BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Found 2,541 reviews matching the search See all 3,169 reviews
Shipyard work
Ship Fitter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2018
Job was very cool, only issue is supervision. I had been there for 3 years and not to many problems. Working with my coworkers made the day enjoyable.
Cons
Short breaks, write ups over everything.
good if you are junior
Full Time Employment History (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHSeptember 21, 2018
caters to the snowflakes and doesnt really keep the performers interested. Will overpay for subpar people and not retain top tier talent. More interested in body count than quality so they can hit their sales numbers.
Very Large Company..
Drafter IV/Designer (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MISeptember 21, 2018
I liked the fact that the knowledge group was so vast at BAE. There were so many intelligent people that worked there. I also really liked the fact that I had access to all of the latest technology that was available.
Alright place to work
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHSeptember 20, 2018
While I was at BAE 2 years ago most people were older which made for a difficult work atmosphere. Most people just put their head down and worked rather than build relationships with their coworkers.
Productine and relaxed atmosphere
Warehouse, Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCSeptember 20, 2018
I was given the opportunity to exercise my leadership abilities without question from my manager. I was given the flexibility to make changed as required without question.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
People were easy to work with
Machinery Estimator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2018
Good leadership and very helpful about meeting deadlines. But working area was not conducive to doing estimating. The hardest part of my job was trying to stay awake when I was using the computer to read drawing and reference material. My working area was not getting enough air conditioning and this was causing me to dose off as I was trying to read drawing and reference material on the computer.
Pros
Celebrates Birthdays
Cons
Working area hot and causing dosing off
Satisfying work culture
Material Handler 3 (Current Employee) –  Hudson, NH 03051September 17, 2018
BAE Systems offers many job opportunities for advancement if you are willing to work hard and expand your knowledge base. It is a demanding company but it has to be, they support the warfighter and their lives are at stake if quality isn't at the utmost importance. I take great pride working for a company that does what they do.
Pros
competitive pay and benefits
Cons
no cons
Very productive
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Worked there for 11 years. Almost 7 was over seas. They provide no training. Consistently working with the military which can be fun and challenging. Good place to work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Excessive travel
Fast Pace and dead line driven
Material Handler III; Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXSeptember 17, 2018
The day always went by very fast because I was always busy. Many times I was involved with developing betters ways to get the job done more efficiently for safety and higher production.
Pros
Great management
Cons
very dusty
Productive workplace in any position you can be promoted you can move up in the business without a doubt just as long as you work your area well
Ship yard- fire watching (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 16, 2018
-Be prompt and on time
-Follow instructions thoroughly
-Use break time wisely
End each day with a clean area so u can have a fresh start beginning your next shift
Automotive Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 14, 2018
Performed maintenance on military vehicles. Inspected and tested vehicles to diagnose malfunctions. Dismantled and reassembled defective parts for vehicles. Repaired and installed wiring and electrical components in vehicles. Test drove vehicles to ensure proper function. Installed new or repaired parts on vehicles.
Extremely slow paced
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER I (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2018
EXTREMELY SLOW PACED. the time off is really nice but the lack of meaningful tasks make me feel like I am wasting my hard earned degree. I would be completely fine working twice the work load with twice the pay
Pros
time off
Cons
no sense of accomplishmet
Great company to work for. flexible and the best resources.
M777 LWH Sales/ Field Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Yuma Proving Ground, AZSeptember 13, 2018
would def work for BAE again. company was very family oriented especially at the corporate building in Hattiesburg, MS. always holding family events which was very refreshing to see.
Chanllenging but fun career
Electronics/Maintenance Shop Lead/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Schofield, HISeptember 12, 2018
Productive and challenging workplace with a variety of equipment to work on with includes police vehicles, night vision goggles, Humvees, air to ground two way radios, weapons and building maintenance. I have learned a wide range of knowledge in different types of test equipment and tools associated with the different job task. Management guided our work force through the different challenges the Government endured on our work force. The most hardest part of the job was worrying if our contract would get renewed, the most fun part about the job was the employees great knowledge and attitude.
A decent place to work overseas
Site Manager/Lead Analyst (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 12, 2018
I served overseas supporting military operations. The conditions were austere and the accommodations were equivalent to what our enlisted military counterparts had.
Great Firm
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 12, 2018
Great company to work for. The Executive Leadership in the company were amazing. They were really in tuned with the employees. The over all culture made it a great place to work.
Good stablity in a large company
Training Specialist / Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Spring Lake, NCSeptember 11, 2018
BAE is a decent company that treats their employees well. Being a large company they have the benefits and backing to support their employees in many ways.
Pros
Free company sponsored events, decent pay
Cons
Some are allowed to get away with things they shouldn't
Great Job Security
Mid CT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 10, 2018
Provides great job security and upward mobility at the cost of sometimes lackluster management and a general disconnect between corporate and lower workforces.
Painter
Certified Painter 2nd class / Welder Helper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32226September 9, 2018
Very good company to work for the only decide that really will effect your bottom line is the layoffs and having to find something to hold over until work picks back up again
Not for me
FIBER OPTIC SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHSeptember 7, 2018
The department that i used to work for, it was so stressful. Some people might like it the thing i did, but not for me. That is the reason i quite there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.1K

Diversity score

64out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at BAE Systems.

Powered by Comparably