BP Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Featured review
BP selected this as a representative review
Very good work environment
I loved to work at BP. It was one of the best work environments I have worked at. My team and other coworkers were extremely supportive and we reached a high level of productivity through excellent collaboration.
Leading E&P company with unlimited opportunities
Careers here are what you make of it. Put in the effort, learn, and grow. The company offers all types of employment opportunities in many fields and promotes a culture of diversity and inclusion for all.
Senior \ Executive management is extremely WHITE.
BP has challenges understanding the meaning of diversity and inclusion. They promote white women to join their white men in efforts to consider themselves inclusive. People of color are rarely considered for Senior and executive positions. I highly encourage African Americans to seek employment elsewhere. Most are not promoted so they leave for more inclusive companies.
Pros
Great place to work if you are a white woman or white man. Good pay and benefits.
Cons
A thick glass ceiling for people of color.
Bad management
Did not have a pleasant exeprience other than good pay.
BP seems to put the wrong people on management jobs, at least in IT. Non-inclusive environment, all indians, at least in the organization where i worked.
Great place to earn your wings and prove yourself
I had a great time at BP for most of my career. I met with and managed some rather large groups to help ensure successful delivery of critical business applications across the commodity spectrum
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great work place.
The 90/80 schedule was really a plus along with the positive work environment. There is much to learn in the business and there were tons of resources to help you succeed.
Great company to work for
BP is a great company to work for. You will have many opportunities to grow and advance. It is best to find a stream you like and stick with it. Examples are Upstream (oil and gas exploration and production), Downstream (pipelines, refining, retail) and Trading (oil and gas trading).
Pros
Growth, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Advancement methodology changes between depth and breadth.
The best company to work for
It was a very enjoyable company that provided me the incentive to become successful not only within the company but as a human being as well. It provided me the opportunity to become a leader, as a very tech savvy, business savvy and it made me strive for progress not perfection through customer satisfaction and business purposes that yielded a lot of ROI within the company.
New Team HR
BP is an excellent employer who will give to you if you are willing to give it to them. They have excellent employee relations, benefits, and flexibility.
Great Company
Great company to work for, if you get the right manager. There are several managers who follow the BP management methodology and then there are the rogue managers who do not follow BP's style.
Weak management
Just look at explosion in Gulf of Mexico and explosion at Texas City refinery. Then you understand culture of safety and management. Cash vs safety, cash is king.... BP is weak on safety. Poor diversity
Productive and fun place to work
Worked with a variety of individuals that collectively brought a lot to the team. The company is very family friendly and accommodating. Peers are often easy to get along with and work with.
Great Company, Great Work Environment, BIG Corporation
It is a great company and has a great workplace culture. Good work life balance. Facilities are top notch. Only negatives - it is BIG Corporation and UK runs many parts of the business.
Good work and life balance
Streamlined IT processes. Mature PMO alongwith well established architecture team. ARchitecture modeled on TOGAF and customized. Good work and life balance.
Productive Environment but Bureaucratic Company
I enjoyed the day to day challenges at work when working at BP. You had very equipped leaders in some areas that were pragmatic. My colleges were some of the best. However, the company was very bureaucratic and often times the simplest tasks were made very complicated.
Downsizing
Company is shrinking and no opportunities for advancement. Each year the work force is being made redundant. Work life balance is talked about not managed actively by management.
Safe and a productive work environment
Safe, efficient, and delivery the plan. Work as one team, locality too the process, accountability. Live by the core value and follows the process and procedures.
Perfect mix of life/work balance
BP has great work balance.
They embrace the agile method of working.

BP cares for their employees and their well-being

Slowly embracing new and emerging technologies as mindshifts take place
Okay Workplace
BP is a financially strong company but culturally there needs a lot of change to be inclusive. The company is global but the mindset needs to be global that encourages diversity of ethnicity and culture across the ranks of the organization.
Very good work life balance
Very good place to work that keeps a positive working environment even in stressful situations. I would recommend the company to any applicants. Great campus.
Great place to work. There's a gym onsite, a medical center, a cafeteria, and much more.
The culture of BP is one that supports it's employees and their families. BP is big on safety and giving back to the community. I appreciated the flexible work schedules and the ability to work from home when I needed to. I would definitely recommend BP as a place to work.
1.4K
1.1K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at BP.