B. Braun Medical Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Worklife balance
CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaJuly 18, 2018
Great people to work with, great company with lots of benefits. However the pay is not competitive. Allowed for a good work life balance. A lot of employees had been there for a very long time, over 20 years.
Broken Management Culture
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, Allentown, PAJuly 18, 2018
Good people to work with outside of upper management, who are more interested in driving their own agenda instead of providing real leadership and support. They create more barriers than they remove, and seem more interested in what suit you wear than fostering teamwork. It's a shame because there are so many other good aspects around the organization, but most companies abandoned this type of culture decades ago - and for good reason.
Pros
good work conditions, benefits
Cons
damaging culture
Easy Position
Analytical Chemist Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 9, 2018
Pays well straight out of college and a good first job. It is impossible to advance within the company as they like to hire from outside. This was in 2012 so I am not sure if things have changed.
Never get pregnant
IV Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA 18101May 30, 2018
I got found out I was pregnant while starting at a new position and they made it almost impossible for me to do the physical labor. I was working in the warehouse as an IV Tech which included lifting heavy objects, standing on slippery concrete, and opening hundreds of hydration's bags at an extremely fast pace. All in all NOT what I was told or signed up for.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Horrible Management and organization
Not good at all.
Order picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 17, 2018
Wouldn't recommend working here at all. They don't honor the schedule they set you on according to the hours you apply for. After they hire you they switch around your schedule and position. The management is unprofessional. When you can't agree to their switch on your schedule due to life obligations outside of work they threaten your job. It seems as if they want you to mess up rather than succeed. They fire people for using California days or sick days even when you have them available.
Cons
not honoring schedule
fun workplace
Machine Attendant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 17, 2018
I learned to time management when working here. I enjoy working here even if we are busy. I just do what I suppose to do and help others who need my help. I enjoy working and learning more experience.
Good place to work.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 16, 2018
Good place to work. One of the best company in the area. Benefit is good which including 401K, health and vision, dental. They also reimburse your expenses if you go to a school.
Excellent place to work in.
Manufacture Operator (Former Employee) –  Sabana Grande Municipio, PRMay 11, 2018
A place that provides full eight hours a day of productive and usefull work. It was a place were everyone knows their work completely. Everyone used to work as a team everytime.
productive and fun place
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 9, 2018
great people to work with great company with lots of benefits, great pay. really loved working here however i was thru an agency and it was just temporary. you can grow within the company.
Pros
incentives, vacation, pay
Cons
there was no cons that i was aware of
Great Benefits but poor management
Operator Machine (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 9, 2018
Management is horrible, they always promise to improve the work environment and it remains the same. Over the years they use to have great events to appreciate their work but over the years they have decline the way the appreciate their workers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Gosip
good firm
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 2, 2018
Good place to work. Culture good is a little bit behind the times. Allowed for a good work life balance. A lot of employees had been there for a very long time, over 20 years.
Pros
work life balance
productive and fun environment
Product Handler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 17, 2018
manufacturing work style. Place is very fast paced but is a great place to work if you looking for something in that field. Management is very supportive when interest in moving up in the company.
Pros
lunch and plenty of breaks during the day.
Cons
long hours and very exhausting
FDA environment, Fast paced, no errors
Production/Maintenance/Warehouse/Quality/Biology (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 13, 2018
Typical Day: Check in with manager, prior shift supervisor, schedule check, check in Bio for new batches coming to the line, make sure batch records were in compliance, check in with quality, ensure that all IV bags were accounted for, between batches ensure a cleared line.
I learned good manufacturing practices working with FDA, operations, plastic injection molding
Workplace culture was very clickity
Hardest part of the job assuring no mistakes were made, following FDA guidelines work hours 4 days 16 hours
Employee barbecues
Pros
Lots of things to learn
Cons
Work hours
Temporary position-3 months
QA Inspector (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 27, 2018
During the three months that I worked with the company, I was responsible to perform my duties taking samples of all the molding machines assigned to me.
Pros
Frienship, close to home.
Cons
low salary.
B. Braun Medical
Sales Coordinator/Executive Assistant to VP (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMarch 27, 2018
Worked for B. Braun Medical as a Sales Coordinator and assistant to the West Zone Vice President. Position included working for Region Managers and their reps working in the field and assisting with administrative functions for the VP and Region Managers (5). The workplace was a "no pressure" position with a fantastic manager who was not a micro manager. The company had excellent benefits, including 401(k), employer-paid pension, vacations, sick leave, excellent health benefits, etc. The office was a small office with most of my region managers working in the field. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with my managers, our customers, and the vice president. The work was very rewarding, and after 11+ years here, I am sad to leave; however, the position has been dissolved. I would love to find a position in a small medical group or hospital, working with a myriad of personalities and handling a variety of jobs.
Pros
401(k), pension, vacation, sick leave, health care benefits, etc.
Cons
It takes a while to get used to
Quality inspection of product (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 24, 2018
If you're okay with waking up really early in the morning and working long hours on your feet then this job is fine. The tasks at hand are simple, but can be straining and tiring after a while.
Pros
accumulate ~4 hours of vacation every 2 weeks
Cons
long hours, waking up early
a special staff
Facilities Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 20, 2018
THIS WAS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK
The company made the facility a great place, and payed attention to everyone' opinions, needs, even to care about part timer workers feel needed
Pros
excellent coworkers made the job enjoyable
Cons
None that I observed
B Braun review
Quality inspection (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 15, 2018
Usually would get in at 3am and work until 2pm everyday. Production was always behind which meant lots of hours and lots of money to be made. It's a great temp job for anybody in need of immediate hire
Pros
Temp job, they help you find a place to work, great amount of work hours
Cons
short breaks, extreemly fast paced work, production work is sometimes overwhelming.
Not what you originally signed up for
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 14, 2018
Recruiting process took about a month and required my constant calling to figure out when my start day was - its since gotten better.

The culture here is very old school, the company is filled with a lot of tenured employees who are not receptive to change. The attitude that individuals have is almost inhumane. For example, cubicle set up, if you're on a call people are shouting in the halls and people will literally come up to your desk when you're clearly on the phone and say they need to talk to you and they'll wait for you.

Company is so behind the times technology wise and has no desire to change that. Everything comes down to the dollar amount- how much is this going to cost us? The company also lacks appreciation. Nothing is ever a face to face "thank you for your hard work", everyone likes to hide behind a screen and reply all with 'thanks'.

Environment of the facility is ok for the most part. They like to keep things hush hush, when employees should be aware of certain situations - people talk and you eventually find out. Its very high school like vibes- a lot of cliques, gossip and finger pointing. No one can ever take accountability for their actions.

Turnover seems pretty high, seems like folks are quitting left and right. Temporary employees are treated poorly and people fear saying anything negative because they are afraid someone will retaliate.

If you are seeking a long term career and you're ok with being content in the same position for 10+ years than this is the place for you. But if you are innovative, opinionated, and interested in bettering
  more... your self and the company, this is not the place for you.  less
Pros
good benefits, most of the employees are pleasant and friendly
Cons
lack of promotion, pay, & appreciation.
BBraun and Advanced Medical Solutions
Facilities Specialist and Business Owners (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMarch 14, 2018
BBraun CAPS a lot of traveling, working from 5am to 2am
Advanced, Excellent low cost medical accounting, great profit for the doctors. Excellent cash flow.