B&R Stores, Inc.

B&R Stores, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States43 reviews
An employee’s Hourly rate needs based on the employee’s performance and not their current rate of pay. I do more for this company than most and do not get paid for my performance.
In general, managers at B&R Stores, Inc. are very supportive and goal oriented. I was a department manager and had a great relationship with the other managers and my bosses.

Collaboration with my colleagues at B&R Stores, Inc. is very easy. We had weekly meetings to go over any and everything coming up. Open communication and healthy competition were key components.

Overall

My experience working at B&R Stores, Inc. was overall very positive and I would work for them again if I moved back to the area.
I enjoyed my time as a part time floral experience ,it allowed me to work in a corporate work environment -learn from talented managers and as always loved the “5 foot “ meet,greet,help
Pros
Great environment, great fellow employees and enjoyed my work time-the day always flew by!!
Cons
Employee Pay
Family oriented grocery store, clean and welcoming. Enjoyed co workers who were always helpful and supportive. A great started job, dependable work, got the hours I needed.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
It is a retail experience I have a great manager love him but want to utilize my experience as an infusion pharmacist and manager. After working for a home infusion company for several years and currently on the side I Know I need more of a challenge than retail. My love is helping people exceed and my passion is helping where I can to help others develop an experience outside the normal realm of healthcare.
They are a good locally owned company that does care about it's employees. There are some occasional communication issues between the support center and the store level. This could be improved, but otherwise it is a well run company.
As with any company there are ups and downs. B&R is a pretty good company. Managers are bad in some places and good in others. The benefits are pretty good for a small company. I would recommend this for any young person trying to learn hard work. Those who enjoy the job or want more experience have many opportunities for advancement in their home store and the many other locations available.
At first it was a very nice place to work. Then management kept changing and nobody seemed to know how to run things and they are having a hard time keeping employees. Their system doesn't make sense and favoritism is displayed.
work hard, follow the rules and you will go far. Opportunity is everywhere in this company. Keeping an open mind on a daily basis is key. Respect others
While it is a great place to work at, they do tend to push all the work on you when I worked at night. coupled with a couple of bad managers there, it really doesn't help the company.
Pros
Cons
bad management
I had a very bad experience at this place very toxic Was threatened by management which is the one who pushed me out the door they did not want to pay labor more than they had to they allowed no overtime
Pros
Kept you busy
Cons
Short breaks no overtime
This company only cares about the bottom line, they will use their employees to the breaking point. They do not care about you as a person. The costumers are rude and you just have to stand there and make sure they leave happy, even if they're yelling at you.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, stressful working environment, management only cares about profits
assist customers with orders and arrangements. clean up the area by sweeping, dusting and taking out the trash. helping with the flowers that are ordered
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
weekend hours are long
It was a good place to work. I just had to move back to California because of my family. Very busy during holidays and game days. other than that its a grocery store.
Pros
easy
Cons
amount of work expected
Good place to be employed for a hard working individual that likes to keep busy. Upper management was caring and showed interest in their employees. The job does demand an employee to work holidays, weekends and nights due to the company being opened 24/7
Pros
Was able to advance
Cons
Hours were undesirable
Help customers, run cash register, stock shelves, maintain clean work environment, keep whole work area organized, clean and close store at end of shift
Pros
Positive work enviroment
Cons
Long shifts
An average day was 6 am-1 pm and although the same vendors came in every day, each day was different. I worked with a great group of longtime vendors which made my job easier. Management would routinely come through and visit each department. For the most part everyone worked together and we were consistantly in the top spots company wide in regards to sales.I would say the hardest thing about this job was the holiday season which ran from mid October through January 1st. I enjoyed the interaction with the vendors and developed some great relationships during my time at this company.
Pros
Hours, Tickets for free meals
Cons
Communication, Vendors not following company rules
10 hour days, scheduling inconsistency with store management. Different expectations for individuals with same pay grade. Tight staffing expectations. Un happy associates.
For the most part, I enjoyed my time. I had a wonderful manager who always had my back. Then he was transferred away. The new manager never left his office. Barely spoke to his management team. Insisted we call him Mr (Last Name). He was younger than me.

My position was changed and when that change came, it was given to a former store manager who I had to train to do the job. I wasn't given another opportunity within the company, so I left.
This is a great place to work. Very family friendly and fun environment. You can create many friendships, and develop work habits and skills while working there.
I learned many valuable skills, and worked with a fun group of people.

Over all my experience with B&R has been good but over the last few years there have been many changes good and bad.