BGRS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A great company
Senior Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 18, 2018
This company is an awesome international company to work for. They provide full time benefits and opportunist to work anywhere in the world. A very fun and exciting corporate environment.
Pros
Cons
N/a
A company trying to retain talent thru non monetary benefits rather than providing the support to retain employees
Relocation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 9, 2018
I was excited about the opportunity to work at BGRS. During the interview they were very inquisitive and indicated that there was ample support to ensure success. However once I began training I found it to be independent, self paced and consisted of webinars with occasional management live training. The team I worked on was professional hard working but clearly handling more files than desired due to high turnover of staff.
Pros
Van-Pool, Compensation, Pto, Flexible work hours and Benefits
Cons
Short staffed, Unrealistic work loads and Reactive Training
Decent work/life balance, not much opportunity for advancement, difficult work conditions.
Client Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 2, 2018
When I first started, BGRS provided a comfortable, laid-back work environment. We had team building every month. Then the company cut back and we were left to carry the burden.
Conferrable place to work
Compensation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILDecember 13, 2017
Conferrable place to work, but if you are looking to advance your career and become more financially secure its hard to move up and get there. Easy relaxed environment give a lot of time off and work from home days and low stress make up by not paying you as much as you may want.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
entry level pay
Some Departments are better than others
Compensation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 28, 2017
It depends on where you work at the company. Some departments are properly staffed. Right now my department is understaffed and we must work 10 hr days to get the work completed. My manager is wonderful and a forward thinker but not all of them are as good as her. The client I work on is very large volume and previously had 4 people working on it but now it's only 2. Makes things more stressful than they need to be. Vacation time is good if you can take it. Pay is very good. They are trying to make it a nice environment for employees, but due to staffing right now it is falling short.
Pros
Vacation time, flex schedules, good pay
Cons
under staffed in some departments, management training needed
Great Benefits with no Job Security
Senior Team Accountant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 18, 2017
This company has been in transition since it was purchased form Prudential in 2012. Since there have been dozens of series of layoffs while work is moved to new systems or over sees.
Pros
Health Benefits, Discounts and Lots of PTO
Cons
Constantly waiting for layoffs
Overall positive experience
Global Mobility Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJuly 7, 2017
Overall my experience at Brookfield Global Relocation Services (BGRS) was positive. The company is growing and expanding it's business. It is a good place to work.
Decent Job but not long term
Consultant (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 12, 2017
BGRS has great potential to be a fantastic company. However, not all benefits/opportunities are offered equally to all employees. If you are a good worker, they just expect more. Merit increases are next to nothing. They lock you into a role for one year and it is next to impossible to progress.
Brookfield
Global consultant (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILMay 1, 2017
New manager, wealth of knowledge, but poor communication and team development. No 401k match, and high turn over. Within my first 6 months we had roughly 5 people resign on our team of 12. This increased work loads and not pay or add in review. Overall company is ok. You would Monday- Friday and day shift. This just about the only perk. Aside from the people.
Ok
International Household Goods Auditor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 29, 2017
It is a Canadian company. They could care less about their employees. It was much better when Prudential owned it. One thing they did well is stream lined everything.
Pros
Limited the Bueracuracy
Cons
Pay
Consultant at BGRS
Real Estate Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 28, 2017
This company will stab you in the back. I was a loyal employee there for a time span of 3 years and was promoted many times through different departments. I was a very loyal employee and never received any complaints and had glowing reviews from supervisors. This company will send the jobs abroad and will lie to you at town hall meetings about the company direction and status. I would seek employment at a different relocation company if you are considering a career here. HR has no idea what is going on with the employees. This place is a joke
They use and dump.........keep looking
Team Accountant - Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 30, 2016
Not a good place to recommend a friend to work at, over-working, back biting, clique oriented environment, favoritism and many more. Work there while at the same time keep looking for a different place..
Just don't do it
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILSeptember 24, 2016
Brookfield has/had a lot of potential to be a great service employer. However, the recent changes management has been making is leading to disaster in the company. There is constant restructuring, employee morale is low and turnover is very high. The employees are simply burnt out with being overworked and undervalued. That is unless of course you fit in to the "culture". Which you probably won't if you value your time, your family, or your overall sanity.
Pros
Casual dress, Pto
Cons
Instability, Little to no training, Double the work for little pay.
Excellent group to work with!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2016
Training needs vast improvement. Aside from that this is a very busy sort of business where you will deal with people from all over the word. Definitely worth a shot.
Busy, fast paced, good place to work.
International Transportation Specialists (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 23, 2016
Relaxed atmosphere, comfortable work space. Great team building efforts by my team lead. Most co-workers were cooperative and helpful. Need of more cross training/cohesiveness between departments.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No Job Security
Busy
Senior Team Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 10, 2016
My days were filled with constant work with great assistance by co-workers and management. I learned a great deal and was given the opportunity to learn other departments
Pros
Great Vacation days
Cons
Benifits
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 10, 2016
Fast paced work and challenging without too many frustrations. Projects were very organized with solid change management process.

Management held directives from business side of things which conflicted with actual processes at times.

Great co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the expectation of being on-call 24/7 when the job did not call for it.

Most enjoyable part of the job was fast paced work and feeling we were getting projects done successfully.
Real Estate Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 19, 2016
I worked as a real estate specialist with 14 years of experience focusing on the customer service and corporate clients for managing a portfolio of properties during the home sale process in support of the relocation consultant during properties that come through marketing, pre-inventory and inventory. I have build excellent working relationships with relocation consultants, corporate clients as well as others such as real estate brokers and agents, lenders, appraisers, title companies and attorneys. I exceeded in sales goals at Brookfield Global Relocation Service. I received a medal of Excellence Award in 2015 for supporting corporate clients. I enjoyed working with consultants and management and in supporting the customers while they went through their relocation.
Pros
lunch meetings
Cons
training
Employer of Choice to be sure
Senior Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 25, 2016
A good destination career spot in the relocation service industry. Business has a good outlook toward its employees.
Teams work well together.
Office setting is difficult for personal exercise.
Helping global mobility assignments to be more successful
Don't work desktop support at this place
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2016
From the aspect of a technical employee, this place is so backwards it's not worth wasting time on. Their engines are a decade out of date and constantly failing. Their developers work on 15+year old XP Machines that breach most of their government security compliance, but don't care because nobody holds them accountable.
Pros
feels like a startup company
Cons
feels like a startup company