B & I Contractors Inc Employee Reviews

Great company with Growing Pains
HR (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 16, 2019
I have read many of the other reviews and I must say, this company is probably the best job/organization I have had the pleasure of being associated with. Yes the job is stressful at times, but the company has experienced 25% growth over the past 12 months. That is amazing in this economy and tells the true tale of the health of the organization. Management is doing a great job of getting everyone to row in the same direction and that is improving the overall culture of the organization!

Come join us and experience it for yourself!
Pros
Esop, employee-centric culture
Cons
Growing Pains
Work Environment is great
Mechanical Design Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 14, 2018
People are friendly and work is just fine, people do care about getting the projects done in time. you get the allowance for travel and food if required
Stressful bad management in refrigeration
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Ft myersSeptember 3, 2018
Favouritism, poor management . Cut throat.and lack of care. Not a safe department. Will tell you something. And something else would be given.
Refrigeration service dept does heavy lifting . That will break your back. Covers his friends in company to keep command
Pros
Office staff enjoys
Cons
Field staff criea
Great Company
Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Tampa, Ft Myers, East Coast, FloridaApril 18, 2018
Excellent company to work at with opportunities for advancement. It is also employee owned which means we all get a share of the profits. Bonuses twice a year are nice too.
Circus
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLApril 7, 2018
I worked for fr myers branch for a short time until I moved.Then I see the huuuuuuge difference and make me miss those days.Company it’s good, nothing wrong with it but they need workers and these fellas from Tamarac hire throug friendships and most of them are clowns.I doubt if they know how to use tools after they can place tools or coffe on they blueprints.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Clowns on the field.
Just a place to work for me.
Warehouse Mgt. Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMarch 5, 2018
In the beginning I loved coming to work. But after B&I hired a certain person to over see all warehousing depts. it became simply a dreadful place to work.
Hired for one position but work you as another
Welder (Former Employee) –  tampa florida,sarasota and St.PetersburgFebruary 22, 2018
Expect long travel time but will not compensate or give you a stipends to sleep close. Long travel and long hours makes it impossible to work effectively. Hired as a welder but worked a AC Tech. Human Resource does not help the worker on problems with management at all.
Pros
Good investment
Cons
managerial staff
Poor Culture
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Not an ideal company to work for. Worked in the HR department, all managers did in the department was fight with each other. And if the HR department can not keep it together you know that the culture is bad. They created an environment of tension and always questioning your work, as to make sure there was this level of I'm the boss and you are not. No room for advancement at all, just a dead end job. If you are a professional do not even bother with this company, you will loose a few brain cells working there. They want someone they can boss around and tell them what to do, not someone with experience and an opinion.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management and Culture
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 10, 2018
Stressful at times, but a very caring atmosphere and great people to work with. Under correct management, great learning opportunities. Management is always helpful, great open door policy.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Stressful, poor healthcare plan
Favoritism in the Electrical Department
Electrical Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 14, 2017
They are trying to build the electrical department at this company with a bunch of elitist electricians who are too good to put their tools on and are all part of the same "click" which extends into upper management. Workers in the department who make mistakes are reprimanded while the elitist make mistakes with impunity.Good company for hard working tradesman as long as you're not an electrician.
Pros
Co stock, sick time
Cons
Favoritism
Lack of Leadership
HumanResources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Great company to work for if they had a strong leadership in the east coast office. The Fort Myers location is a different story, "night and day on how the offices are being operated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at B & I Contractors Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8