BAE Systems

Clear
3.9Pay & Benefits

BAE Systems insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Job pays well.

No room for advancement depending which site you are in. Good work experience if you are trying to get in the government sector. Other than that the work life balance is pretty good with 9/80 schedule, 120 PTO and 30+ personal holiday hours.

Cons

Everything moves slow

Opportunity for advancement is limited

Advancement opportunities are based on who you know not experience and expertise. Unfortunately this is a boys club at its finest. Woman do not receive equal pay for same work performed.

Pros

Good benefits and pay

Cons

Minimal recognition

Enjoy working with co-workers. Other than that, I have nothing good to say about BAE Systems.

Management is terrible. Promises are never kept. Pay is little more than minimum wage. No way to advance.Co- workers are fine once you get to know them, but difficult at first. Many employees are leaving for better jobs, myself included. Never get positive feedback. I'm sorry I took this job. I had two choices for employment and sorry to say I chose the worst company.

Pros

Flex time.

Cons

Benefits not good. Management not good. Under appreciated . No way to advance, or make more money.

Lack of procedures and ownership from management

No direction from the management team. The pay is good but no way this company can sustain this type of culture. Union is the only advantage but even with that, the management team treat you however they want.

Pros

Pay and vacation time.

Cons

Lack of direction.

Meh

The IT side of the company is undergoing a fundamental change in how things are run, goals, and governance. Extremely difficult the hit your goals when new responsibilities and goals change daily.

Pros

Pay, Benefits, schedule flexibility

Cons

Schedule Flexibility means after hours work...

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Great Company

Great company to work for, they have a pay scale available to all employees so you know the general range for each position. PTO is generous at starting at 3 weeks plus about 25 personal holiday hours and you move to 4 weeks at 4 years. 401k plan matches 100% up to 6% and is vested at start date.

Pros

PTO and Benefits (401k)

Cons

No Bonuses

Productive and great place to work!

I work as a material planner and I love my job and the people I work with! I love that it is a way to give back to my country and support those that support us!

Pros

Pay, support from co workers, benefits

Compensation n benefit

Good place to begin your career and would be great place to retire from if you can make it to the end.Benefits are decent Culture is goodManagement are toughGood training and mentoring as need for the position

Pros

Benefits and culture

Cons

Slow promotion

Mostly Good

BAE is a great place to work if you are dedicated. The pay is very good and there is high job security. The workload can be a lot at times and management may expect you to work on the weekends.

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Stressful

Misrepresentation at Best! Avoid at all COSTS!!!!

BAE relies on "Temp" people to do their jobs, and you are just that a "TEMP" Deal with it and accept it, look for nothing more amidst their lies to the employees. Promises of "Keeping" those who excel. As I am a 25 year professional in the Military documentation development, managing teams of people, excelling in efficiencies and clarity in vehicle documentation for our "Warfighters'. Only to be "LAID OFF" by BAE within 5 months, due to said "Budget" reasons and NEVER called back. Documentation material doesn't even match to the current re-power equipment, loosey goosey all around and top management does nothing. As a management professional in the DoD work, alone with the proper team, I could have turned them around to a "higher" level of efficiencies and profit. Restructuring will never happen and all management only strives to keep their positions, when I offered and suggestions and remedies to strengthen the team structure, I was looked down upon, possibly a threat to their "Culture" of overspending and misrepresentation. Sad day for myself and those that were positioned under me,Sad Day!!!

Pros

Good salary, if they keep you

Cons

Everything from management down.

I had a nice career at BAE Systems

I worked my way up the ranks as an administrative assistant, starting as support to a Director and eventually working to support Vice Presidents. I truly enjoyed volunteering my personal time to volunteering to assist the Men and Woman who served our Country.

Pros

Excellent benefits, great management team

Cons

Long days

Fun workplace

Fun place to work with. The hours are flexible, free housing. The group team leader is relaxed and easy to work with. The CEO's are concern about their employees.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Sub contractor

cooperative and efficient team work with a fun enjoyable environment

Amazing working environment with a satisfactory salary and benefits. It needs full dedications from employees even if work requires relocating to a near by associate entities. Worked overtime sometimes while it was possible to push it to the next day.

Pros

Family environemnt

Cons

Management.

good experience

working for navy was a good experience a lot of good people just a good place to work but not for everyone long hours hard work harsh working conditions and a rush to get the job done

good company

10 hrs 6 times a week and management is ok hardest part of the job is we are working outside rain or shine and sandstorms the most enjoyable part of it is working with my fellow veterans

Pros

free lunch and breakfast

Cons

breaks are ok

Good

Muy buena orientacion en el campo de la automatizacion. Un buen sitio amable para trabajar

Pros

seguro de salud

N/a

Great place to work. Friendly and professional employees/management. I only wish that it had been a permanent position.

Pros

Good pay, high morale and pleasant environment

Cons

Temporary job with unaffordable benefits through the Temporary Service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare BAE Systems with

• BAE Systems
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?