Babson College Employee Reviews in Wellesley, MA

Straight business
Realplay Intern (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAApril 18, 2019
It was an ok experience. They jus wanted to get things done and call it a day. They overworked their good employees and didn’t compensate them accordingly.
Excellent workplace culture
Accreditation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMarch 28, 2019
Wonderful colleagues, good resources to support work, excellent training opportunities. Encouraged to attend training for career advancement. Relaxed, friendly work atmosphere. Flexible working hours.
Pay is not to market
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMarch 1, 2019
The college has spent $90,000 on one event, but pays about 10% less than market. The health benefits aren’t that great either. Rather than working to keep employees and prevent turnover, Babson let’s employees leave and rehires at much lower starting salaries. There is no bonus. It is very very difficult for advancement within Babson. Babson looks to hire externally to save money on salaries.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Health benefits, pay, advancement
good
Media Technician (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAFebruary 14, 2019
good it was good yes very good such good give character minimum i worked here muy good yes yes indeeed very well cheerio oi mate patchy the pirate yes yes
Exciting and Fullfilling
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJanuary 13, 2019
I enjoy my position at Babson and feel supported and valued. With a new President coming on Board as of July 1st, there will be some transition but I believe it will make the College vibrant and strong.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Feeling valued
Cons
commute
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJuly 30, 2018
I enjoyed working at Babson College as an Adjunct Professor. The evening MBA students are very engaged and studious, even after completing a full work day before meeting for class.
Every department is different
NA (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJuly 28, 2018
Good place to work as long as you get into a good department (depends on the management team at the time of entry as well). ADV and Grad are tough places to be right now.
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
Some layoffs happening over the past year, a lot of turnover making for inconsistency for a while now.
Chill tutoring job
Spark Tutor (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJune 20, 2018
I work as a spark tutor of Managerial Accounting at Babson College. So far, I have tutored over 40 students and have helped them academically. I like the work-life balance where we get to decide when to work and do what we want. My employer was also very well-organized!
Utility Worker
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJune 3, 2018
A typical day at work can be expected to be very fast-paced and a mixture of teamwork and independent work, including managing grounds, set ups/breakdowns, dealing with unexpected emergency calls, and the overall upkeep of a higher education institution.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Changes in work schedules
Wonderfull place to work
Manager Multimedia Services (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAApril 24, 2018
Best 9 years of my life- Supportive enviroment, good managers, great benefits,. Opportunities for growth were awesome.Feedback was supported and encouraged.
Pros
People, students and culture
Cons
Parking
Favorite Job
Web Developer/Themer (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMarch 29, 2018
The Babson work environment is a good balance of academic and corporate. It is a business school so the projects tend be better defined than one would expect at a college or university.
Pros
work environment
Cons
long commute
Good first bartending job
Bartender/Server/Interim Closing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MADecember 13, 2017
Great place to learn how to bartend and work in the hospitality industry for a relative newcomer to this field. as it was only beer and wine it was a great place to dip my toes in
Pros
Free meal per shift
Cons
Long commute from my new place of residence
I love company
Salad Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAAugust 24, 2017
They are a fast paced operation.We have to tend to the students.We make sure our customers are satisfied.We exceed to make our product great and done in a timely schedule.
Pros
free lunch, Work well with each other
Cons
No advancement.
Great experience
Creativity Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJuly 17, 2017
I was able to I work in a collegial manner and ability to communicate effectively with faculty, staff and parents; experience and demonstrated success in teaching 9th – 12th grade students; mastery of creative and diverse methods of teaching, learning and assessment; engaging, innovative approach to teaching and the ability to nurture artistic expression meaningful and relevant by inspiring students in a positive, nurturing environment.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
poor pay
Great job
Manager Multimedia Services (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJuly 17, 2017
I was able towork in a collegial manner and ability to communicate effectively with faculty, staff and parents; experience and demonstrated success in teaching 9th – 12th grade students; mastery of creative and diverse methods of teaching, learning and assessment; engaging, innovative approach to teaching and the ability to nurture artistic expression meaningful and relevant by inspiring students in a positive, nurturing environment.
Pros
Good people
Cons
not really challenging work
at babson we work as a team
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJune 22, 2017
I am very busy. I have a lot of experience so I can always find
a project to do. My manager knows my skill level so he lets me
find my own projects to work on. I always try to do high quality work.
Pros
free food
Cons
I would like a bit more of a challenge.
Fun, Exciting
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMay 23, 2017
My role as a marketing and communications associate in the company helped me learn so much about how to communicate efficiently with other peers. The small team of 12 created a great work environment.
Helpful, Efficient, Supportive
Mailroom Attendant (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMay 23, 2017
Working for Babson is one of the greatest experiences ever. The faculty and staff are all so friendly and willing to help each other out. The community itself is fantastic.
Fun place to work
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMay 5, 2017
It was fun to be a camp counselor. The kids were super fun to hangout with and Babson is a great college and all the other workers were super easy to work with
Great place to work for. Except the facilities department.
Facilities department. (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAApril 27, 2017
Babson college is a great place to work for. Except the facilities department. If you decide to work for the housekeeping department. I promise you will be over load with impossible tasks. Tons of harassment from the overnight supervisor " S/S" .this department has the biggest turnover because of him. When you file or complaint to the Human Resources department. They just fired or replace you with another victim. Please beware...
Pros
Great benefits. 401b.
Cons
No opportunitys for advancement.