BP Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Featured review
BP selected this as a representative review
Very good work environment
I loved to work at BP. It was one of the best work environments I have worked at. My team and other coworkers were extremely supportive and we reached a high level of productivity through excellent collaboration.
nothinh
culture is good, work life balance is great, promotions suck , very hierarchical environment , agile at times, management has an open door policy but never really takes actions
Was a good position while I had it
Environment was friendly and team oriented. Kept me busy. Enjoyable position to have. There was a variety of opportunities for advancement. Ability to work from home if needed or so desired.
Pros
Variety of opportunities
Cons
company wide lay offs
Professional work environment.
Professional work environment. Management in most areas are courteous but to the point on direction for the project. Hardest part of the job is wondering how long you will have a job.
Pros
Great health benefits and retirement for their employees. Onsite gyms and physical activities.
Cons
Independent contractors used instead of hiring them as employees.
Okay
BP provides a decent work life balance, but the culture is changing. Benefits are great. Compensation is good, but could be better. Overall good company, but could be better.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Excellent company to work for
This company is a great company to work for. They pay good and bend over backward to make sure their employees are happy. I really liked the pro-active attitude they had to make all employees happy.
Great company with an agile working enviornment
A relaxed work culture that believes in work life balance. They achieve a seamless working relationship to connect everyone globally. Diversity and inclusion is a high priority.
Pros
Onsite wellness center and gym
BP supports its Employees
BP always supported the growth of its employees. Pay and benefits are excellent. BP valued employees input. BP allowed folks to grow. Work life balance was constantly being looked at for areas by which it could be improved.
I really enjoyed working for BP, the people and the opportunities where great. I was able to broaden my experience and skills while I was working at BP.
Great placer
Very great environment. great employees. Very big on safety and due diligence. Great benefits,. great production. Great customer relations and people are all treated the same.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks, health care
Good Company to Excel!
good work structure and career advance incentive.
A typical day includes a meeting review, reply emails, contact clients and contractors.pay invoices, get invoice approvals, load data from SAP, the hardest part is the workload..it never ends. the amount of invoices uploaded every hour is insane but you get used to it after a while
Pros
lots of perks
Cons
you are constantly competing with your colleagues to prove your worth
good place to work
good place to work good. i already gave you my review i don't appreciate having to give you one hundred and fifty characters just to be able to move on from this page
Great place to work.
BP takes care of its employees and community. I spent 15 years working at BP, I enjoyed the family activities BP would have throughout the year. Highly recommend this company to anyone wanting to work in the Oil & Gas Industry.
Pros
Community Involved
Cons
Parking garage was full very early
Great
Its an adventure. Every day there is a new thing that will greet you. There is always a new initiative. Good equipment. Good color scheme. Good everything.
Pros
The international character
Cons
Great place to work with good benefits and comfortable pay and flex hours.
Retired from BP after 35 years of working there. Co-workers and supervisors were like family to me. Great atmosphere. Had a well balanced job and work life there. I had the oportunity to travel, take classes, train new hires, worked closely with other departments. Learned everything I know about Oil and Gas at this job.
Pros
Benefits, flex hours, pay
SME Contracts Professional
20+ years of Global Experience Developing Contract Models and Negotiating Contracts in a wide variety of industries: Upstream, Downstream, Midstream, Environmental Consulting Services, Oil Spill Response, Decommissioning/Demolition Services, Major Construction, Chemicals, Polymer Manufacturing, Combustion Turbines and Electrical & Instrumentation.
Great co-workers, fantastic benefits, terrible management
While I appreciate the working force culture that BP has in place, it has big structural problems.

There are constant re-organizations and layoffs. This results in constantly changing processes that no one understands. You spend so much time just fighting through bureaucracy that there's not much time left for doing your actual job.

Training and development opportunities are alright for new college grads, but as a 5+ year employee there are no deeper technical training opportunities available outside of the narrow silo that the company wants to keep you in.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, no fears of "cut throat" practices
Cons
Difficult to get anything done, and to be given opportunities to challenge yourself and develop
Fun Place working
Good supply chain staff and management. Fun to work and slightly stressful when you have new deployments. I have been working here for over 3-4 months and I do not have anything bad to tell.
Good Support
Good Support
Good management team

Good guidance

team and support

Positive work place and professionally implemented of policies

policies clear and well presented
Work Hard and Earn Hard
Gave Chance to explore more to advancement in career. The WorkPlace and management are good enough to support us. It helped me to learn new ways for advancement.
BP Experience & Work Balance
The climate at BP was very relaxed for the most part and co workers shared knowledge and the company provided classes for job improvement. The benefits were in my opinion excellent.
Pros
Employee atmosphere freindly 9/80 work schedule
Cons
Telecomute not allowed
1.4K
1.1K
Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

52%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

42%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.