B.E. Smith Employee Reviews

Good place to perform interim work within your discipline
Interim Revenue Cycle Director (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 30, 2019
BE Smith does a great job of placing interim workers in appropriate locations to provide value to their clients. Also, they do a great job in supporting their interim workers while on assignment.
Excellent resource for leadership career oriented individuals.
Interim Director - Population Health Management (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 17, 2019
BE Smith promotes autonomy in the workplace setting. There is little to no interference with performing day to day responsibilities. Only required to make monthly checkins when all is going well.
If you love to travel, love job diversity and variety...
Interim Leader (Current Employee) –  AnywhereDecember 13, 2018
then you will love this job! BE Smith gives you the opportunity to showcase your expertise and knowledge to clients. This is not your 9-5 job and can make for very exciting opportunities and rewards depending on client needs. There are no long-term commitments as assignments usually last around six to twelve months - although I have heard of some up to a couple years. My down-time between commitments usually last about 3-6 months, which I fill with contract work elsewhere.
Pros
Travel, meeting new people and organizations, problem solving
Cons
Travel every other week and being away from home for long periods
Interim
Leader/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 29, 2018
Interim assignments. Project based work. Travel accommodations were made timely and with in requirements. Communication between VP and consultant was good. Always approachable and answered questions when needed. Client site was as described, and more challenging than B.E. Smith knew.
A great experience.
Interim Administrator March - August (Current Employee) –  Baxter, MNOctober 8, 2018
A great experience. Very collaborative and supportive of their interim administrators. Very good company to work with. Staff assigned to me were easy to access and very responsive. good salary and benefit package. I would definitely work for them again.
Not the fit for me
Interim Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 11, 2018
It was a bad location and bad timing for me. My immediate supervisor was negative and out of date with Infection Control and I was placed in a role where there was no openness to change. The current MPH was newly marriage and needed time off to enjoy his new wife.
Excellent and Fair
Interim Leader (Former Employee) –  Dover, DeApril 8, 2018
A stellar group of people that share a vision to provide the best in the industry.
My time at BE Smith was one of the best experiences in my working career. Before being recruited by them, I had no idea that this type of company even existed.
They're filling a niche but doing it in a way that keeps them head and shoulders above the rest.
Pros
All expenses paid
Cons
Temporary
great opportunity
Interim Director, Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 10, 2018
Great place to learn collaboration and team work. Many leadership tools to help one to be successful. Frequent calls with leaders to ensure one is successful.
Interim Leadership
Interim Healthcare Leadership (Former Employee) –  District of Columbia, DCMarch 4, 2018
One of the best companies for which I have worked .Fantastic leadership support. Entire support team is friendly and responsive to the needs of the Interim Leader.
Excellent employer if you enjoy high volume, fast-paced culture
Interim Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 2, 2018
BE Smith was the ideal place to gain director level experience. The culture was highly supportive in terms of having mentors and coaches in place to ensure interim leader success. BE Smith affords each employee the opportunity to assess, recommend, and implement strategies for improvement in a short period of time which ultimately improved my critical thinking skills from a global administrative perspective.
Pros
Great flexibility, exposure, experience
Cons
Multitude of opportunities to overanalyse
good company
Executive Search Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 25, 2018
good place to work. great culture. lots of company benefits . Good place to work for someone right out of college. Lots of learning and encouragement to build career
Great company
Interim Manager, Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 8, 2017
B.E. Smith is a great company to work for. The support for work/family balance is very good. Benefits are very competitive. Corporate management should probably make work site visits to meet interim employees.
Going through changes
Talent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 5, 2017
Great company, with the exception of one leader. Going through big changes due to acquisition. There is a lot of instability because of the acquisition. They have a lot of great people that work there. Not a lot of opportunity to move up. Not your typical company where if you work hard you will move up. You have to apply for every position that you want, which seems weird to me.
Pros
Work from home if needed
Cons
instability from acquisition
Professional Work Environment
INDEPENDENT RECRUITING CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 20, 2015
Employees worked very hard and believed in the mission of the company. Creative work environment with great architecture and design.
Great company to work for.
Manager, CT and Ultrasound and General Radiology (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 21, 2014
B. E. Smith is a top notch company. The management is engaged in keeping you informed, the ancillary staff who make up B. E. Smith are efficient, professional yet personal. You feel like part of the team from the first day on.
Pros
Benefits of working for a top rated management placement company, very professional team with a caring attitude toward its employees and clients.
Cons
The only con I have experienced is being away from home during the engagement period.
Enthusiastic senior staff, dedicated to providing well qualified consultants and interim executives
Interim Network Executive (Former Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDNovember 21, 2013
I enjoyed working with my case managers and getting the opportunity to travel around the country and meeting wonderful CEOs, CFOs, CNOs and HR executives at each and every hospital I was assigned to.
Pros
Great support staff and great case managers
Cons
Professional and quality company.
Interim Clinic/Group Practice Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 9, 2013
Worked as an interim group practice administrator and had a number of assignments. Depending on the market, there could be a long wait in-between assignments.

As an interim, I would travel to my assignment, hotel and rental car provided. Meals, gas are not reimbursable. Options to travel home would be every other weekend with Friday and Monday as travel days or once a month with Thursday a travel day, Friday and Monday off and travel day Tuesday.

Most difficult part of the job is living out of a suitcase. Most enjoyable are the people you meet and the locations you are sent.
Pros
Decent salary, opportunity to make a difference, meet other professionals at the location(s) you are assigned.
Cons
Being away from home, travel, taking on a position where you cannot make a difference.
Healthcare Consultant
Consultant for Healthcare (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2013
Strategic planning Leadership & Management
Process analysis Problem Solving
Financial Planning Communication & Presentation Skills
Logistic Planning Training
Conflict Resolution Computer Literate, Surginet, Cerner, Lawson
Customer Service Multi-task Prioritization & Organization
Pros
Strategic planning, Leadership Management, Process analysis, Problem Solving, Financial Planning, Communication