BP Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Featured review
BP selected this as a representative review
Very good work environment
I loved to work at BP. It was one of the best work environments I have worked at. My team and other coworkers were extremely supportive and we reached a high level of productivity through excellent collaboration.
Too much process, not enough productive work
Due to the many accidents, BP has become a process driven company. Work has become centered around process reviews and less about constructive, revenue generating work.
flexible, nurturing work environment
Great place to work. Flexibility encouraged and valued. Many benefits. Methods to simplify and increase efficiency were often rushed and had the opposite result.
L48 vs bp
In time the CEO for the L48 spinoff will drive the onshore business into the ground like his other failures, Chesapeake and Sandridge. It is ALL about profit and nothing about people or doing the right thing.
Dishonest, back-stabbing work environment
Worst place I ever worked. The corporate culture is backstabbing and mean, with everything being run from London....very little autonomy. No former employees of BP were surprised at the Deepwater Horizon accident, the company cut any corners it can. Just stay away.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Without a doubt, being a part of the gulf coast restoration effort after Deepwater Horizon and also helping the company rebuild itself in the US after the accident.
Technical growth
The client was demanding and providing real time solution using SAP OOPs and we were given exposure to workflow and other technically challenging areas.
Much has changed but still a great place to work!
A typical work day was very busy, but the atmosphere was a relaxed, friendly and productive. I learned how to be a collaborative team player and much about operations. For the most part, leadership was sharp and productive. Workplace culture is relaxed, but very busy. Hardest part of the job was just trying to keep up with two roles once the company had reduced staff it was a challenge but just I am grateful that I was in that space and able to get it done! The most enjoyable part of the job was being surrounded by such dedicated and smart colleagues who encouraged, supported and helped you,
Pros
Great, smart people
Cons
Stressful (Lower48)
Good
Great Group of people to work with. Several projects to play a part of. Great learning experience for me with various forms of software. Great lace to learn corporate structure.
Very Unorganized
I had to work at a different location from my peers , however my Team Lead was pleasant and answered all my questions. I was assured that I would be permanently hired on. I was not hired on after the project. Which lead to me being hired on with Chevron.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
no communication
Great Benefits but poor management of change
BP has been under a lot of changes in the last few years. They have a lot more changes to complete before I would really recommend it in the top work cultures. The constant changing makes it difficult for technicians to be confident with task. Managers from Mechanical background, supervising Electrical and Instrumentation Tech is epic fail.
Big Company with Good Benefits
BP provided excellent salary and benefits to their employees. Corporate Bureaucracy was strangling at times and I had an innumerable amount of meetings. The culture was team oriented and with very positive messaging. Non merit based affirmative action was rampant; especially at the lower levels of the company.
Pros
Great Salary and Benefits; Team Oriented Culture
Cons
Strangling Bureaucracy; Over emphasis on affirmative action
Productive & Collaborative Workplace
On average BP is a flexible workplace and have done a good job of selecting personnel which understand the value of time management. The culture is formal in the sense of business behaviors but yet has a certain ease and team feel when working within most groups.The most enjoyable part of my job were the people. There is opportunity for growth but the process is slow due to available opportunities.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Too many levels of senior approval on basic job activities
Great Company to work for
BP is an international company that has, over the years, groomed many entry level employees for management. They have provided (actually required much of this) opportunities to be trained in areas that allowed for advancement. They allowed a flexible work schedule within the guidelines of the different departments. There were many amenities on campus (cafeteria, coffee shops, wellness medical center, childcare center, gym/fitness center, walking paths) which were available to all employees and contractors. The compensation programs, vacation guidelines and bonus structures made for an excellent employment package.
Pros
Employment guidelines, attention to safety
Cons
Oil and gas industry, subject to economy downturns.
Lots of professional staffs and good managment
I worked with lots of engineers on the projects, they are very professional and helpful. During the year I worked at BP, company had a great and positive culture, good management, until Macondo accident happened, company lost lots of great people, management style changed (unqualified people replaced some management positions due to loss of good professional people). Alternately, company culture changed.
They weren’t bad
Easy work by the book. The safety program was overdone causing less compliance with regulations. There is some cutthroat type behavior depending on which assest you’re part of.
BP sales engineer intern
a typical day at work starts with checking emails for potential clients and maintained clientele. we then go through meetings to start our goals for the day and target the places we need to invest in. the management and workplace culture of BP is one of the best and they provide you the energy needed to push you through your very best and i thoroughly enjoy my part of the job as a sales engineer.
Pros
free food, medical insurance, dental, vision, etc.
Cons
commission
Ambiente de trabajo respetuoso
BP valora sobre todo la seguridad; por lo tanto, mi labor era muy apreciada.
Pros
Seguro de gastos médicos mayores.
Cons
El auto que me daban no era último modelo.
No job security
Yearly re-org. Does not matter how hard you work or how much you contribute, if you do not get on the right side of upper management, you'll probably get cut sooner or later based on headcount.
Benefits
Cons
Bad management
Great company to work for!
Truly an amazing company that takes care of its people. BP is innovative in progressing with technology and strenthening skill sets along the way. Management genuinely invests in the contribution to a healthy work/life balance, and they ensure that execution of such is met.
All around Professional
I loved this short term opportunity. I answered the phones, assisted with travel itineraries, took pictures of famous Olympic medalist with BP employees, assisted in the athlete agreements, filed, order goods for my department, heavy mailing and shipping.
Pros
Meeting former Olympians, and being around professional people
Cons
The opportunity was only short-term.
1.4K
1.1K
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight