Here to help: Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews

United States2,185 reviews
Found 2,185 reviews matching the search
Featured review
bp selected this as a representative review
Very good work environment
I loved to work at BP. It was one of the best work environments I have worked at. My team and other coworkers were extremely supportive and we reached a high level of productivity through excellent collaboration.
Nice manager
This was just a job to pay the bills.No benefits. My previous job was assembling hot air dryers.It entailed reading prints and using a variety of hand and power tools.Building and wiring from start to fin8sh.
Good place
This is a Nice place to work with a laid back atmosphere, great management and they work well with my hours. It was also in a good location and the rest of the staff was welcoming and friendly.
Aww
Loved working here I was fired for something I truly didn’t do but other then that I loved working here seeing new people hanging out with our other co workers aww so awesome
Supervisors can make or break you
After working for nearly a decade at BP, holding a variety of roles in various departments, I experienced great joy and great disappointment. My biggest takeaway is that your manager (or the leadership of your department) can pave the way to either your success, stagnation or demise. Change was constant the entire time I was there and during some of the hardest times (oil spill era), I had phenomenal leaders who fostered my progress and growth. Yet, as the company began downsizing, I encountered 'managers' who had no backbone or clue on how to grow or represent their employees' capabilities.

I was extremely loyal to the company and believed in their values, because the majority of staff embodied them. However, it only takes one or two 'difficult' clashes to put you outside of the cliques and then you are managed out, demeaned and made to feel you are incompetent. Although they bring you to the team as the subject matter expert, others who have no clue about the discipline are allowed to influence decisions based on their 'feelings.' They attempt to gaslight you, and it's a known tactic they use to get people to quit instead of firing them. If you are seriously considering an offer from BP, know that it's just a 'job' not a career; you are expendable; don't miss your valuable family life for work success; negotiate your salary and benefits because they will attempt to low ball you and have you do more than the prior person did for less. Be prepared for constant change and don't be one to buck the status quo unless you have high-profile leaders that 'have your back.'

It
 - more...
Solid company- be prepared for re-organization
Bp is an amazing company. They are financially sound, they want to be great. But, the company is constantly re/organizing and Constantly bringing in foreign nationals to run the US market. These people are great but lack US expertise. Also, there’s a culture of constant re/organization. Be prepared to excel or be forced to move on.
No work-life balance
I worked at BP as a contractor. While many of the people were good to work with, the ones that weren't were bad in big ways so it overshadowed the good. Some managers were known to be problems yet were allowed to stay in their positions and treat people disrespectfully and unprofessionally. The manager I worked with most had no issue with providing comments on a document we prepared every week at the close of business on Wednesday and just expected me to stay late on that day every week, which was a hardship. I ended up completing my initial contract term and moving on when it was obvious work-life balance and good culture was talked about but not really lived.
Management needs oversight
Poor Store manager. Hire date was 8/19-3/20/2020 was my end date. Enjoyed my customers, they really made my day. Have a racist environment at Store.ok!
A good company to work for pay is good location is great this is a great area to live and raise a family a great workforce vast majority of fellow employees are good people and easy to work with
Good part time
Pay window not the best. No direct deposit options. Paper checks late in afternoon. Just got message saying pay checks delayed because company paid taxes before paying employees. With covd19, I've lost over 16 hrs. Now can't get paid. Not once has my manager came to me to talk about it and see how the company can help out or assist me in unemployment. That's just shows how important we are to this company. Got
better
Am tying to explain better way to learn how communicate with society. and primary opportunity benefit serve my self and community. the most important things access of job availability.
Poor management
Where I worked in L48, BP had poor management. Only thought of themselves. You were only a number to them. Tell you one thing one day the next day it was different. Not trustworthy. Ruined a lot of careers.
Great overall
Never had any problem loved this job. All the customers was extremely!!! nice all around was a great atmosphere to work. It’s a family before anything when working at BP we employees had a tight bond
Even your boss is fake and they dont treat you as employee. Don't try to be nice as they will take advantage of your good behavior.
They will never raise your pay how good you work or even if you work a lot.No benefits no bonus.They will never see you helping them. Don't give proper time to eat food even though you have to work 12 hours a day.
Easy and loved my customers
The job was very easy and quick to learn. There's always something to do. Always had my normal customers who were great people to see everyday. Didnt have much trouble for the type of work it is. Unfortunately no benefits but still was a wonderful place to work.
Great job entry level job
Small store great for beginners learning how to deal with customers and money handling. Learning to deal with customers can be hard you just have to learn how
how to
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Sometimes you get ride customers
Terrible
Very bad management. They were more interested about making money than happy customers or employees as well. The only reason why I stocked around was because the owner was a family friend and I was basically forced to work there. First chance I could leave I took it. By far the worst job that I've ever had.
BP is a good company to work for.
I don't have much more to say other than BP is a good company to work for. I had a good time at BP but it was time for me to go and find something else to do.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great
The work was fairly easy as long as you're ok lifting heavy boxes and stocking in a cold cooler for a short amount of time.
The customer service is really straight forward and easy!

The people were fun too
Pros
Easy and fun
Cons
Low commensation
A World Wide Commodity Companyh
A commodity based employer that must operate on unit pricing. Being a contractor, employment longevity via a contract is primarily based on price expectations which can either lengthen or shorten your tenure with the company..
Pros
Strong working community environment
Cons
World market dictates direction of company goals
They do not do what they say
I was hired for their management trainee. I was never trained was not able to show my potential as a manager. Did not like that the store manager used company time for personal reasons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K
1.2K
Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

52%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

42%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.