bp
Happiness rating is 72 out of 100

bp Pay & Benefits reviews

BP corporate has spent the last 10 years pulling anyone with any local stake in the business out of Whiting. It has resulted in a decline in employee spirit an increase in turnover.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Hours, environmental exposures
When I was there it was a great place place to work. Great company and place group of people. Many have left since and I have heard it is more stressful now.
Pros
Great employer, great pay and benefits
Cons
Changing dynamics with a lot of reductions in staff
Productive and fun company to work with. The management is great and efficient. Benefits are great including generous annual merit increase and quarterly bonus.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Stressful sometime
Great company culture and real value placed on people. Good place to build a long term career but growth can be limited based on which organization you are in. Good work/life balance and great benefits
It's like working for the 'good ol' boys'. You will never be considered a team member. They're kinda decent at faking like you are, though. It's boring and offers nothing for your life besides a weak paycheck.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
The job sucks. First, you get paid under the table which is fine cause no taxes are taking out of your check but sucks if your trying to file taxes. Second, the management at the BP I worked at was horrible.
Wonderful place to work. Friendly owners & management. Fair pay. The work isn't too physically hard. Just run the cash register, stock the store when you have a chance, & help keep it clean. Definitely not a bad place to be employed!
Pros
Laid-back. Fair pay. Good management.
Good pay and benefits. Long hours 24/7/365 operation.90% boredom 10%chaos. When unit is running its great. Unit upset/start up/ shut downs can be chaotic and very stressful. Coworkers make all the difference.
Pros
Great Pay and Benifits
Cons
12hr shift work
I work about 9.5 hours a day. I get n ok breaks or lunch. They don't give raises unless you can get into management. No benefits. You would have to pay for your own health coverage. They normally start people out about 8-8.50 an hour and don't give raises.
Cons
No breaks or lunch
bp currently has the feel of an old company. Most people have been at the company their entire careers and they even still have a pension program. However, company is going through a major reorg after the 2020 oil crash and CEO change. I have a feeling a lot of these old company benefits will go away and it'll become like all the other companies in most industries. Still overall good place and people are really nice. Hours aren't too bad.
Pros
compensation, culture, flexibility, low stress
Cons
shrinking industry, reorg's, antiquated systems and processes
I loved the 4 day work week and the great training and support I received. The pay was fair and the benefits were good. The company picnic can't be beat.
I enjoyed my Boss and fellow employees and dealing with the customers. I took pride in my work ethic and abilities. The hours were flexible when needed and I worked my tail off to prove my worth.
Pros
Free food and pop
Cons
Overnight hours could get boring
Work for BP for many years, before being forced out by the bullying behaviour of line manager and HR.The company claims that there is a “speak up culture” with no reprisal. BP puts a lot of emphasis is put on honest conversations and diversity. This is all talk with no action.I suffered several years of bullying and discrimination. When I raised this with my line manager i was promised change and support - however, nothing happened. When I finally had a break down as a result again the only action taken was against myself.I finally asked to leave and they made me sign a massive confidentiality agreement and agree to a lot of ongoing obligations. I did not receive appropriate compensation for this. The company is not a nice environment. If they believe in honestly let people talk about their experiences at BP. It will support the change the culture needs.
Pros
Some very good professional people
Cons
All talk and no action
Very good company. Long house but it adveuntly pains of so its worth it in the long run. I worked there for over 2 years and enjoyed most of my work there
The main benefit of working at BP is the camaraderie amongst colleagues. I worked in a subsurface technical discipline in the UK, and the colleagues are not only technically skilled but (usually!) excellent colleagues too. The downside - the corporate overheads, as expected of any company this size. I had nothing but poor interactions with HR when it came to job advancement or changing roles, particularly in the past few years where everything has gone through the internal job board. Talented people are regularly overlooked for roles that would benefit both them and the company and it has become more about ability to BS and network. I would work for BP again, but HR/corporate has a lot to improve on.
Pros
Free lunch - in the UK!, good compensation
Cons
Management / corporate culture
Good hours with good pay, if you dont mind working alone till shift change. Pretty easy once you learn the trucker machinea, everything else is self explanatory
The Denver office has a family friendly culture and events. Opportunities to grow vary by department. People are mostly friendly. They have a 9/80 work schedule which is really nice.
Pros
Family friendly, good benefits and salary
Cons
Oil and gas downturns
I worked at BP as a college job for gas money and I would Definitely recommend it for that purpose. It's a good place to work when all you really have to pay for is gas money to and from where you go.
This was just a job to pay the bills.No benefits. My previous job was assembling hot air dryers.It entailed reading prints and using a variety of hand and power tools.Building and wiring from start to fin8sh.
After working for nearly a decade at BP, holding a variety of roles in various departments, I experienced great joy and great disappointment. My biggest takeaway is that your manager (or the leadership of your department) can pave the way to either your success, stagnation or demise. Change was constant the entire time I was there and during some of the hardest times (oil spill era), I had phenomenal leaders who fostered my progress and growth. Yet, as the company began downsizing, I encountered 'managers' who had no backbone or clue on how to grow or represent their employees' capabilities. I was extremely loyal to the company and believed in their values, because the majority of staff embodied them. However, it only takes one or two 'difficult' clashes to put you outside of the cliques and then you are managed out, demeaned and made to feel you are incompetent. Although they bring you to the team as the subject matter expert, others who have no clue about the discipline are allowed to influence decisions based on their 'feelings.' They attempt to gaslight you, and it's a known tactic they use to get people to quit instead of firing them. If you are seriously considering an offer from BP, know that it's just a 'job' not a career; you are expendable; don't miss your valuable family life for work success; negotiate your salary and benefits because they will attempt to low ball you and have you do more than the prior person did for less. Be prepared for constant change and don't be one to buck the status quo unless you have high-profile leaders that 'have your back.' It - more...
A good company to work for pay is good location is great this is a great area to live and raise a family a great workforce vast majority of fellow employees are good people and easy to work with