Babbletype

Babbletype Employee Reviews

As an independent contractor, I typed audio interviews into a shared Google .doc and sent it before the deadline for review. It was easy but enough of a challenge. I learned to type faster and learned more to pay attention to detail and accuracy. However, management could've used some people skills. I could tell they spent time behind a desk all day. I felt talked down to because I was confused and had questions. The hardest part of the job was sitting for hours on end and trying to stay up at night to meet the deadline, but at least it wasn't during the day where the typical person would have other obligations. Even for an independent contractor job, it's very stressful. You just sit in a chair isolated but that actually adds to workload because some people need to be moving or want exercise, so I think it should pay more and there are transcription jobs that pay more. However, it was great for learning a new skill and gaining job experience when I started virtually with none. If you don't have your own ride it's great because it's remote and helps with at least a portion of your bills. If there are no jobs in your area it's great because it gives you something to do.
BabbleType Is a company that works well with Transcribers. If you have a high typing speed you can get through a lot of projects done in a day. The pros behind this job is that it is fully remote.
Pros
Full Remote
Cons
First come first serve when it comes to projects
I worked for this company for around 6 months. There's no organization or respect for all contractors. I won't recommend this company. The manager was disrespectful and rude without a reason.
Easy way to earn extra money. You get to work at your own hours and your own time and pick which assignments you want to pick up. Communication within company is very efficient.
it is not cool at all. it is almost like a rip-off. you work long hours and the pay is trash. the make no consideration of their contractors at time,.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
The most unprofessional company I have ever worked for. They look for any reason to not pay you full pay and you will work for hours and get paid very little money. Do not waste your time applying at this company.
This company seems more like a money laundering operation than an actual business. Their response will be "policy" but they will never be able to actually show you the "policy" or inform you of random seemingly daily updates to the "policy". Their response will be "mistakes happen" but in this company, mistakes always happen in Babbletype's favor, and more frequently than not.
They will steal your life for a wage that will not be livable anywhere in the country, even with a roommate. Not even worth it if you just need extra money. You can get a lot more in the time for a lot less effort. Dont waste your time here.
Cons
In this workplace, you have to be able to follow instructions and be self- disciplined. If you're able to do that without any problems, then Babbletype is the place for you.
I initially started working for babbletype because I have a young daughter, as well as take care of my younger brother; who was shot in the head and now requires 24-hour care. I wasn't able to work a job, but i still needed some kind of income. Once I was hired, I learned that the contractor completes various available assignments and gets paid per audio minute, as opposed to an hourly wage. Basically, you are compensated for every assignment that you complete that has been approved by production. the method of payment is Paypal.
Pros
flexible
Cons
low pay
Very easy to work with this company. Perfect for making extra income. Some of the jobs were very interesting. You never know what random subject the transcription job will be about. Some of the jobs were inaudible and took much longer to transcribe. When you are paid by the length of the audio recording, and not by the time it takes to transcribe to text, you sometimes don't make much for the time you put into it.
Pros
Work when you want to. Pick your jobs. Get paid weekly.
Cons
Paid by audio length, not by time taken to transcribe to text.
The QA Department nit picks the transcripts and fails you for ridiculous reasons so you don’t get paid for that job. I didn’t mind the fast turnaround time, but management was not helpful at all.
Pros
Remote, set your own hours, work experience.
Cons
Too strict, management was unhelpful
I like being an independent contractor at Babbletype because it allows the flexibility I need to handle things at home and make an income.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Babbletype. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8