BMW Employee Reviews

Found 1,267 reviews matching the search See all 2,140 reviews
Customer Service
Brasil CIC (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJanuary 16, 2019
Good work environment, however extremely stress full and high paced. Fair pay and good benefits. A lot of room to advance, inside of BMW services. Paid time off.
Profecionales
Packing (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJanuary 15, 2019
Tener siempre un area bilingue,ya que aqui en Estados Unidos viven miles de personas de diferentes paises ,por ende no todos hablan o entienden perfecto el idioma ingles. Deverian tener una linea telefonica o una tableta con el servicio de traducción.
Pros
Plan privado salud
Cons
No tienen botellas de agua
Very strict attendance policy
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCJanuary 10, 2019
the staffing agency that BMW uses in the Greer SC manufacturing

facility compensates their associates at a rate per hour, at or below

half of what the associates that are employed directly by BMW,

for the identical work.
Pros
Interesting work environment
Cons
Seemingly unreasonable attendance requirements.
Awesome place to work
Team Lead Detailing Department Check in New Cars (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2019
Loved working with new cars gassing them up and detailing them for customers and learning new techniques on how to detail cars. Enjoyed the working environment and loved my team
Pros
Driving the cars
Cons
Short staffed sometimes
Fast pace
BDC Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 7, 2019
I enjoyed my time at BMW. I especially enjoyed the BDC managerial position as it allowed me to communicate with customers and most employees of the company. As the call center manager, resolving all issues brought great satisfaction.
Pros
BMW lease program
Cons
No breaks
Work place enviroment.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brazil, Santa Catarina Araquari.January 6, 2019
BMW is for me a very good company and a very important professional school. Over the years I really improuved my lead skiils in supervisor management team.
Work in this company make me feel proud. I have a good job environment, good friends and a wonderful team. The benefits are perfect and the challenges too.
I would strong appreciate BMW MC USA give me opportunity to continue to work and maintained my skiils as a production Supervisor or any other job according my qualification.
Pros
Benefits, secure and clean work enviroment, good work atmosphere.
Cons
Distance from city, comunication with supplier about parts quality shoud be improuved.
Great Company
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 3, 2019
Excellent place to work. Great people and great environment. Totally supportive and always trying to make work fun and exciting. Very supportive management and staff.
Good Place
Office Clerk, Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Darien, CTJanuary 3, 2019
During my time in BMW, I learned a lot in this industry, really liked and enjoyed my time there. It is professional and fast past-paced environment to work in.
nothing
Dock controller, Shipping & receiving (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 3, 2019
The job is good if you just want a stable job. you will have to go to night shift for least 2-3years after being hired on from temp company to BMW. the pay for temp service is more then average but you will be stuck there till hired
Pros
days off, off, people, company life
Cons
pay, hours, management
excellent company and lots of benefits and perks
Lease end specialist (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJanuary 2, 2019
BMW is one of the best companies to work for. Lots of employee benefits and other perks. Lack of lateral promotion. Too many bureaucracy. Medical and other health benefits are great so too is vacation time. competitive environment.
Pros
great perks
Cons
too competitive/sales environment

Want to know more about BMW?

Ask a question
I really want to work for bmw company like a mechanic
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  LondonJanuary 1, 2019
I will do my best for the working satisfaction and I have also my working experience and certification.i am not just a good mechanic and i also know how to paint car and repair car body
Pros
Lunch and dinner
Cons
Health care
Strong, stable company
Assembly Reject Controller (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCDecember 29, 2018
Typically very busy and interactive work day. I have learned to manage my time wisely and efficiently. I have received training and am authorized in the usage of SAP software and expanded my Microsoft Office skills. I feel that some management is too focused on delegation and not enough on learning the actual job functions of the associates they manage, which is necessary in order to help guide the departments to a stronger, more proficient and efficient performance of the processes. The most difficult part of my job is the organizing and motivation of other departments that directly affect the efficiency of my departments operation. However, this same interaction with the other departments could also be considered an enjoyable part of the job, as I enjoy the collaboration with other departments to improve the processes and overall work experience.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours on feet and frequent schedule changes
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 28, 2018
Great place to work would want to work any place then here great co-worker and management . Everyone here are like family from top to bottom this a first class company
Production company
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCDecember 27, 2018
This is a great company to work for they do a lot in the community and they take really good care of their employees. They also recruit right out of high school so you can get a career early
Pros
Great company
Cons
12 hour shifts
Great Products
Field Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2018
Innovation and products always reminds you about why you got into the industry. Still a male dominated industry, however current management is promoting culture change for the better. Dealers are great to work with.
Great benefits
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCDecember 19, 2018
Hours could be stressful sometimes. You received a calendar for the whole year to show the days you work. There are some good section leaders. We received bonuses every year.
High Expectations
Service Advisor/Writer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 17, 2018
Typical work day is 10-14 hrs per day. Work 4 days and 3 days off Sundays the Service Department is closed.
Min 250 service hrs to get paid higher incentives , but expectation given was 400 service hrs per month. Each vehicle average about 2 service hrs need to average about 10-15 cars daily individually to obtain 320-440hrs per month. When you start off don’t expect to be writing up 10-15 cars per day unless your productively answering the phone and setting appointments for yourself. Most beginners average 5-8 cars per day. Once it becomes second nature it’s pretty easy flowing. Estimates for repairs are a must to learn customers don’t like to be under quoted on estimates. Not much room for errors with this job must be accurate with price quotes and information related to clients. Don’t make any promises you can’t deliver. Just make sure you follow the correct procedures and guidelines you’ll be ok.
Pros
Good Benefits Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Compensation .Discounts on services for parts and labor, Purchased or Lease Vehicles
Cons
High paced work environment, Rarely ate lunch
Good first time job, less than i expected
BMW Genius (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 17, 2018
Absolutely degrading managers, salesman were successful based on just selling. Only looking for assets and looking for employees to be able to put their heart into their work.(without getting personal. Kind of counterproductive, isn't it?)

Co-workers had a lot of anger issues and stayed quiet when asked a question or got annoyed constantly. No real teamwork, just everyone trying to be the managers favorite by only putting on a smile when customers walked in. Condescending folks with no real respect for others therefore it was difficult for me to respect them if it wasn't reciprocated.
Pros
1hr lunches, Gets super quiet with nothing to do
Cons
Managers will yell at if you're just standing around, Will make you clean the 500 cars EVERY DAY
don’t report anything or you get fired
Parts Counterman (Former Employee) –  TENAFLY, NJDecember 14, 2018
Worked in parts for almost two years. Reported discrimination, harassment regarding gender/ sexuality regarding an A Counterman. They investigated, suspended him for a few days. Two months later they fired me with the excuse of “ slow sales” really was for blowing the whistle on him.... Penske Automotive Group... tolerates harassment and sexual discrimination... beware
Pros
Paid time off, salary
Cons
Poor management, weak union in the shop, tolerates harassment
did not meet my expectations
Parts Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 14, 2018
was a good change initially but started getting worse after management change. Too focused on achieving the bonus irrespective of the fact that inventory is being increased beyond overstock control.
Pros
gym, yoga classes, chiropractic sessions are offered
Cons
too stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMW. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at BMW.

Powered by Comparably