B&T Contractors Inc
Happiness rating is 53 out of 100

Working at B&T Contractors Inc: 24 Reviews

United States24 reviews

jobplacegreatcompanymanagementhourworkingcleaning

Great pay, awesome and understanding management

This is a job that’s suitable for people looking to get driver experience. Not a place to remain. Benefits never kick in along with PTO. Pay is great. But not a long term job.

Pros

Management, independent work. Work at your pace in a timely manner.

Cons

401k that was promised never kicked in. Never received paid days off.

Don't recommend this place

Got terminated by bad management never will work for them again no communication skills my hours went from 40 hours down to 10 hours a week .......

B&T Contractors Inc insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things

management

managers treat all part time employees as if they are only buddies that can be replaced and the opinions of the employee go unheard. good luck in 18 months I had 4 different managers and in two years I've seen over 75 employees in and out thru 7 locations

Flexible and Friendly

Very flexible work schedules. Very clear and honest work, friendly and communicative management. Would absolutely recommend for anyone looking for a part time job or two

People have no idea what they are actually doing.

Very unprofessional , they don't give you a chance and fire you over the phone.Been in the cleaning business for 30 years, and they don't have a real clue about the business.

Great place to work!

B&T is a great place to work. The people are very easy going and understanding. I was very happy to find myself here after a short period. They strive to be a family oriented business and they succeed very well. I think anyone willing to dedicate their time and effort to B&T would find themselves in a happy workplace!

Pros

Easy going work environment, good benefits, flexible schedule.

They were very accomidatiing

They were very fair. If I needed off. They would have someone to replace me. I could talk easy to my supervisor. They would help me if I was ever struggling

Pros

i could set my hours

Cons

sometimes I would not receie my supplies on a timely manor

Working at B&T

I enjoy my job. I get work with my sister which is a huge plus for me. We work at the National Forge. And We are a team cleaning crew! We love our job. Get in do our job do it right and well. And everyone is happy.

Pros

Working with my Sister as a team

Cons

Oh the dirt, but what can you do?

Terrible Company to work for!!!

I worked for this company for a few months for some extra income. Communication was horrible i was always running out of cleaning supplies and texted my supervisor and didnt hear anything back for 2 days!!! I was made to clean mens restrooms while they would constantly come in and use them so DISRESPECTFUL!!!! I told my supervisor and HR of the place bout it and nothing was really done about it!! The HR lady at the plant was 2 faced she kept saying things weren't done right but to my face would say i was doing a good job. My mom also worked at the same place and experienced the same thing. DON'T WORK HERE!!!

Pros

Flexiable schedule

Cons

Poor communication, having to clean mens restrooms

Best place I ever worked

I cannot say anything negative about B & T!! The owners are the nicest people I have ever met. They buy lunch for all of the office employees every Friday. The atmosphere is so laid back, it is so easy to get your work done, no stress, all of the employees get along with each other!! Best place I have ever worked!! I cried when I got the call that my position was eliminated due to Covid19.

Love

I love working for this company. For someone who has anxiety, this Job is perfect. You work alone!!! Plus a bonus it's good pay and the hours are flexible.

Promises made, promises never kept.

Worst commercial cleaning company I've ever worked for. They use their employees, and once B&T feels an employee is due for a raise, B&T gets rid of that employee and replaces them with someone cheaper. B&T treats its employees as though they are disposable.

It was hard work and stressful

It was hard work and stressful, but I liked it. Not that many hours per week and soon it became a routine. I swept and mopped floors. Cleaned Bathrooms and took the garbage out

I no longer work for B&T but I loved working for them.

A few questions I could not answer because I worked as many hours as I could or needed to for years until my dad became unwell and things got tough, but they were understanding when I had to cut down on hours. They were very helpful to find me jobs that worked for me at that time, unfortunately eventually I had to take time off. I have and will continue to reccomend their company to anyone who asks me or is need of a good part or full time job.

Pros

Great learning experience, Being able to move up and increase hours was a plus, Being a mom i need a job that worked for me and this was the perfect one, Management was great, Office emloyees were very helpful.

Cons

I honestly have nothing bad to say about my time working for B&T, The worst part about my job was having to leave it.

Made females clean men's restroom and locker rooms while men's were in there using them and on top of that it's been 3 weeks since I was supposed to be paid and haven't received my paycheck that was mailed

Great family business!!

Great family business to work for! They have friendly office staff, that are very helpful. They work with your schedule (if you work during the day) to find something small. Would HIGHLY recommend! It's a physical job, but i get my steps in every day!

January 21, 2019
We're happy to hear such a positive review! Always willing to work with our employees to help any way we can!

Great place to work!

I have nothing but praise for B&T, they make you feel like you are family and treat you as such. Very comfortable work setting, a place where you actually enjoy going to work!

January 21, 2019
Thank you for such a great positive review! We try and make everyone feel like they're family! Glad you enjoy working for us! We're happy you're part of our team!

Career Goals

I have had the pleasure of working with this company spanning a 2 year mark. In my 2 years at B & T there has been an astonishing amount of growth and advancement not just within the company but within our community as well! It is a family based business that thrives on making sure it employees, it's clients and services are well taken care of and top notch for our service area. It has given me the opportunity to advance in a career setting... as well as advance educationally in my goals. Daily I work collaboratively with Sales Managers, Operations Specialists, CEOS, Corporate level management and such to provide an excellent service and product that is formidable to our reputation.

Pros

Great Career Oppportunity, Room For Growth, Educational Advancement, Raises & Incentives, Comfortable Work Atmosphere, Great Business Relationships and Goals

January 21, 2019
And we have enjoyed every minute of it! Thank you for the great review!! We hope that we can continue to proved great opportunities for you and our employees.

Great company to work for

They are a great company to work for. Always willing to help out when needed. Would highly recommend them. They would always offer me more work if it became available in my area.

Pros

Everyone is very friendly

Cons

none really

January 21, 2019
Thank you for the great review! We are always here to help when we can.

Dishonest

Job posting said pay was $11.70 when in actuality it’s $11.50. I got hired on and had to hear from two new hires that they think their only getting 15 hours a week. I went and asked the boss how many hours I’d get a week and was told 15 hours. I said if you would of told me that during the interview I wouldn’t have been able to take the job. The job posting said 25 hours a week. I felt management had no idea the work they really had to do and was just winging it.

January 17, 2019
I'm sorry that you misinterpreted what the ad said. The pay was 11.50 and then after 3 months it would be 11.70. The hours were also correct on the job posting. If the hours would be different it would of been discussed during the interview.

Dont provide accurate information

Wage listed is not what they pay. Also hours shown are 25+ but only gave 15 a week. The work could never be done in that amount of time for that big of a place.

Pros

Cons

Hours

Common questions about B&T Contractors Inc

Answered by current and former employees at B&T Contractors Inc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at B&T Contractors Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about B&T Contractors Inc in popular locations

• B&T Contractors Inc
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?