BP Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Featured review
BP selected this as a representative review
Very good work environment
I loved to work at BP. It was one of the best work environments I have worked at. My team and other coworkers were extremely supportive and we reached a high level of productivity through excellent collaboration.
Downsizing
Company is shrinking and no opportunities for advancement. Each year the work force is being made redundant. Work life balance is talked about not managed actively by management.
Safe and a productive work environment
Safe, efficient, and delivery the plan. Work as one team, locality too the process, accountability. Live by the core value and follows the process and procedures.
Perfect mix of life/work balance
BP has great work balance.
They embrace the agile method of working.

BP cares for their employees and their well-being

Slowly embracing new and emerging technologies as mindshifts take place
Okay Workplace
BP is a financially strong company but culturally there needs a lot of change to be inclusive. The company is global but the mindset needs to be global that encourages diversity of ethnicity and culture across the ranks of the organization.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Very good work life balance
Very good place to work that keeps a positive working environment even in stressful situations. I would recommend the company to any applicants. Great campus.
Great place to work. There's a gym onsite, a medical center, a cafeteria, and much more.
The culture of BP is one that supports it's employees and their families. BP is big on safety and giving back to the community. I appreciated the flexible work schedules and the ability to work from home when I needed to. I would definitely recommend BP as a place to work.
A Good team work
As we all know British petroleum is one of the major oil companies in the USA, It migrating all the on-premises infrastructure to cloud. The team in Bp is always supportive and friendly.
Was excited to energy trading business
Enjoyed working in Energy trading data warehousing & reporting. Excited to build DOA administration application for global deployment and developed data model for Credit risk management. The most enjoyable part work is building business critical applications that provide value to the business
Nice place to work
I loved BP so much, I remained in constant contact with my ex-co workers. I was a contractor through IBM, and IBM actually governed all the rules of compensation, so I'm not putting this on BP. IBM refused to allow even necessary overtime, and pay raises were out of the question. But for my time there, my manager made the culture quite comfortable for me, expressed/extended confidence in me, and because of that, I actually enjoyed working there. I think that had I at least gotten a small raise--considering all that I contributed, I'd have never left. 5 stars for BP, 1 Star for IBM being so unfair with the compensation
Great Company, excellent benifits. Too many changes and poor leadrship.
BP is a great company to work, the level knowledge gain working here is above and beyond. Work-life balance very good.
Unfortunately due to business decisions of cost optimization all corporate / operational functions are being relocated out of the US which is causing a lot o layoff. Poor leadership notice during the transition process.
Horrible place to work
I can only speak for the area of Learning Operations. If you were not part of a click, you were screwed. They were very unprofessional and treated people horribly.
Excellent place to work
I was hired as a Records Clerk for a short assignment, but it turned into a long-term assignment. I'm grateful for that opportunity that they gave me.
Great company to work for!
Good company to work for! Great benefits
The environment to work and grow is really great...there will travels and fun place to work. Coworkers are really helpful
Good place to work. Good work life balance. Lack of career development options.
Good place to work. Good work life balance. Lack of career development options. No clear strategy for the next 3 to 5 years, very focused on short term fire fight actions.
Great Pay, Culture and Benefits!!!
I could have retired at BP if it weren't for one bad manager they refuse to fire. He has continuously harassed many employees on his team and the company refuses to do anything about it. BP talks about "Speak Up" culture but turns a blind eye when something like this happens. Other than that, the pay and benefits are amazing and overall a great place to work.
Good company, great work / life balance & Benefits
BP is a great company to work for. They take care of their employees and have a great culture. In some areas they do value relationships over capabilities so it is important to develop and maintain relationships within the company.
Great place to work. The employees and manager are extremely approachable and helpful. The work culture is relaxed and conducive to high performance. I would recommend BP to everyone.
BP have entered a new era in work management, they have seen the benefits of people working from home and actively encourage it.
I personally enjoy the team ethic, working together, solving problems and issues as a team, this engenders team spirit and the project as a whole benefits from it.
Pros
Close proximity to home, great team spirit, a real diversity of engineering with a plethora of experience, which they are willing to share.
Cons
Not had a pay rise in 4 years
Contract work
I did contract work, the management of the contract team had an unreasonable expectation of people under him. He wasn't married nor had kids, so he expected everyone to work 24/7. I was even threatened of being fired when I had to leave to take my son from school to the ER due to an accident on an icy day. It's been years, I am not even sure the Contracted company works under BP anymore.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Lots of overtime, no time for family
Decent work environment
Very cut throat work environment. Must be willing to go above and beyond in order to be rewarded. Management doesn't usually listen to employees opinions.
1.5K
1.1K
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight