Babbletype

Working at Babbletype: 15 Reviews

United States15 reviews

Good for Learning, but That's About It

You can learn things here, if you are very new to transcribing, but due to low pay and other cons, its probably not worth your time. They pay lower than any other transcribing company I've found, but they do hire new people, so it's a way to get some experience.

Pros

-Can work from home -Can set your own schedule

Cons

Low pay, same pay for harder work, poor communication, misleading statements made when hiring, proofreaders who find "errors" that turn out not to be wrong at all, rudeness from proofreaders and other management

Bad management, low pay

There's a huge lack of leadership and sense o purpose at this company. They expect you to do a large amount of work for little pay. My time at the company was not worth what little money they pay and the lack of management /leadership.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Very low pay for hard work, poor communication, misleading statements made when hiring, proofreaders who find "errors" that turn out not to be wrong at all, rudeness from proofreaders and other management

Babbletype insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Great learning environment and very supportive management.

Overall this is a great company to work with. As a transcriptionist it is not a job that will make someone rich, but the opportunity to constantly learn and do research and keep the mind sharp while getting paid for it is what this company offers. This is a spare time type of job for fast and accurate typists who are good listeners and grasp context of communication, also good communication with staff is key. The management in this company are awesome, very patient, kind, respectful and helpful. Payment is sent out weekly via PayPal.

Pros

Get paid while you learn something new and keep your mind sharp.

Cons

This is not a job to get rich or that will support cost of living.

Bad management, poor pay, but they leave you alone.

One of the worst management teams ever. This company is only good if you love to be totally left alone (or even ignored). Pay is less than minimum wage.

Pros

They leave you alone.

Cons

They leave you alone.

It is a company that works well with people that fits in it

BabbleType Is a company that works well with Transcribers. If you have a high typing speed you can get through a lot of projects done in a day. The pros behind this job is that it is fully remote.

Pros

Full Remote

Cons

First come first serve when it comes to projects

This company doesn't care about their workers

I worked for this company for around 6 months. There's no organization or respect for all contractors. I won't recommend this company. The manager was disrespectful and rude without a reason.

Flexible but Only Supplemental

As an independent contractor, I typed audio interviews into a shared Google .doc and sent it before the deadline for review. It was easy but enough of a challenge. I learned to type faster and learned more to pay attention to detail and accuracy. However, management could've used some people skills. I could tell they spent time behind a desk all day. I felt talked down to because I was confused and had questions. The hardest part of the job was sitting for hours on end and trying to stay up at night to meet the deadline, but at least it wasn't during the day where the typical person would have other obligations. Even for an independent contractor job, it's very stressful. You just sit in a chair isolated but that actually adds to workload because some people need to be moving or want exercise, so I think it should pay more and there are transcription jobs that pay more. However, it was great for learning a new skill and gaining job experience when I started virtually with none. If you don't have your own ride it's great because it's remote and helps with at least a portion of your bills. If there are no jobs in your area it's great because it gives you something to do.

not cool

it is not cool at all. it is almost like a rip-off. you work long hours and the pay is trash. the make no consideration of their contractors at time,.

Do not work for this company

The most unprofessional company I have ever worked for. They look for any reason to not pay you full pay and you will work for hours and get paid very little money. Do not waste your time applying at this company.

This company seems more like a money laundering operation than an actual business. Their response will be "policy" but they will never be able to actually show you the "policy" or inform you of random seemingly daily updates to the "policy". Their response will be "mistakes happen" but in this company, mistakes always happen in Babbletype's favor, and more frequently than not. They will steal your life for a wage that will not be livable anywhere in the country, even with a roommate. Not even worth it if you just need extra money. You can get a lot more in the time for a lot less effort. Dont waste your time here.

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Babbletype?

It's a good workplace, but you have to be able to be self-disciplined and stay on task.

In this workplace, you have to be able to follow instructions and be self- disciplined. If you're able to do that without any problems, then Babbletype is the place for you.

Babbletype is great as a side job,

I initially started working for babbletype because I have a young daughter, as well as take care of my younger brother; who was shot in the head and now requires 24-hour care. I wasn't able to work a job, but i still needed some kind of income. Once I was hired, I learned that the contractor completes various available assignments and gets paid per audio minute, as opposed to an hourly wage. Basically, you are compensated for every assignment that you complete that has been approved by production. the method of payment is Paypal.

Pros

flexible

Cons

low pay

Virtual Transcription

Very easy to work with this company. Perfect for making extra income. Some of the jobs were very interesting. You never know what random subject the transcription job will be about. Some of the jobs were inaudible and took much longer to transcribe. When you are paid by the length of the audio recording, and not by the time it takes to transcribe to text, you sometimes don't make much for the time you put into it.

Pros

Work when you want to. Pick your jobs. Get paid weekly.

Cons

Paid by audio length, not by time taken to transcribe to text.

Babbletype

The QA Department nit picks the transcripts and fails you for ridiculous reasons so you don’t get paid for that job. I didn’t mind the fast turnaround time, but management was not helpful at all.

Pros

Remote, set your own hours, work experience.

Cons

Too strict, management was unhelpful

Flexibility Counts

I like being an independent contractor at Babbletype because it allows the flexibility I need to handle things at home and make an income.

Common questions about Babbletype

Answered by current and former employees at Babbletype

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Babbletype. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Babbletype with

Babbletype Reviews by Job Title

Learn about Babbletype in popular locations

• Babbletype