B.R. Williams Trucking, Inc. Employee Reviews

Low driver pay
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Eastaboga, ALApril 17, 2018
It's a trucking company, but the truckers are treated like a liability and not an asset. You will average 12hrs a day and earn about 130.00 dollars! You will hate working here, I promise. I can only speak for the drivers and have no clue about the hourly and management jobs. If your a truck driver, and are thinking about B R Williams. THINK AGAIN!! Low pay, long hours, and expensive benefits. I worked there 2 years and highest gross was $31,000.00
Pros
home daily
Cons
low pay, long hours, expensive benefits.
Awesome company
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bremen GaOctober 24, 2017
Awesome place to work for. A very family-oriented company that cares about their employees the warehouse director and coordinator are awesome in the HR is awesome everybody is understanding of family and I like the fact that it is it is a faith driven company. Had a chance to train in Alabama enjoyed the employees up there as well as the camaraderie amongst the team. Looking forward to great things.
Pros
Faith driven company
Fast paced environment
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, ALOctober 15, 2017
It was very fast paced and there wasn’t much communication between the supervisor and the workers. They were very understanding when you had an emergency come up.
Great Work Place
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, ALAugust 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working with B.R. Williams.
I love the people that i worked with. They always keep me looking forward to come to work everyday. That's why it's a great work environment.
Wonderful Company that CARES
VP Marketing (Current Employee) –  2339 Hwy 21 South, Oxford, AL 36203June 27, 2017
I have worked at BR Williams for almost 12 years and I commute over 75 miles one way, and there is a reason for that...the amazing culture. I love my job and this wonderful company.
Diesel technician
Diesel Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Eastaboga, ALMay 30, 2017
BR Williams is the worst place to work for all they care about is production and meeting their quotas and the management and Foreman take advantage of you the pay sucks and.
Pros
Benefits and breaks
Cons
Pay. Management
was one of my best driving jobs
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALMarch 14, 2017
i was an OTR driver and ran the east coast i was very pleased with the company but due to my ex with young children she had me come off the road and now that my kids are grown up i am ready to go back on the road
Pros
easy to work with
Cons
Great for hands on experience and education on shop safety.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALFebruary 16, 2017
Overall wonderful employeer. Well revised job descriptions allowing new employees to feel out the environment. Advancements depend on determination of the person being trained. I would say I loved working for there team.
Pros
Bunches of overtime and free coffee daily
Cons
None i can think of.
Not a long-term career
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, ALFebruary 9, 2017
If working for br Williams did anything it humbled me even more no chance for growth. Management or operations manager as he referred to himself as has poor leadership ability you have no voice as to anything to make your job safer, more productive or anything for that matter basically treated like a felon or a dummy. Micro manages your every move and absolutely no trust and if you have no trust you don't have anything.
Pros
Small work environment
Cons
Pay and management
If they only knew, they'd line the highway for miles to work for BRW
Logistics (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ALFebruary 1, 2017
The best thing about working for BR Williams is the family atmosphere. Not just an atmosphere that is conducive of family life, but an atmosphere that treats all employees like family. The company is guided by the core principles of Honesty, Integrity and Service and never allow the almighty dollar to take priority. BR Williams is respected in the community locally and the Trucking, Warehousing and Logistics communities regionally. The company is growing which is creating upward mobility, while still maintaining the feel of a family owned business. The benefits package is excellent as is the work life balance. Upper management has an open door policy, are approachable and listen to the ideas, needs and concerns of BR Williams employees. Great place to work...the BEST!
Pros
Principles, Growth, Diversity of Services, Community Involvement, Benefits
Great learning experience
Safety / HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALJanuary 18, 2017
Set hours with flexible schedule
Trust
Management cares for their employees
Great people to work with.
Hardest part is advancement.
The best company I have ever worked for
Logistics Associate (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ALAugust 18, 2016
BR Williams is not your average employer. The company culture revolves around family and faith. Employees are treated like family members and upper management takes a sincere interest in the personal and professional lives of their employees. Even the CEO keeps his door open and makes himself available to the needs of all BR Williams associates. I have never worked for a company where I felt so appreciated and truly a part of a team. It makes me proud to work for a company where the cornerstones of business are Honesty, Integrity, and Service. I cannot say enough good things about working for this company. BR Williams is the real deal.
Awesome Company with Benefits that show they care!!
HR / Safety (Current Employee) –  BR Williams in Oxford, AlabamaJuly 19, 2016
The company has been in business for 58 years because of their Honesty, Integrity and Service.
BR Williams Trucking is a company that stands for everything that I was looking for when I came to work here.
It is a company that truly cares for their employees, they don't only talk the talk but they walk the walk.
Everything that this company does is for the good of their employee's.
Pros
Management, Benefits, Co-Workers
This was an okay job.
Traile r Servicer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALOctober 14, 2015
At this job you only dealt with filling trucks gas tanks up. You always got to pressure wash the as well. It was an okay job.
mainly drop and hook operation
Local Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ALApril 7, 2015
go in, do pre-trip inspection on truck-pick up 1st trlr-inspect, take to destination, drop on dock, pick up loaded trlr, return to Honda and start all over again. normally 2-3 runs daily
Small Family-Owned Business
Operations Supervisor (Dispatcher) (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ALMarch 27, 2015
The average work weed is 9 hours a day Monday-Friday. Every now and then you will have to work on Saturday. They are really flexible when it comes to needing off. The work can be pretty hectic sometimes, especially if you are on second shift because you are on your own. It gets irritating sometimes when you are treated like a second rate citizen by drivers because you receive no help from management or nothing is done. The essential responsibilities of the job are not that hard though.

