Badcock Home Furniture & More Employee Reviews

Badcock Warehouse/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAMay 16, 2019
I enjoyed my time at badcock furniture in Douglas but moved to valdosta. I spent much time there working very hard and I feel that I proved myself with the job.
workplace culture
Sales Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 15, 2019
Very fun and exciting place to work. Employed in a dealer store and the owners are very nice. Dealer stores are ran differently than corporate stores.
Dont work here
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  JonMay 7, 2019
Run go some were else I'm telling you I have been in the work force labor for over 20 years never seen nothing like this place not enough employees
Ok place to work
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Crossville, TNApril 28, 2019
I love my coworkers we all get along unless its a bad day all around and you got work at all times you just have to repair and fix furniture it teaches you alot
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hard work
Avoid dealer stores
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 25, 2019
The corporate positions offer many benefits. The working conditions for individually owned and operated stores vary by owner.

I was promised salary raises, health and dental insurance plus bonuses that never happened in the 5 years I worked there. I made less money and worked longer hours with 5 times the responsibility when I left than when I started.
Pros
Loved most of my coworkers. I think most stores were the same in that it was small, close knit community of employees.
Cons
Aee above
Structured
staff and customers (Former Employee) –  Eagle Lake, FLApril 23, 2019
Working for this company was not horrible at all. The staff was way easier to work with then the management however, what job is not like that. But a typical day there consist of a fast paced customer service and sales. Working there I learned so much but mainly sales experience. The hardest part of the job was the beginning of it all but after that you can chose to become an expert at what you do and you excel!
Pros
money and culture
Cons
management
Busy work schedule
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 22, 2019
Overly worked but the company was good to me but your weekends and summers are 1000% dedicated to badcock. No health insurance or 401k through the dealer stores
It’s ok
Sales lead/Assistant manager/driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 22, 2019
They over work you you get underpaid you work management jobs and don’t get paid like one the store I worked at had got a manager that’s been with the company for 2 years I’ve been there 5 going to 6 before I was let go that shows you about advancement.
Fun
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 22, 2019
Great job to have ..the staff is like one big family and everyone knows where they belong and everyone works together as a team wwwwith no effort great job
Avoid if you can
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCApril 4, 2019
The manager throws temper tantrums and the assistant manager has anger issues that he has no problem directing at customers. Not sure how much the owner knows but just overall not a fun place to work. The coworkers weren’t bad but you can’t say anything without management listening to every word so had to watch what you say. Also surrounded by furniture and not allowed to sit on it even if the store is empty for hours which is sometimes was and that’s not a good thing when most of your money will come from commission as long as you push all the insurance and protection on already overpriced furniture and appliances. Except when the manager isn’t there you’re allowed to sit because he stays in the back the entire day on his phone and gets annoyed if you need help with a customer. This place needs new management ASAP.
Pros
Hour lunch plus smoke breaks
Cons
Management and changing schedule
badcock & more
Customer Sales Associate/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALApril 3, 2019
great place to work only a par time job friendly staff would have worked here longer but was offered a great paying full time job with great benefits so chose to move on
Pros
good pay fun work place
Don’t do it terrible place of employment
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2019
Stressful workplace the sales people do nothing except complain about the customers they expect the delivery guys to do everything all the cleaning as well there’s no time for family if you have one you will be at work until the job is done they make you take deliveries at 11pm and drop them off just a shady company to work for
Fun workplace
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 30, 2019
The overall experience I had working at Badcock was great, I really enjoyed the experience, time, and co-workers I worked with no matter how the day went they always made it better.
A positive work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCMarch 27, 2019
Most days hold different things. Mondays and Thursdays are truck days where merchandise is received from the distribution center. Other days are devoted mostly to sales or other duties.

My store manager is a good man to work for. He's fair and understanding

My only negative opinions about the job is that there are no helpful health benefits, no retirement plans, very little room for advancement, and a ceiling on the pay scale.
Pros
Hour lunches, paid vacations, discounts on merchandise
Cons
Not much advancement, not much for pay raises.
No good
Truck Driver, assemble and repair (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, NCMarch 27, 2019
nothing to say,,, a lot of time wasted... I should never work there at all... I was the trainer from the beginning to the end.....No good its sad to say//
Productive and Fun workplace
Privately held owner/operator (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLMarch 26, 2019
Great place to work. The sales and management teams are both amazing to work for and with. Teams are extremely knowledgeable and willing to help new hires.
A very sociable and good place to work.
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 25, 2019
Badcock has its pros and cons but I feel as if the good out way the bad. It’s a good start of business if you need experience in sales, computer, or communication. I would recommend others to work there.
Pros
Hour lunch flexible hours
Cons
No benefits no time paid off
Poor Management
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 22, 2019
Poor Management they were very unprofessional loud talk to customers any kind of way they sneak broke Furniture inside of the customer home just a bad place to work
Cons
Do not work here, do not waste your time!
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, NCMarch 20, 2019
No benefits, no set pay increases, no set hours, no set schedule, no job security, no good management, no 401k, no stock options, micro managed, no policy enforcement, too many boss, worked to hard, no appreciation. Do not bother...
Pros
Non
Cons
No benifits, no guarenteed hours, no advancement opportunity, no set hours
too stressful
Customer Service Rep & Stocker (Former Employee) –  saraland , ALMarch 19, 2019
doesnt pay enough for the amount of work you have to do and thye dont let you get any overtime and thats really the only thing that would give u a nice check

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Badcock Home Furniture & More. Our community is ready to answer.