bp
72Above average

bp Employee Reviews

Found 2,220 reviews matching the search
Featured review
bp selected this as a representative review
I loved to work at BP. It was one of the best work environments I have worked at. My team and other coworkers were extremely supportive and we reached a high level of productivity through excellent collaboration.
I loved working there. Great people and pay! Management was flexible and understanding and the owner is great. The store is clean and organized and very well run.
Pros
Pay
Good pay and benefits. Long hours 24/7/365 operation.90% boredom 10%chaos. When unit is running its great. Unit upset/start up/ shut downs can be chaotic and very stressful. Coworkers make all the difference.
Pros
Great Pay and Benifits
Cons
12hr shift work
Moved to various locations and was happy with the challenges and opportunities. Struggled with a slowly diminishing support functions though. Overall a good experience.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
fixed cost focus hurts safety and productivity
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I work about 9.5 hours a day. I get n ok breaks or lunch. They don't give raises unless you can get into management. No benefits. You would have to pay for your own health coverage. They normally start people out about 8-8.50 an hour and don't give raises.
Cons
No breaks or lunch
bp currently has the feel of an old company. Most people have been at the company their entire careers and they even still have a pension program. However, company is going through a major reorg after the 2020 oil crash and CEO change. I have a feeling a lot of these old company benefits will go away and it'll become like all the other companies in most industries. Still overall good place and people are really nice. Hours aren't too bad.
Pros
compensation, culture, flexibility, low stress
Cons
shrinking industry, reorg's, antiquated systems and processes
When they recognized I was a good candidate for promotion they moved quickly. Higher ups were supportive of the opportunity did not try to hold anyone back to keep their team strong.
Pros
Promotions
Cons
Schedule
good company to work for. management is not very efficient. like to have more responsibilities and progress in my career. high turnover and no room for advancement.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management
Great foundation for beginning career out. Management was the opposite of micromanaging. Easy place for collaboration while at the same time, for independent study.
I was charged with several projects, maintaining field measurement equipment, field automation and SCADA operations and as long as issues were resolved within a respectable amount of time there was no problems.
Pros
Family was always first
Cons
management was always changing
Loved working with all the customers, working night shifts I was the only person at the station. Operated the cash register, stocked shelves and cleaned inside and outside.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
No healthcare
I loved the 4 day work week and the great training and support I received. The pay was fair and the benefits were good. The company picnic can't be beat.
Always something to be accomplished, the owner was a smart cultured individual who was willing teach his knowledge about business and finances about the gas station
Pros
Busy work environment
Cons
To busy for lunch or breaks
Working at BP was a pleasure. The Company was great to work for and the culture was supportive and good to work in - I really enjoyed working there until the company downsized
Pros
Wonderful culture -and clean offices
Cons
None I can think of
Was very well looked after at work, no issues with BP, well organised and dedicated professional who were there to help and advise on any subject any time of the day
Pros
Everything at work was free
Cons
I don’t have good experience whit BP company an the owner of gas station I like to work in friendly place and happy environment I hope I can fine my job soon
My job is a good job. I enjoy going to my job, because I get to meet all kinds of people. I have many customers while I work on my shift. Most of them are very nice and I have come to know many of them by name. My time is spent in a gas station booth, so it is very tiny. I have become used to this environment even though I am in a small enclosure. I really enjoy the people that I work with and have build many good relationships with them. My work environment is not stressful, it is very manageable to me. I have a good attitude towards my customers and try to get along with all people.
Pros
Meet new people, Air Conditioner, Heating, Safe environment
Cons
Small Space, When equipment malfunctions
Working several projects at a time.Learned how to interface with multiple positions of authority in a positive and productive manner.Project management Teams averaged a 3oo5 rating.Workplace culture was interesting in a remote arctic environment
Pros
Living in a remote location and good food and seasonal wildlife
Cons
Organizational and work practice changes, Poor roll out of changes, Severe weather conditions
I enjoyed my Boss and fellow employees and dealing with the customers. I took pride in my work ethic and abilities. The hours were flexible when needed and I worked my tail off to prove my worth.
Pros
Free food and pop
Cons
Overnight hours could get boring
Working at BP was fine. It was hard to be a valued employee in a job that was very run-of-the-mill. I felt safe and advocated for most of the time. I was known by name in my location, and that was good enough for me.
The manager only gives you days even if planned months in advance if it fits her schedule; meaning she doesn’t have to come in. They didn’t have prices for more than half the things in the store you would have to look them up or go look on the system, but then wanted you to try to “up sell” and say you were in sales. You had to take your break as soon as u got there because you work alone , you close alone and it’s dark and bad things could easily happen. Snow rain or storm you have to get on top of a ladder and clean the pumps which I’m sorry it’s dangerous at night with no one else there with you. It’s very unprofessional even from manager up. They only care about sales, they do nothing to help locally, over charge for gas to cigarettes. I had nothing but complaints from loyal customers. I would NEVER work nor spend money at BP period!
  1. Employee Reviews