bp

bp Employee Reviews

United States2,346 reviews

Found 2,346 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,334 reviews
stationlotterycustomerstorepumpregistercashcashier

Did nothing but sit and get paid.

I was backup for the gas station so all I did was sit and get paid. Mostly I would help out costumers, but I would normally just be alone. I didn't really get to work when I want to, just 4 hours a day.

Bp

BP was a a very good company to work for mostly. Most of the managers were competent and fair. New management a few years ago decided our asset needed to be sold and they did not give us much support after that decision was made, up through the sales finalization. I would work for them again though, given the chance.

bp insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Good place to work with good benefits and opportunities

The company offers great benefits and pays well above average. Possibly the main challenge is to connect with the right people if you are not based in their main hubs - Sunbury or Houston.The sky is the limit if connected with the right people at the right time.

Great people and interesting work

Lots of meetings as very collaborative environment. Fascinating energy company trying to navigate tough regulatory environment for legacy hydrocarbon business. Most enjoyable part of job is the high quality people you work with and the interesting business. Downsizing in 2020 and 2021 put a lot of people who remained under stress.

very productive

liked the high level of safety culture in the company, balance between the work and private life, care to the environmental isses, social responsibilities

NIce organization and thaking good care of its staff.

We have 2 hours of overtime daily 5 days a week and we even work on weekends due to workload requirements. We have a nice Christmas celebration provided by the company. The accommodation was provided for free and the car rental, I only pay for the fuel.

Not bad

Ok place to work decent people and customers, the work is also easy enough and you can get good food. Overall I would say this is a 5 out of 10 place to work

I loved my customers management sucked

I loved the job the hours the pay wasn’t good at all and the management just didn’t care about the employees they never acknowledged any thing and I worked hard there and went above and beyond for the company and the customers but was done wrong by the management and could have pushed the issue with the labor department I figure they will never find another employee like myself and the customers would probably agree with that

Time fly when you do your job peacefully

It a good place to work Good place to learn It would be nice to have my job back with better pay it a good place to open your mind BP is a great company to work for it would be nice to go back to work for them .....

Fun

Was fun to work here loved overnights management doesn't communicate and some workers do the bare minimum call out policy is a joke. Loved the customers.

Great customer service

Love the people that work here great energy quick service alway go what I need Gas prices great great pay as well all around great environments to be in

Pros

Pay

Cons

Ar e a

Amazing place to work if you ever get in which is hard to get in I gave them 11 years of my life but it was the best job I ever had.

Amazing people, great culture non biased and amazing people to work for and with and can’t wait to get back with them and work with them again.I cannot stress enough once you get this job keep it plenty of room for growth and development.

Productive and mostly fun place to work.

The workplace culture was pretty good. Although our departments were supposed to work on some things together, I found that my department was quite often missed by other departments, placing undue extra work on us to meet deadlines. Overall, it is a great place to work and I would work there again if the opportunity presented itself.

Wonderful place to work

It’s an environment of real collaboration and encouragement which makes it easy to realize your full potential. I truly enjoyed my time at bp. It is really great.

management

Working place is fine. Nice co-workers and working in teams is a pro!Vertical management. No ear for the common worker even if you have made some great advices.Food is good though

Stressful

Stressful, fast paced. They expect you to do a lot more than what you actually sign up for. You’ll soon start wondering why you’re doing work out of your niche and not receiving the pay for it

okay place to work if you just need a paycheck and never want to actually advance in your life. easy work life balance

it was okay but I would’ve never gotten anywhere in life. the managers were great helping me with whatever I needed but I don’t think that there was a future for me over there. I do wish them the best though.

Good company. Horrible culture.

This could have been a great place to work but the hourly workforce was terrible. Too many steamers in the punch bowl. The benefits were great. I liked management overall. But amongst the hourly operators there were many jerks. You felt like you couldn't trust anyone. There were a lot of idiots in management too. You really had to fake it to the top. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good, smart people but their hiring at Whiting Clean Energy was terrible.

Pros

Money, benefits

Cons

Bad culture

Good employer

BP's current transition to green energy is exciting and well-perceived amongst management and peers. Overall, the compensation package is more than fair.

Disrespectful Management

It was only suppose to be a part-time gig. I was willing to work for months at different locations weekly. I was willing to cover manager shifts; while still getting regular worker pay wage.New managers every two months. Disrespectful employees.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Aggravating management

Good place to work, nice people. Management was great to work for and the commute was awesome. Laid back culture would definitely work there again if I could.

Common questions about bp

Answered by current and former employees at bp

Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at bp.
Powered byComparably