BP Employee Reviews for Manager

Featured review
BP selected this as a representative review
Very good work environment
I loved to work at BP. It was one of the best work environments I have worked at. My team and other coworkers were extremely supportive and we reached a high level of productivity through excellent collaboration.
Its a big oil company so it's typical of big oil
There are good and not so good leaders in BP just as in any large company. Most try to do their best and help the company succeed. BP compensates very well so that helps and they are trying hard to promote more female leaders.
Jobs going offshore
Cost cutting is out of control. People are not getting the opportunity to grow with jobs going overseas. People deserve better options to develop their careers. Millennials will not stay.
I’m ready to start working
I’m thankful if I get the opportunity to work there, I been working at the Gasstation the last 10 years so I have good experience, I’m ready to do my responsibilities and work
Downsizing
Company is shrinking and no opportunities for advancement. Each year the work force is being made redundant. Work life balance is talked about not managed actively by management.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
great place to work
great place to work. Enjoy my experience. Met great people as customers. Everyday was different. Teriffic owner and great manager. Clean store. Worked tons of .
Very busy and easy job
Staff members were friendly as well as customers. Sometimes I would work well over 12 hours with no breaks or a relief. Bosses never helped out and I had to handle all aspects of the business on my own
Pros
Good Gas
Cons
No breaks and your the only one working
productive
Waiting on customers, checking in vendors, putting orders way, keeping the store clean and neat. Talking with customers and other employees.Management was great.
Pros
customers
i loved my job there i wish they didnt close
i want to go back here but unfornaly they closed down and sold the stores i need a job like this again i need to apply for more i miss working there..
Pros
i loved this job
Cons
i loved this job
If I spent time at this, it would be a waste
If I spent time at this, it would be a waste. The company is yet another large corporate entity that cares nothing for those who supply it's labor.

It's local manager was taking money directly from checks of his employees for stolen gas and inventory incidents that they had no control over.

honestly, why am I having to waste 150 characters at this moronic company?
Good company ran by locals who are driven to success.
I worked here during my high school and college days. Good atmosphere with lost of growing possibilies to employees. Highly recommend anyone to work here.
Decent Job
The job is good for someone who needs experience in handling customers, learned how to deal with customers as a manager, the owner gave me the opportunity to succeed.
ortalama
ne oldurur ne de surundurur. sirf 50 karakter dolsun diye son cumleyi yaziyorum
It was a good place to work
I loved it at first. It done really well as a new place. Then the owner had me start working 1st and 2nd shift with no days off. I couldn't work around the clock. They are now closed.
Great organization
Wonderful company, however after they sold all of their retail facilities my position was gone. Over all the company did take care of their employees and promoted from within.
see below
many challenges where faced during the day. I managed a gas station, so safety and customer service where extremely important all the time. This position was also a 24-7 job.i was also responsible for large amounts of money every day.this was a chalnage.
Pros
job advancement
Cons
handling large amounts of money
No longer in business
bp North America no longer operates US operations, All of the sites are now individually operated. Very few of these locations hire people outside of their family or offer any type of benefit package that would be standard in the workplace today.
the things you see at a local gas staion would amaze you.
well I was the manager there and was in charge of ordering inventory, counting down the till, writing people up, hiring, firing, schedules. had to operate a carwash also.
Pros
health care, dental
Cons
the general manager wasnt the best
The BP Cherry Point Project was short lived. As several engineering firms bid on this job. However, my organization did not get the job.
The BP Cherry Point Project was unique, as several engineering companies bid on the job. And were required to utilize the client electronic document management system. This was a unique approach to managing documents. It was a learning experience, however I did not get to fully use the system as my company lost the bid.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I loved my job there
This job is trying at times but was very much worth it. I enjoyed working with the customer and learning what their needs always were. The weekends off was always the best bonus of the job!
Nice place to work at one time.
Was a great place until new owners took over. New owners don't have a clue about the business. That made it hard for me to do my job. I was in charge of opening every morning. Hardest part of job was finding honest people that wanted to work.
Pros
working with the public great customers
1.5K
1.1K
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight