Bachman's Inc. Employee Reviews in Maplewood, MN

3.0Pay & Benefits
I'm loving working here!
Garden Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNJuly 18, 2018
For 8 hours worked you get 2 paid 10min breaks and an unpaid half hour for lunch.
Learn a lot about plants.
Mangers are awesome, friendly, flexible, and funny.

Common daily tasks:
Watering plants in the greenhouse/ and trees/ shrubs in the lot
Unloading and putting away plants off of carts when a truck makes a delivery
Answering questions for customers usually just about where they can find something specific

The hardest part of the job is not having all of the answers starting out but you learn quickly where and what stuff is, plus the people who've been there longer have so much knowledge and don't get annoyed if you bring a customer to them to help.

For scheduling, you turn in a calendar to your department manager (ex. Garden center, cashier, floral, or stock manager) and you write which days/times you're available, while crossing off the days you cannot work.

When it's really hot you can take quick breaks to go inside and drink water and cool down but no matter the temperature the greenhouse pants still need to be watered.
Pros
Friendly managers, fun employees, 20% off discount, snacks/drinks now and then.
Cons
Working in the heat really wears you out, getting bad tan lines from t shirt and tennis shoes, getting soggy shoes while watering (but you can avoid this with wearing rain boots while watering)
A great Place to learn the value of customer service and the importance of customer relations.
Lead Stock Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNJuly 29, 2016
My time working at Bachmans in Maplewood was more helpful and taught me more then I have ever learned in any classroom. I started off a seasonal cashier and worked my way up to be a manager of the stock department. I learned the ordering process between store and vendor, I learned receiving and shipment procedures, I worked front of the house directly with customers helping there every need from picking out plant supplies and plants, to dealing with returns and malfunctioning products. I enjoyed the responsibilities they gave me on a daily bases and found it satisfying to achieve the goals they set out for me.
Pros
Learned So much
Cons
pay and hours could have been better