BAE Systems Employee Reviews

41.1K
Found 2,355 reviews matching the search See all 2,948 reviews
not much to say
Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 23, 2018
Not much to say. The company was ok while I was there. But I am not there; so, cannot say much about it. The office is no longer in the same location.
productive
Micro Assembler/Solderer (Former Employee) –  Greenlawn, NY 11740April 22, 2018
i started working for bae system as a temp , and i remain just like that, it was to stressful , and competitive as well as bias, so it all depem=nd on you
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Productive work place
DETAIL PIPING DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  PortsmouthApril 22, 2018
It is a good place to work.. a very friendly team and with a good management system. All the employees are very helpful ready to help in any moments.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Short break
Great place
Mechanical Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHApril 21, 2018
Great place to work for. The benefits and pay is super fair and competitive. The work vibe is great and the company has great moral. Weekly pay is amazing.
A good place to work
Senior Trainer (Current Employee) –  Quantico, vaApril 20, 2018
I really enjoyed my time with BAE and for a while they were very good to me and I never thought about leaving. In taking a new position within the company, I have blocked any further advancement to my current position. To date, leadership has been unsympathetic to my concerns on the position.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
dwindling benefits; poor communication at times
Big Company Feel
ALL-SOURCE INTELLIGENCE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 19, 2018
It was a large company that generally left their employees to their work. No more, no less.Can't really say that I have too much to complain about, but it lacked a bit of a personal touch that I prefer.
To long ago to provide helpful information.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 18, 2018
I worked for them 17+ years ago they have changed and most of the people and things i worked on are now gone. Any feedback is outdated and i feel it would no longer apply.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great Company
Senior Lead EA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 18, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with well qualified people. They do a great job recruiting the right skill sets for the job. Management was also great.
Good company to work for
Project Manager/Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAApril 17, 2018
BAE Systems is a very diverse company to work for, with positions all over the world. The work is typically focused on the customers and their contracts and can be very fast paced at times.
productive and fast paced
Work-study Internship (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCApril 16, 2018
A typical day at work is fast paced and fun, as long as you get along with fellow employees. I learned a lot about mine resistant vehicles, robotic weapon stations, and C4I radios for testing and troubleshooting. The management seemed to be more over bearing than necessary and never gave credit where it was due when tasks were accomplished.
Pros
company events
Cons
short breaks, no positive reinforcement
Government contrat work
Aircraft Mechanic II (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLApril 15, 2018
Work is high stress and cut throat. Your job is dependent on someone else doing their job. Government contracts are not reliable and expect a high turnover rate when company is in a slump.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Dependent on contract work.
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCApril 13, 2018
BAE is really good company to work,really nice people's and friendly very productive and less stressful,I wish they didn't have layoffs BAE they much your 401K
Most employees have been there for a long time
SHE manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 12, 2018
Management is very is interested in my role (Safety). My immediate manager is not interested in the department as a team and takes a lot of time off. not a good team atmosphere
Pros
good people at site
Cons
Lack of opportunity to advance
Typical Day at BAE
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALApril 12, 2018
You sometimes never knew which department you would have to work in, and also the favoritism was very noticeable. Then the management wouldn't be honest about certain things. We was kept in the dark about the lay off. It was a good place to work at first but things changed at the end.
I felt the work I was doing was important
Ground Photo (GP) Analyst/Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 12, 2018
Content management of a website and a huge photography collection. Processing material that came through the office and preparing it for incorporation into the website and eventual archiving. Interacting with different departments to complete research requests. The frustrating part of this job was knowing some of the staff did not perform as well as others and it caused more work for others.
Pros
Social activities and commendation ceremonies were great for employee morale
Cons
Management did not take quick action to correct the issues.
Great Place to Work
Assistant Team Lead, Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEApril 11, 2018
My time there was short and I wish that it wasn't. The people were amazing to work with and the work was intriguing. I loved the interaction we all had and the time spent working as a team was fruitful. I would go back in heart beat as I loved what I did, and the people I worked with.
Pros
People, Benefits, Work
Cons
Had to do a lot myself to get it done.
Technical Intern 4 (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYApril 11, 2018
I never had enough work, and was hard to find more sometimes. Most of the people are great to work with. I just had trouble if I needed something done I had to do it myself, even if it wasn't my job.
Professional business with lots of opportunities
Senior Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAApril 10, 2018
Communication from top down could use improvement. Customer service is always a priority. The company works hard to take care of its employees. There is an impact award program that all employees can use to highlight significant accomplishments of their peers. Morale is usually pretty high.
Pros
Free training, reimbursements for education, growth opportunities, flexible hours
Cons
Organizational changes happen too often
Too many hours,not enough pay
Supervisor of Operations I (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXApril 10, 2018
Would work over 70 hours a week and being salaried would only get paid for 40. Company lost contract and started laying off people. Left before getting laid off.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Too many hours
IT SYSTEM SECURITY ENGINEER SR (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 9, 2018
I worked on site for a government contract. Experiences may very based on the contract you are attached to. Manger can be a little aloof but that will very on manger. My contract was great and very relaxed but was temporary and was not paying me as much as I feel is justified.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

64out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at BAE Systems.

Powered by Comparably