BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Found 2,630 reviews matching the search See all 3,274 reviews
Mission Driven Company with Opporutnities
Analyst (Current Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 16, 2018
A company of this size has a lot of opportunities all over the globe for a wide variety of analytical roles. Since BAE is generally the prime on a contract their benefits and stability are stronger than others, most of the time. But being so big and having such a corporate culture can make it seem like you are just a number and they only give you guidance to check the corporate compliance box, instead of genuine caring.
Pros
Lots of opprotunities in diffeerrent places.
Cons
Too corporate.
Video Analyst at BAE
Video Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 15, 2018
As a video analyst for BAE I, of course, analyzed videos for a government agency. The hours are rotating shift, 12 hours per night/day of staring at video screens with a few breaks in the monotony. It is great as an entry level job, but it has a high level of requirement as far as security clearance and military training. The hardest part of the job is the high learning curve for people with skill sets outside of the video analysis industry, and the efforts to maintain and improve those skills. There isn't a whole lot of advancement potential, with only a few pay bumps over the years. Though the schedule is very accommodating, actual vacation is not as easy to use due to the offset on days work (8 vs 12 hr days). There are also a lot of opportunities for voluntary overtime. I know this is kind of rambling, but I don't really have anything negative to say, only positive and neutral statements.
Pros
competitive pay, good schedule, lots of training
Cons
long days, hard on the eyes, high learning curve
hard to say
Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 15, 2018
my time at BAE was a little stressful do to the slow pace it took to acquire other cranes. i was more than capable of running more cranes than the one they allowed yet i was hindered to just one in many months
BAE is a good company to work for after years of military service to help you transition
Logistics Analyst V (Current Employee) –  Silverdale, WANovember 15, 2018
BAE lacks the opportunity to advance within the company and has ok management. This all depends on where you go for your office. I was in an office with 2 people total and boss was out of state. My reviews will be different than others based on locations
OK Place
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 14, 2018
This was my first job after college. I was on second shift and was enjoying the work. Then, management decided to add more managers and that is when things started to go downhill. To much supervision and a lot of finger pointing.
Big company - nice experience
TroubleshooterTechnician - Gyroscope Systems (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTNovember 14, 2018
I started working on assembly line at BAE. I underwent a technical examination and got promoted to a new troubleshooter technician position. During my time on the assembly line I had one of the best managerial experiences in the USA, where the challenge of building a new area in the company merging new and old employees brought me a lot of learning in the managerial approach. I quickly learned my activities and was able to assist in the evolution of the team. Soon an opportunity arose where I could use my knowledge in electronics and was raised to a new position. There I identified some managerial deficiencies, which could explain some faults and failures of the department. It was a very fertile field for learning and I am proud to have worked there.
Pros
employees are valuable to the company
Cons
some bad managers were there at half of my time in the company
Must move to make more money
Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) (Current Employee) –  Nashua NHNovember 12, 2018
Great working environment but don't expect to head up the pay scale quickly. They will offer more money coming from the outside than coming from internal
Stressful environment/Good people and benefits
Subcontract Administrator, Sr. Principal (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 12, 2018
There are definitely some folks who consider it a badge of honor to work a high number of hours a week, so you have to prioritize your own work-life balance.

Schedules and work-load are often unrealistic and therefore very stressful.

On the upside, the majority of folks within the company are conscientious, hard-working, and team players. It is easy to make connections with others, which will get you through most days.
Pros
Benefits are good, co-workers are great, and if you're driven, you will find a way to move up.
Cons
Stressful environment
Fast paced
Paint Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PANovember 12, 2018
Working for BAE was very fast paced and competitive. I was nominated supervisor while on Christmas break which they gave two weeks paid I had one week off then for the second week I was back in for training for my new role.
Pros
great advancement
Cons
company shut down
Has a hard time maintaining good talent based upon competative company matches and incentatives.
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 11, 2018
A typical day consist of a reaction to fire to be solved, but you will learn a lot a software engineering. Friendly workplace culture and flexible work/life balance.
Pros
Offers Flex time schedule and friendly work environment.
Cons
Very poor options for advancing within the Company
Great opportunities for career development
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 11, 2018
BAE Systems is a world-wide defense company with significant opportunities to explore new work environments and learn new skills for an employee who brings value to the organization.
Fast paced and demanding place to work
Chemical Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNNovember 10, 2018
Great place to learn and grow as an engineer. A typical day is fast paced with 24/7 manufacturing occurring. Management allows you to be autonomous and work at your own pace.
Enjoyed working and had some great times
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 9, 2018
I respected the culture on mission. It was serious and yet Management kept it lively. Wonderful people to work with. The hiring process was quite detailed and professional
Great work environment. Not paid enough.
Systems Engineering Department (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJNovember 8, 2018
Managers are good. Job is a stepping stone to Lockheed Martin for most people, resulting in a high turnover rate. Micromanagement of other organizations on a daily basis. Busy work gets old quick. Raises have nothing to do with years of experience. Dress code is annoying.
Pros
Flexible schedule. Great managers
Cons
Underpaid. Dress code. Micromanagement. Busy work.
Typical shipyard
Material Planner II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 8, 2018
Early start daily 0700 until 1700 most days. High pace usually take lunch at the desk because of workload. normal cubicle setup.

I learned about the ship repair proposal/bidding process

Management was well intentioned

workplace is stressful but not overwhelming.

Hardest part is timely completion of ship repair

Enjoy winning bids and completing ship repairs
Pros
Very good benifits
Cons
Long hours slow upward mobility
N/a
Senior Procurement/Subcontract Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 7, 2018
Good company, good benefits.
Friendly co workers.
Good workspace
Lots of work
Awesome mission.
Work culture makes you feel like you are apart of the team
stressful job to undertake.
PLANT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNNovember 6, 2018
my job their was great but the management needs some work. if your a brown nose then you'll go far their. it took me a year and a half to be able to get full time there. their pay raises was every 6 months but it took an additional 3 months before it was on my check stub.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
took me a year and a half to get full time there.
A great place to intern
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NHNovember 5, 2018
I worked for BAE Systems as a co-op over two summers. The company tries to get all of its interns to think up company improvements and present them in groups with its intern project. It is a really good way to learn how to develop, organize, and present as the company gives very constructive criticism.
Great Place
Sr. Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 4, 2018
Great company, good people, important work. They pay well and have excellent benefits. Good place to have a career. There is opportunity to move around if you are willing to live in PA. Diversity is important at BAE. The overall compensation package is very generous.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
Was Machine
Great company
Full Motion Analyst (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VANovember 4, 2018
Really enjoy working for this company. My first career after I transitioned from Active duty service. Great culture, great people and great environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.2K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight