Bad Daddy's Burger Bar logo
Happiness rating is 65 out of 100Average

Bad Daddy's Burger Bar Employee Reviews for Server

Found 44 reviews matching the search.See all 208 reviews

Amazing at promoting autonomy

If you love having the ability to be creative and spontaneous when serving guests this place is right for you. If you aren't thick skinned and can not handle your coworkers being disrespectful to you then be weary, the kitchen is always demoralizing the staff if they aren't trying to sleep with you.

Fast pace work environment

Working here was awesome. If you can keep up with the volume of customers, you definitely have the opportunity to make great money. Everyone is very friendly there and they are super flexible with your schedule.

Pros

Discounted food, great money

Cons

Late nights

Can make good tips !

Very busy and can make a lot money. The manager are okay can be understanding at time Pro - good tips on the weekend Cons -management , working through the week

This place sucks

Management is awful. They do not care about there employees. Everyone is always messed up and of course don’t forget about this insane drama that comes along with it.

Pros

Absolutely nothing

Fun place to work

Can be very busy some days and slow others. Management sometimes struggles with communication but overall the restaurant runs well and you can make a considerable amount of money in tips.

Pros

Fun environment, great food, great pay

Cons

N/a

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Good for quick money..not longevity

Started working here with the best intention, but it became obvious from the beginning that if you werent apart of the "clique", you were gonna get the worst schedule and all the side work falls on you! They preach teamwork but its definitely not one of their priorities. And the money really isnt that great..lots of work for no money! One manager was super passive aggressive while the other was a slacker...at times i did jobs that were NOT apart of my job description.

Pros

Discounted food

Cons

Wages, work load, atmosphere

Best Coworkers and Management

I loved all 3.5 years of working at Bad Daddy’s Burger bar. It’s a casual environment but if I got super busy, someone was always there to help. My favorite part of working here were my coworkers and managers— I’ve met some of my best friends here!

Pros

Flexible Hours

Immature staff

I never stayed beyond training. My first day no managers showed up for me to do orientation nor was I notified prior to being there. Red flag, I shouldn't have returned. Training, the servers didn't greet tables or actually provide service. But it seems to be a younger group of servers who just expect tables to hand them money for standing. Literally other than taking orders, the servers were not even at their tables! Then to top it off, I noticed one server mad when she got a table with a black couple. Also the servers using the word "r_tarded" constantly doesn't sit well with a parent of a special needs child. Luckily my car was hit in a storm and that was kinda my sign to stray. Between the location and the food that place could be a great money maker. But the servers ruin it.

Pros

Management seems on point

Cons

Servers

fun place bad management

the managers were horrible. they were nice at first but then they’ll start to insult you daily. they are flexible and pay is bad around the holidays.

Pros

work life balance

Cons

management

Horrible. One of the worst companies I’ve ever worked for with the most immature and unprofessional management team I’ve ever been around.

Things operated on a need to know basis with frequent answer to customer questions being “Idk” from company management. The crew did as it pleased and the management team put forth little effort to control what was going on in the company. Very excited to work there but once hired it was NOT remotely close to anything of a functional business.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Management, crew, hours, human relations, etc.

Jobs at Bad Daddy's Burger Bar

Server positions
See more jobs

Fun place to work for while in college or in 20s

Eh it was alright I mean I had great time working there. Flexible with my schedule and my tips were pretty good especially on weekends. The food is amazing too I wouldn't want to work for a restaurant that has terrible food tbh.

Pros

Discounted food, you can drink after your shift

Cons

no breaks, can't sit at the bar even when you're off

Cool place

I had fun working here before Covid-19. Great staff. Great food. And great customers👍🏽. Typical day would include serving pretty cool people fabulous food and having a normal conversation about life.

Great place with great people

The work environment is great because of the people that work here. The management is played back and so is the staff. If you need time off for something, if you are sick, or if you can't come in for whatever reason the management is pretty understanding. Sometimes you won't get scheduled to work as many shifts as you may need but most of the time you can pick up shifts

Official response from Bad Daddy's Burger Bar

March 17, 2020
So glad to hear you are having a blast with your coworkers and that you are feeling supported by the management team! Let us know if there is any way we can help you to make things easier! Feel free to reach out to us at HR@baddaddysburgerbar.com at anytime.

Money and management sucked

If you like a toxic work environment where the GM trash talks everyone in the building then this job is for you! GM has no life outside of work so she results in making everyone miserable while working. She’s lazy and doesn’t help with anything. The only reason I stayed longer than a month was the one assistant manager who actually appreciates your work. He should be the GM but the people above don’t come in often enogh to see how we’re treated. Also the money was terrible with some days I would be leaving with 20-25$

Fun but not much money

My Bad Daddy’s location is over staffed with servers, so you hardly get any shifts at all. I can hardly sustain my few bills with this job. My employees are awesome and I love working with them but management doesn’t seem to understand that we need more shifts. Bartenders often get server shifts before the actual servers do. It’s a fun place but not good money

Lack of management

The management is entirely hands-off, at any given time there will be 4 managers at the location, and there's only one of them who will speak with a guest, help out in the FOH. They overstaff, and refuse to make cuts. 3 table sections. Its just not a good money position.

Very productive and outgoing job

This was by far the best job I have ever had, the staff and managers are very friendly and outgoing and everyone is always willing to help out. Lastly, this is a fast-paced restaurant so you're always on your toes.

Good at Bad Daddy's

The place is a general serving job. FOH duties, easy request off through an app. Managers really represent an open door policy so you can discuss almost anything with them. Some claim favoritism to exist but that is mostly ones own perception. The environment is fair to all if you communicate! Team work environment and friendly staff. Staffing can be difficult as restaurant have a high turnover, but management can't help that so just help out and make more money!

Pros

50% meals for you, great management teams

Cons

Some staffing

Official response from Bad Daddy's Burger Bar

August 30, 2019
Thank you for your feedback and insights! We love to hear that you are enjoying working with your coworkers and have a team environment! Keep rockin’!

Productive/fun place to work

I really enjoyed my time at Bad Daddy's Burger Bar. Management was really relaxed and was willing to listen to you if there was actually a problem. On a good weekend (which was often) I was able to make half my months rent in tips alone.

Experience

I didn't really like working at bad daddy's. They treated their employees horribly, especially if you weren't friends with the managers. They picked only certain people to close every night and wouldn't allow others to attempt to close. the work place environment was fun, the other servers tried to make the day go by fast by trying to have fun, but again, if you weren't a favorite, you got horrible sections, horrible side work, and just had an over all bad time.

Pros

Discounts on food

Cons

Sections, money, management, and sidework

work at Bad Daddy's

A typical work day depended on what day of the week it was typically the busiest days were weekends, and sometimes Thursday nights. The lunch rush was nice as long as there was only like 2 of you on because it was slow before and after the rush ended. I learned quite a bit while working here, I learned everything that was needed to work in a restaurant. Management was pretty good for the most part, and very flexible and understandable with us (i.e. when school, family or something came up). It was like a family there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bad Daddy's Burger Bar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight