Play YouTube video button
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from BAE Systems:

BAE Systems Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA389 reviews
BAE is a good company to work for but I am not sure about the career advancement.. Environment is very quite. Noone overwhelm you with too much work. Its always spread out eaqually..
Was working at home. I became symptomatic for COVID and doctor quarantined me. I kept working. Customer released me from project. Remote laptop access immediately terminated. Given less than 2 weeks notice to find another job while on quarantine and sick.
Pros
sub-contractors (partners) were very nice.
Cons
project information not shared.
BAE is a great place to work if you are looking to get your foot in the door. They are mostly focused on Military type of work and more engineering type of work as well.
I have been with this company for just 9 months as a contractor. And since day 1 have been amazed by the kindness and professionalism of the work environment. They made me feel like family and have always been supportive and communicate well all aspects and concerns to my job. I hope someday to come back as a direct-hire and to stay long term with this company. It is because of the professional, caring atmosphere of this company and giving back to the community that BAE will be very successful in the years to come.
Pros
Friendly, Supportive and Encouraging Atmosphere. Gained Professional Experience
Cons
Contracts are based on the customers holding up their end of the contract.
Challenging work environment with good support structure. The company has many diverse businesses, people and locations. Management is in full support of the Internal Audit Function.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Leadership does not know specifics of the contract and does not allow some teams to read it themselves. Leadership does not visit the floor or introduce themselves at any time. There is no such thing as morale events. I felt as though I am just a body to fill a seat and there is no upward movement in the analysis side of the house.
I loved the job. I loved the team members. Enjoyed the fast-paced environment. Excited to learn new technologies and be promoted in a short period of time.
Typical big company: all they care about is filling a seat in a contract. Poor management and few advancement opportunities. Be prepared to be just a number.
It is a great company to work for however, there are times where we are not able to utilize the PTO that we have accrued because of the deficit in personnel that we have. They are a great company and can be even better if they are able to understand that their employees are people and not just automated machinery.
Be sure to understand the ins and outs of the position you are accepting. Working a lot of hours in a stressful and slightly hostile environment is not ideal. Not BAE Systems fault though
BAE Systems is a great company to work for. They offer a comprehensive benefits package. The management and growth opportunities in side the company are good as well.
Great company, great salary, great benefits, and great job selections. Was deployed to Afghanistan with BAE Systems and it was a very good experience. They really took care of us while deployed.
different jobs at each location and pay is not commensurate with experience, management is ok, workplace culture and typical day at work depends on what you are hired to do. varies with each work location
An excellent place to work where you are truly valued as persons and not just a number. The company offers excellent benefits and great opportunities for you to grow in the company. The company also cares about the customer and provides you with the tools to help you i your job and with customer relations.
I enjoyed working for BAE Systems they were a good company to work for. There is really nothing more to say other than if you work hard there is opportunity to advance.
Resist this place at all cost! I have been here three years and every year gets worst. Company strategy is in terrible shape. Leadership is led by old white men who are remote and misogynistic. HR is dominated by haters and back stabbers - all untrustworthy. Benefits totally subpar. Little to NO room for growth. CEO and COO are running this place into the ground, folks. People are heading for the exits left and right. Look elsewhere for happiness and career fullfillment...
Very nice place to work. allowed to change working hours .I have worked with most of the employees before while working with the FBI. I was nice seeing and working with them again
Unless you are completely desperate for a job, yes job, then do everything in your power to avoid working for this company. Hundreds of reviews are available across career sites that highlight the ineptitude at the lowest level manger to the astoundingly incompetent corporate good 'ole boys. Be forewarned that if you do go and work for them, it could very well be your last job, because they will do everything in their power to ensure that you can never work for another company after working for them.

Just do you homework with this company.
People are leaving in droves. Antiquated place to work and mgmnt is not supportive. Very little remote/flexibility. Very few new opportunities. I did not learn anything new there.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
A lot
Overall the compensation for work is adequate but the management does not take care of you. I had 4 different managers in a six month period... I literally had no idea who could help me with anything throughout my time there. Through the OJT process I was left to figure out the customer's processes with little to no guidance and ultimately ran out of time to become qualified.
Pros
Benefits and compensation
Cons
Lack of structure, no management to help you, and most personnel leave before 6 months of working there due to above negatives.
This is the best company I have ever worked for. They are so organized and they help you in every aspect. I have learned so much and they continue to help make sure you grow within. The benefits are the best too
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.
1.3K
1.4K
Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

20%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

28%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.