Cash compensation is below average for most companies in the area, but their benefits are pretty good. If you get hired on, you probably have to try to lose your job because they do not fire anybody. Advancement opportunity is VERY limited and comes around maybe once a decade. Typical of a small family owned company.

The company is very centrally controlled. Only Managers, VP's, and Directors get any say so in the operation or any changes of the company. As a supervisor, your feedback is usually not welcome nor listened to. All they want the supervisors to do is run the operation and perform their daily duties while upper management goes to meetings and makes business decisions. If you want a company that allows you to contribute, grow and learn as a supervisor, this is not the place for you. Lack justification or reasoning for decision making (What are we doing, Why are we doing it, How are we going to do it, When are we going to do it). The answer is usually "That is how we do things here." They do not like change.

Organizational Dynamic-wise, they are very flexible with you because
  more... they are a family oriented company and they have some pretty cool people as co-workers. However, the company/upper management has been known at times to hide things from employees, and not be consistent, fair, nor truthful. This creates alot of dissatisfaction and conflict between supervisors, upper management and the drivers. Alot of people got a job at the company through personal connections. This creates alot politics and is the reason why their turnover is so low.

It is all about what you want when coming to BR Williams. If you want a job with competitive compensation and benefits, advancement and learning opportunities, structure, and the ability to collaborate and work with upper management; this is not the job for you. If you want a job based on security, good benefits, a family environment, and monotonous work; this is the job for you.
Pros
Flexible, Good Benefits, Decent Work Hours, Good Co-workers, Job Security
Cons
No advancement opportunities, Supervisor's suggestions and feedback go unheard, Lack justificationof decisions, lack of consistency, fairness, and can sometimes be untruthful, stressful work
Productive and Easygoing Job
Truck Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Oxford, AlJanuary 16, 2013
Enjoyable job with a great staff and good moral views. A day at work is usually 12 hours and is an am to pm. I learned how to service trucks and had great trainers. Management is good and fair about handling problems that arise. The hardest part of the job is being in one place for half a day. The most enjoyable part are the off days because they are consecutive.
Pros
great people and a healthy and safe working environment with wonderful work schedules
Cons
lack of advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at B.R. Williams Trucking, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

B.R. Williams Trucking, Inc. Reviews by Location