B&H Photo Video Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
no - not doing this.
Senior UX Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2018
This is a horrible user experience. I am not interested in filling out this information. It is irrational on your part to force a user through this process.
Not a good place to work
Assistant supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 12, 2018
They discriminate, you cant attain more than assistant supervisor if you’re not a Jew. They are too forceful, not considerate, they don’t care about your health, many had to leave the company because you don’t have time of your own especially does that came from the agency they treat them really badly. Hope goverment can’t look into the affair of the company.
Picker & packer
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Florence, NJMay 26, 2018
It’s a good company to work for beside the management & the hours . The pay the sucks for the work they want you but I enjoying working there cause I like working around others. You must be a people’s person .
Change
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Florence, NJApril 8, 2018
Stay focus on the job. Do not let what others do effect you or your work ethic. Be cautious of who you work around could be bad influences. Stay away from negativity.
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
Short breaks
fun work place good people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2018
what I liked most about working at b&h were the people I worked with and also the many diverse customers that I would meet on a daily basis I loved working there and would love to do it again
My Review
Tower Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Florence, NJMarch 19, 2018
B&H would have been a good place to work if only the management are a bit concern about the welfare of their staff generally. They make people work hard and also make it look as if u have done nothing. They are sentimental in their judgement.
Pros
Free lunch only if the want us to work more than 12hrs
Cons
Short break
quick paste
Cashier/Greeter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2018
quick paste environment, easy to hang the hang of. very organized makes the shopping experience for fun and easy for the shoppers. you get your own cashier station which is good because you can clean it the way you want.
Pros
free candy and an hour of lunch
Cons
very strict.
Great benefits but...
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2018
The benefits at B&H are great and if you work in customer service or sales you have an amazing opportunity to work overtime during the holiday season and receive 1.5x pay. However, there is very little room for career advancement and changing departments may prove to be fairly difficult. That said, it is most definitely a place to at the very least, begin a career in whatever field you choose.
Pros
Lots of vacation days
Cons
Lack of career advancement
Great place to work but has poor management
Fullstack Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2018
It's a great place to work but has poor and stubborn management, they stick to old methodology and as a result the company. As a result they hire a lot of people but nothing gets done because no one knows what they want.
Stresful
Front Store Check In (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 17, 2018
B&H was an ok place to work at. Very busy and can be a little stressful. Some employees weren't so nice also very competitive. The hours were good but wasn't able to take vacation.
Pros
made new friends
Cons
short breaks
Productive workplace
Ground Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2018
Not bad of a workplace. Very diversified in terms of race/ culture. Hours weren't an issue as far as work was concerned. Only con was management, room for improvement on that end.
Very fast paced store
Retail Sales/ coat check (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 15, 2017
I was doing coat check and also retail, you have to multitask and be in point .a lot of visitors from different cities come shop there an it is very busy . Great people everybody was getting their job done an treat eachother well respect.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Break an health coverage
the most enjoyable part of the job
stock worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
interacting with the customers ,friendly environment.break rooms is clean and well stocked .lockers are provided.always busy sometimes it get stressful.
Pros
employees are great to work witth
Cons
no benefits
great place to work
SALES & PURCHASING (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2017
very good pay takes very good care of there employees

never paid late good bonuses good co workers

fun place to work get to know all the latest gadgets etc
Pros
on time pay good bonuses
Cons
very little room for growth
Great Company
TECHNICAL WRITER & PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2017
Excellent job security and benefits! Fast-paced work environment and a lot of opportunities for collaboration. The tolerant atmosphere, fair scheduling, eccentric mix of co-workers all contributed to a pleasant work environment.
Good benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2017
Good benefits plus a good set amount of time off every year, between personal days, vacations and jewish holidays. The people here are professionals in their field.
Pros
Professional employees who know what they are doing
Cons
Zero room to grow if you are NOT jewish.
It's like high school in there
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 10, 2017
They discriminate against the workers that come from the united staffing agency.. they over work you with no kind of raise. Not even a thank you. There attitude stinks!
Pros
None!
Cons
Just working there period!
Fast Pace
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2017
Helped Customers with transactions
Provided customer assistance when needed
Assisted Customers in finding the right material needed.
A typical day would be very busy.
Overall It was a learning experience, I got the chance to gain more experience operating heavy machinery.
Packing, Forklift, Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Florence, NJMay 26, 2017
I generally would start of packing, then cleaning, then unloading or loading trucks. I pretty much was a wild card, what ever the boss needed me to do from packing, to forklift, pallet jack, or picker. I received my forklift certification there. I learned how to properly load and unload trucks, how to properly pick, label, and wrap merchandise. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the disrespect and attitudes from my manager and co-workers. the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing i had a job to support my family.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
one half hour lunch break, unprofessional, rudeness
fun and interesting.
Cashier/Greeter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2017
B&H Photo was a great store that I had the privilege to work in. The manager was always on the floor making sure everything was running smoothly. The Boss would come down to the floor as well everyday to supervise the floor and his employees. One thing i learned working in B&H Photo was to keep my composure no matter who i seen or what pressure we were under, especially when famous people would come in to buy very expensive equipment's, we still had to treat them as normal people and still ask them for ID. We treated everyone all the customers equally. Yes, their was a set schedule and they didn't go around it, if you had a doctors appointment you just had to call of you couldn't start in a later time, but you get used to it. I enjoyed it we all started at the same time and finished work at the same time. Store opened & closed at the time everyday. I do wish that they was a way move from floor, more people to meet and socialize with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at B&H Photo Video. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight