Babson College Employee Reviews

Every department is different
NA (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJuly 28, 2018
Good place to work as long as you get into a good department (depends on the management team at the time of entry as well). ADV and Grad are tough places to be right now.
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
Some layoffs happening over the past year, a lot of turnover making for inconsistency for a while now.
Utility Worker
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJune 3, 2018
A typical day at work can be expected to be very fast-paced and a mixture of teamwork and independent work, including managing grounds, set ups/breakdowns, dealing with unexpected emergency calls, and the overall upkeep of a higher education institution.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Changes in work schedules
Waste of money
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 14, 2018
Poor recruitment structure, currently underemployed. No focus on jobs for students, only focus is on babysitting students or pushing the vogue PC trends of the day.
Wonderfull place to work
Manager Multimedia Services (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAApril 24, 2018
Best 9 years of my life- Supportive enviroment, good managers, great benefits,. Opportunities for growth were awesome.Feedback was supported and encouraged.
Pros
People, students and culture
Cons
Parking
Favorite Job
Web Developer/Themer (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMarch 29, 2018
The Babson work environment is a good balance of academic and corporate. It is a business school so the projects tend be better defined than one would expect at a college or university.
Pros
work environment
Cons
long commute
Good first bartending job
Bartender/Server/Interim Closing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MADecember 13, 2017
Great place to learn how to bartend and work in the hospitality industry for a relative newcomer to this field. as it was only beer and wine it was a great place to dip my toes in
Pros
Free meal per shift
Cons
Long commute from my new place of residence
I love company
Salad Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAAugust 24, 2017
They are a fast paced operation.We have to tend to the students.We make sure our customers are satisfied.We exceed to make our product great and done in a timely schedule.
Pros
free lunch, Work well with each other
Cons
No advancement.
Great experience
Creativity Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJuly 17, 2017
I was able to I work in a collegial manner and ability to communicate effectively with faculty, staff and parents; experience and demonstrated success in teaching 9th – 12th grade students; mastery of creative and diverse methods of teaching, learning and assessment; engaging, innovative approach to teaching and the ability to nurture artistic expression meaningful and relevant by inspiring students in a positive, nurturing environment.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
poor pay
Great job
Manager Multimedia Services (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJuly 17, 2017
I was able towork in a collegial manner and ability to communicate effectively with faculty, staff and parents; experience and demonstrated success in teaching 9th – 12th grade students; mastery of creative and diverse methods of teaching, learning and assessment; engaging, innovative approach to teaching and the ability to nurture artistic expression meaningful and relevant by inspiring students in a positive, nurturing environment.
Pros
Good people
Cons
not really challenging work
at babson we work as a team
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJune 22, 2017
I am very busy. I have a lot of experience so I can always find
a project to do. My manager knows my skill level so he lets me
find my own projects to work on. I always try to do high quality work.
Pros
free food
Cons
I would like a bit more of a challenge.
Fun, Exciting
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMay 23, 2017
My role as a marketing and communications associate in the company helped me learn so much about how to communicate efficiently with other peers. The small team of 12 created a great work environment.
Fun place to work
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMay 5, 2017
It was fun to be a camp counselor. The kids were super fun to hangout with and Babson is a great college and all the other workers were super easy to work with
Great place to work for. Except the facilities department.
Facilities department. (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAApril 27, 2017
Babson college is a great place to work for. Except the facilities department. If you decide to work for the housekeeping department. I promise you will be over load with impossible tasks. Tons of harassment from the overnight supervisor " S/S" .this department has the biggest turnover because of him. When you file or complaint to the Human Resources department. They just fired or replace you with another victim. Please beware...
Pros
Great benefits. 401b.
Cons
No opportunitys for advancement.
Rich Learning Expereince
EVENING MBA STUDENT (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAFebruary 28, 2017
Experienced professional Faculty who are mostly working professionals. Help bring in the outside world experience in the classroom.
Support services for career development
Great place to work other than facilities department.
Overnight facilities department. (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJanuary 18, 2017
Amazing place to work for other than the facilities department. You do not want to work this uncivilized department. If you do expect lots of harassment,pressure at all times. There's an individual that's been working there for a very long time. His in charge of the overnight shift. He's responsible for the high turnover the facilities department .if you report anything to the hr department they only action they take .is to sweep everything under the rug.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Very short breaks
Slow paced political quagmire
Director of IT Operations and Security (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAOctober 4, 2016
Babson is a throwback to the way higher ed used to operate. No worries about strategy or costs or direction. Figurehead president massive internal chaos and fiefdoms. Slow pace of change with many many disasters. Too many lifers for hresh ideas and unwillingness to look out side of higher ed for successful models of business
Excellent Benefits and Community
Employee (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAFebruary 28, 2015
Staff management is hit or miss. Excellent overall community. Typical higher ed atmosphere where the Tenured Faculty rule. Entrepreneurial atmosphere and overall a pleasant work environment. Great benefits with lots of holidays and time off. Excellent communication from the top.
Pros
Tuition remission, 403b contributions are high, flexible summer hours
Cons
Siloed, some departments have high turnover while others have people who stay too long, management can be hit or miss.
Positive and stimulating people and mentors
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJanuary 27, 2015
Very good place for learning the culture of business education.
Pros
Great Staff, Great Students
A great place to work
Financial Aid Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MASeptember 17, 2014
The Bi-County Collaborative was a great place to work and was filled with many talented, compassionate individuals.
Pros
A great working and learning environment
Cons
Babson Is a great place to work the enviroment is amazing,plus they have great benefits.
SR. PAYROLL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAApril 27, 2014
Babson College has been a great experience for me. it is a great institution to work for, and it offers a great deal on learning experience.