BP Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,476 reviews matching the search See all 2,333 reviews
Big Company with Good Benefits
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2018
BP provided excellent salary and benefits to their employees. Corporate Bureaucracy was strangling at times and I had an innumerable amount of meetings. The culture was team oriented and with very positive messaging. Non merit based affirmative action was rampant; especially at the lower levels of the company.
Pros
Great Salary and Benefits; Team Oriented Culture
Cons
Strangling Bureaucracy; Over emphasis on affirmative action
Former Owner (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 14, 2018
Energy and customers were amazing. Loved giving my customers the help and attention they needed. Fast pace all the time. Great multitasking experience. Knowledge about merchandise
It's what you make it
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pamplico, SCJuly 13, 2018
Being it was a cashier job, it's going to suck, people suck, the job sucks. However, depending on who you worked with for that shift, determined how well your shift went. Loved my co-workers, loved my manager, could've did better on the pay.
Ok place to work
CASHIER, AMPM KASHER (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAJuly 12, 2018
Only worked there a short time after BP took over and it was not a pleasure to work there. The pumps had just gotten changed before I left and customers were having a hard time figuring them out.
Pros
New equipement.
Cons
New company taking over and uncertain of what was going to happen.
Bp was a different experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, FLJuly 7, 2018
The gas station I worked at was privately owned the owners didn't kno much English. They were very biased.i did enhance customer service skills that I already had by building friendships with customers.i do feel that this company needs work as far as staffing and benefits.
Pros
Gave me customer servixs experience
Cons
Owners hard to understand no guidlines set and no benefits
Great Company to work for
Administrative Assistant/HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2018
BP is an international company that has, over the years, groomed many entry level employees for management. They have provided (actually required much of this) opportunities to be trained in areas that allowed for advancement. They allowed a flexible work schedule within the guidelines of the different departments. There were many amenities on campus (cafeteria, coffee shops, wellness medical center, childcare center, gym/fitness center, walking paths) which were available to all employees and contractors. The compensation programs, vacation guidelines and bonus structures made for an excellent employment package.
Pros
Employment guidelines, attention to safety
Cons
Oil and gas industry, subject to economy downturns.
Great company to work for
Procurement Strategy and Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2018
Focus on work/life balance. Great company culture and excellent compensation/benefits. BP promotes teamwork, integrity, diversity and inclusion .
Quick paced and busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 30, 2018
There was so much to do at all times which didn't bother me at all, I loved how fast paced it was; it made the time go by quick and the shifts were more than bearable. It helped me deal with rude customers and how to keep up with inventory.
Pros
Long lunch and quick work day
Cons
Closing late
Great place to work if you are there to work
Project Coordinator & Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2018
Don't pay attention to the media with regards to BP. As an employee it is a great company to work for. Proof is in the fact that the negative press has not diminished BP's efforts to be the best. Employees are truly the most important asset the company has and they know it. The key to succeeding at BP is to constantly learn, grow and connect.
Pros
Development is encouranged and supported, learning opportunities, team building, access to greatness
Cons
The outside world might question someone's choice about working for a global company
Great boss, but some real downsides.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, WIJune 26, 2018
I absolutly loved kevin as a boss! But there was no set breaks, no time off for lunch, and no discounts. This all sucked because your standing for 8+ hours on concrete and trying to eat between rushes or on down time is hard and if your not going to give off time lunch then you should atleast give us a discount.
Cons
No breaks, no lunch, no discount
ortalama
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 26, 2018
ne oldurur ne de surundurur. sirf 50 karakter dolsun diye son cumleyi yaziyorum
Lots of professional staffs and good managment
Sr. Project Cost Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
I worked with lots of engineers on the projects, they are very professional and helpful. During the year I worked at BP, company had a great and positive culture, good management, until Macondo accident happened, company lost lots of great people, management style changed (unqualified people replaced some management positions due to loss of good professional people). Alternately, company culture changed.
Friendly and collegiate Team and very supportive
Khazzan Field - Senior Site Project Manager (Former Employee) –  KhazzanJune 24, 2018
Creative Team that was open for suggestions and responsive to proposals for streamlining work processes. Did not differentiate between "Staff" or "Contractor" statuses.
Work Place Full of Opportunity
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 22, 2018
Safety was a huge priority
Fellow coworkers were always pleasant to work with
Great company to work for and learn a lot from
The job offered plenty of challenges to constantly learn more
A great place to work and develop
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
BP offers may opportunities for growth. The training offered is world class. Positions can be demanding and competitive. The rewards for job well done are satisfying.
Pros
Great training opportunities
Cons
Work can be demanding
Generous Employer
Product and Offer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, Illinois, USAJune 18, 2018
For corporate office, good work culture and work/life balance. Lots of opportunity for development and always interesting work environment. Management made effort to listen to employees.
the job gets slow in the winter
WORK AS A CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 17, 2018
it ok too work there you meet everyone you know in the community and that could be a downfall personally, I was able to walk to work from my house which was a good thing about working there
Pros
you know everyone in the community
Cons
I was able to walk 6 mintues to work
BP sales engineer intern
Sales Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2018
a typical day at work starts with checking emails for potential clients and maintained clientele. we then go through meetings to start our goals for the day and target the places we need to invest in. the management and workplace culture of BP is one of the best and they provide you the energy needed to push you through your very best and i thoroughly enjoy my part of the job as a sales engineer.
Pros
free food, medical insurance, dental, vision, etc.
Cons
commission
Productive work Place
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 14, 2018
I was inbetweeen jobs and a friend who worked here said he could get me a job. So i out an app in and got the job how ever it was about a 20 minute drive out of town. There were too many incidents on the highway that lead me quitting there. I 380 is a dangerous highway simply because of other drivers.
Ambiente de trabajo respetuoso
EH&S Auditor and Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2018
BP valora sobre todo la seguridad; por lo tanto, mi labor era muy apreciada.
Pros
Seguro de gastos médicos mayores.
Cons
El auto que me daban no era último modelo.