BP Employee Reviews for Engineer

Featured review
BP selected this as a representative review
Very good work environment
I loved to work at BP. It was one of the best work environments I have worked at. My team and other coworkers were extremely supportive and we reached a high level of productivity through excellent collaboration.
Senior \ Executive management is extremely WHITE.
BP has challenges understanding the meaning of diversity and inclusion. They promote white women to join their white men in efforts to consider themselves inclusive. People of color are rarely considered for Senior and executive positions. I highly encourage African Americans to seek employment elsewhere. Most are not promoted so they leave for more inclusive companies.
Pros
Great place to work if you are a white woman or white man. Good pay and benefits.
Cons
A thick glass ceiling for people of color.
Great
Its an adventure. Every day there is a new thing that will greet you. There is always a new initiative. Good equipment. Good color scheme. Good everything.
Pros
The international character
family oriented
As a Process Engineer, had access to review process data from home, as well as office.
In the morning I would review the process data for day and day before, checked the emails, and calendar for meeting and due dates for various reports.

Work on testing, results, going to the unit, checked with operators, checked the equipment, see if the process needed any adjustments, listen to any new ideas, or complaints from the operators to take to the upper managements.

Attended any meeting, follow-up with any action items, get feed-back to the management or operators.

Plan for next day and long term projects and reports.
Pros
free lunches, vaccination, nice employees parties
Cons
real feed-back from management
Good company to work as a Co-Op student
I worked for BP Chemicals over the course of 4 different semesters in college. This was very good experience for a young engineer as I was able to see what it would be like to work as a full time process and project engineer at a Chemical Plant
Pros
Large Variety of Work Experience, good pay
Cons
Limited Oppurtunities for full time positions relative to the number of co-op students
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
It is a good place to work. A lot of experienced engineers working there.
A good place to work. Many opportunities for leaning from extremely experienced engineers. Also worked in a multi-discipline team.
OK place
Flexible, pays well, opportunities to move up very limited unless you know someone in UK who sits in the leadership team.
Great company
The best company for technical standards. Great people and friends. Care for people standards and respect are solids.
Pros
Solids - Black and white - no too many grey zones
Cons
Not too stable anymore
Overall a great place and a great company.
Great benefits and company culture. Still a good old boys club for advancement but that is somewhat expected from an Oil company, unfortunately a plant shut down terminated my employment
Pros
Benefits, salary, management support
Cons
Management decisions, favoritism
1.4K
1.1K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at BP.
BP Reviews by Location