff and people who get wrote up...there is a reason for it. Nobody wants to see bad staff stick around which is nice to see. It’s been a great company to work for!
Pros
Eat meals with residents, management, home like environment
Great Place to Start Your Career
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WIAugust 3, 2018
When i came to Azura i knew nothing about Dementia or the disease process. The training i have received is unreal, the MOSAIC class taught me about the disease and how to interact with people with deal with this every day. I come to work knowing i am truly making a difference in someone's life! Not all days are easy but it truly feels like a family and everyone really cares about the residents.
Pros
Culture, Lunch, CNA tuition reimbursement
Terrible turnover/ gossipy
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 15, 2018
I worked for azura for over 10 years, went through over 10 directors as well as many many different caregivers, out of all the companies that took over while I was employed azura was the most money hungry company I've worked for taking away pto because I was no longer full time, poor raises I worked there 12 yrs and only made about 3 dollars more then when I started, they are all about making the money while employees aren't cared about and residents don't have materials that are needed, once I was told i was leaving they didn't care, why would they, they can hire someone for less money to put up with the work of people that make over 16 an hr working at winnebago, it's a mini version, they take any and all residents regardless of the saftey of employees or other residents, once again as long as the management makes the big bucks, who cares what goes on. It's a shame cause families and residents really liked me, I made the days fun but refused to dread going to work anymore.
Cons
Management/pay/gossip
October 3, 2018

Thank you for this feedback, but Azura hasn't been in Oshkosh for 10 years and there hasn't been 10 Directors during this timeframe either. As a result we do not believe this review to be legitimate. What we can tell you is that our Team has the ability to earn raises every year and our full-time team members have a wonderful PTO program. We also have a Team Member Assistance Program to help our Team that is struggling, we offer insurance, free meals, Azura bucks program, uniforms, paid trainings, discounts on personal services, Core Value awards, personalized gifts, pay advances, bonuses and more! As for the residents that we serve, we do try to help those who need us, because if it were our own loved one that was struggling, we would want a provider, like Azura, to be there to assist. That's our job, to provide care and be there for our residents and families.

I enjoyed working with all types of residents and making their day go by easier
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJuly 11, 2018
Usually came in and started off with rounds with my shift and the workers from the previous shift. They would let us know how their shift went and gave us a heads up if any residents were in a bad mood. Then after the rounds were completed. We would get people up and ready for the day. Go in to the room and step by step assist residents shower, toilet and put on clean clothes. Flipped the linens and finished the laundry. Taking out the trash each shift. Management isn't all that great, they're always taking advantage of people. Very condescending and rude. Either too many hours or not enough.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management, needing more caregivers on a shift/ more help
Caregiver
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJune 13, 2018
Although at times it is busy or there is turnover, if you are in it for the right reasons, you will truly love your job. Azura offers many different trainings to teach you how to do your job. They set reasonable expectations and make it easy for you to obtain them. The challenge is when there are staffing issues, or people quit without notice. I love my job because I get to give back to the people I take care of.
Pros
Free lunch, Pto, breaks, paid training, room for advancement
Cons
turnover, gossip
High behaviors, not enough staff
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 7, 2018
poor resident care due to high behaivors and not enough staffing, managment is money focused, The extensive training they claim is repeated online videos.. budget is focused more on material things to make house look good and not on resident activities or outings.. Being under budget rewards Directors of house, poorly paid staff
Pros
Building strong relationships with residents and family, co workers
Cons
No breaks, short staff, poor managment, residents needs not met
June 12, 2018

At Azura Memory Care we recognize that the behaviors of wandering, exit seeking and agitation are just ways of the disease expressing a need for that person. Our MOSAIC Training and Engagement program seeks to educate our Team to understand the disease and its symptoms, ways to best approach and effectively communicate with those within our family of care and engage their needs to help them experience more personalized moments of joy. We even use the internationally known, Virtual Dementia Tour experience to help our Team walk in the shoes of those for whom they are about to provide care. In addition, we then increase staffing levels based on resident needs to ensure the care of residents and offer some of the highest levels of staffing in the State. However, even with all of these additional supports, we recognize that not all who work in our family of care will be a good fit and truly understand our expectations. When this occurs they have the liberty to respond appropriately to them and may result in reviews of this type and with inaccurate information. If you would like to learn more about Azura Memory Care please visit us online at www.azuramemory.com and witness our exceptional care and Team!

