BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
51K
41.1K
Found 2,445 reviews matching the search See all 3,063 reviews
Workers care, Management does not!
Engineer (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 16, 2018
Workers care, Management does not!

What more do you need to say. Managers are put in place to manage and assist. NOT MICRO Manage..Human Resources are truly a joke. Sad. ALL work policies and schedules are made up based on how much brown nosing you do.

If you are a good productive worker, then YOU will do all the work.Your work,co-workers work, and your managers work.
If you are a SLUG and just wish to get by, then brown nose your way to doing nothing all day and get praised for it.

Managers pick and choose what each employee can do. Start time, End Time, Lunch,Telecommuting. Make up time. ETC... All based on how much your manager likes you.

Work Culture is basically sit around and wait for work to be piled on you. Then it's a rush. No mistakes or it's all on your shoulders. Stay sharp!

BAE is a company that no matter how hard or good you work, You'll never be appreciated.
Pros
Work Hours, Co-workers
Cons
Management, Human Resources.Policies.Healthcare.
No advancement opportunities.
Engineering Technicia 3 (Current Employee) –  California, MDJuly 15, 2018
I have been with BAE for 10 years helping design mechanical and electrical drawings and operation systems with no promotions in sight. Working countless hours to provide our Customer the best service possible. On a regular basis myself and other employees are beat down,while the ones that do not put out much effort get promoted. Just one example one co-worker with 3 years less experience and no AIT jobs ran by him was promoted over me. I have been running jobs for 9 years I was the only engineering tech 2 running jobs in BAE history. I am an engineering tech 3 now which I received in less than 2 years of employment. Unless you suck up to management you will not move up. I do not suck up to people, I work hard and expect the same of those under me.
Pros
I personally can not say any pros.
Cons
No advancement, Horrible benefits. Poor management
Outstanding opportunities and options.
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 13, 2018
In BAE hard work is always rewarded.
Opportunities are available for advancement.
A fair and supportive management team.
A great place to learn and acquire new skills.
Pros
Great place to excel.
Cons
None that I know of.
Good work place
JOURNEYMAN PIPEFITTER (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 12, 2018
Everyone helps everyone out . The management could use some help just because they are swamped with work . The only reason I'm leaving its cost of living
BAE Systems
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 12, 2018
Management was good. Paid time off was exceptional. Food trucks almost daily. Four day work week with 3 days off. Catered lunches when goals were met.
Benefits
Cons
Not every dept is on the same page
Exchange Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 8, 2018
There were happier days before the Bae take over of SilverSky. I seems like the purchases Silversky for it's customer platform them laid off most of the USA based employees
Really good place to work
Senior Piping Designer/SP3D (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 7, 2018
BAE is a really good place to work. I worked with a talented group of people. Learned a lot about working at a government site.
Management let you do your work and if you need help, they will help by answering questions, adding more resources to get the project done. The hardest part of job is working in existing building,
but that the challenge of it. And that the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Work challenges, on site gym, on site health clinic
Great job for anyone who like a challenge
Integration Technician (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCJuly 4, 2018
Very challenging and causes you to think!! Gets the experience of a lifetime. Very different from what I was use to doing but came to be easy as time passed
Pros
Experience
It was a great career
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 29, 2018
I loved working at BAE.. just wish it would of not closed the shipyard in my area. I would of loved to retire from BAE. It’s a great company to work for.
Top Management Doesn't Have a Clue
Auditor/Accountant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2018
Top management is oppressive, dictator, unresponsive to employee needs, doesn't have any idea how to run a shared service center.

Employees are treated badly--look at the high turnover rates. This stems from upper management culture.

I've never worked in an environment with top management that doesn't have a clue.
Pros
Nice Facilty
Cons
Inept Top Management
Very productive and driven company to work for
X-Ray Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78725June 27, 2018
Very productive and driven company to work for. The longer you stay, the easier it is to move up the chains. The hours can be a little long, but it's definitely worth it.
Overall Bae is a wonderful company to work for, unfortunately .. my dept. was very cut-throat with poor management.
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJune 26, 2018
I personally love Bae and met some wonderful people. like every other company, always a few sharks in the sea. Fortunate for other companies, they will see the great qualities i have to offer.
Pros
Benefits, good careers and mostly decent upstanding individuals.
Cons
small group of cut-throat individuals that will pull any stunt to work their way to the top.
Not what i expected
Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 26, 2018
Upon being hired for my specific skill set, I was then misled by receiving a salary that did not match the original offer and agreed upon amount. This has caused me to pursue other options.
Good
Maintenance Mech. 2 (Former Employee) –  Greenlawn, NYJune 26, 2018
Work environment good place people are good workers employee programs advancement long hours 9 - 80 work week paid time off health care strong economy
Pros
Off every other Friday
Cons
Work every other Friday
x ray op.
UT Level II and Cast A X-Ray Operator (Current Employee) –  Radford, VAJune 24, 2018
It depends what time I start by what week it is. You got to get there at least 15 minutes early to change. Once you change you catch a van to your work station or building. You start up the machines. Run a cal grain to verify the machine is in spec. Then run as many parts as you can. Run a cal at the end of the shift. Turn in paper work and go change.
Pros
People are friendly
Cons
shift rotation
I dont know how to judge this place it is a very fast pace and they are very understaffed
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 24, 2018
I can see they are seriously understaffed throughout the company and the volume of work is just to much to manager successfully.

the sites are running out of room to place any new hires and there is few place left with office room for privacy
Pros
9/80 work week
Cons
growth is killing the structure need more employees NOW
Worked there years back
Kit Assembler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2018
Years back when the war was at its height I worked there and it was go go go and always transforming it's dependents. Can't honestly comment on its daily operations today.
good experience
Second Class Welder (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2018
this was a good place to work even though when they got low on work they lay people off. the shift supervisor was a good person to work for he liked my work ethic but due to availble work he could not keep me cause i was hired through a temp agency. this job was good pay and also the amount of hours i wanted to work. like i said the only bad thing was that when they did not have ships in the dry dock yard they had to lay people off
Electronics TechnicianII
Electronic Technician Specialist II (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 21, 2018
Traveling technician to different military installation and performed preventive and corrective maintenance to different fuel gauging systems,
Learned time management
didn't manage anyone
Work place culture was ok
The hardest part of the job was the slowness of paying the travel pay
Most enjoyable interacting with different individuals
Pros
Travel perks
Cons
Slow payment
Overall work
Motor Vehicle Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIJune 21, 2018
I really enjoyed the job that i did with BAE; so much so that when i returned after my move back home to Hawaii from Las Vegas, I knew I wanted to return to my same position and I did.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

64out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at BAE Systems.

Powered by Comparably