A good place to work, just need consistant workers.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WIMay 22, 2018
The residents are very lively, funny, outgoing, & generally well behaved.
The lack of workers does take its toll on those who care for the residents. Those who care a lot usually stay for shifts that arent their. Just need more committed workers & this place would really thrive to new levels. The mosaic way of life here is what sets this place apart from the rest.
Honestly this job isn't for everyone. You have to stay to yourself. By no means does that mean not talk to anyone. Its over a good place to work, you just have to be determined to be a good worker and have good work ethic.
Pros
Residents, coworkers can be nice depends on how committed they are, good experiences.
Cons
Childish/lazy, having to stay long hours to cover the coworkers that dont come in can take its toll.
Terrible place to work / management
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIApril 16, 2018
Coworkers talk about one another and won’t talk to one another if there is a problem that needs to be situated. Hard to get shifts covered as well if need be. Management is just terrible and will write you up for really anything.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management /coworkers
Relaxed work place, good pay, nice people.
Homemaker (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIMarch 14, 2018
I enjoy working with my co workers they very sweet and nice we work together to take great care of the residents"they're away hiring for caregiver position if you have a car come out take a tour and become a part of Azura Memory Care team
Pros
Free lunch, good hours, away hiring, very nice people that work there
Cons
Too far
Terrible place to put a family member
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 6, 2018
I feel sorry for the residents who have to live at Azura. The CEO is really all about greed - the starting salary is not at all competitive with what caregivers are paid elsewhere. Much of the staff is beyond lazy and management does not care. HR is utterly useless - complaints are voiced upon deaf ears. They literally hire anybody who walks through the front door and applies. Employees steal food and supplies. The residents are at the mercy of the greedy management who only cares about bringing in dollars. The facilities are dirty, smelly and disgusting. The staff doesn't care because management doesn't care. Change comes from the top down but that will never happen because management really is that bad.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Too many to mention
June 13, 2018

We appreciate your feedback, but according to our families 99% of them disagree and would not only refer a friend or family to us, but if faced with making this decision again would choose Azura before any other provider. While we love the opportunity to engage and grow from feedback, it is also important to realize that anyone can write anything, at any time on these types of sites. Including those who were not permitted to retain their employment with our company. At Azura we expect the very best for our residents and their families and this starts with ensuring that we have the very best Team too!

Ok place
Worker (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMarch 3, 2018
The residents are wonderful people deserving better than what they have now. Constant mistakes in payroll. Scheduling and meds on behaviors and overall poor management aspecially the assistant level, the purpose of training is great just not practiced here. Any local nursing home is safer and better equipped and properly trained. Hi turnover rate. But the nice side is free lunch
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Run down
Horrible Place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIFebruary 27, 2018
Horrible place to work, Management is horrible from the in home manager to corporate manager. No one helps train you it’s like you are set up to fail. and like everyone was out to get you all the time period staff are extremely rude and don't like to show for work. NOC shift would be on phones all night and would be sleeping on the couch, but management never did anything about it. There was no teamwork and no effort and it seemed like the employees didn't want to take care of the residents. When It came down the management it was all about the money not about the client. I do not recommend working here.
June 12, 2018

At Azura Memory Care we pride ourselves in offering a supported and joyful work environment. However, given the specialized care and people we serve, it takes a lot of patience, understanding and unfortunately not every person is equipped to handle this. We appreciate every response we receive, but recognize that not all who leave our team will be on the best of terms. Our focus is to do what is best for our residents and focus on Azura being their home, that we have the honor of privilege of working in and holding our Team to this same accountability too.

Fun, enjoyable
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIFebruary 18, 2018
Patients are wonderful, very fun and hands on with residents. Great memory care team and medical aide is of top quality. Great home cooked meals for residents and no drama.
Pros
free food with residents feeding
Cons
slow paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Azura Memory Care. Our community is ready to answer.