Badger Daylighting Inc. Employee Reviews

Worst Management I've Ever Seen
Operator (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYJune 19, 2018
Management doesn't communicate with each other and they sling insults at employees right after making them work 80 hours a week and try to force them to violate DOT rules on a daily basis they lie about raises for being operators and never fix anything that breaks cause they won't get their bonuses from corporate if they spend actual money to fix trucks that have been broken for a long time. Pretty sure they're drunk half the time to. Worst job and bosses hands down, I'd rather work at minimum wage than have them as bosses again
Pros
When you quit
Cons
Management, long work week, pay not enough for type of work
Good company
Hydrovac Operator (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 8, 2018
Good company, awful work, you will be muddy dirty every day its hot outside or cold, you will get wet, your feet will get wet, good pay, great benefits
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
dirty muddy job
Good company to work for
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Rifle, COApril 16, 2018
Work/life balance is hard but part of the job. Good growing company with plenty of room for advancement. I would recommend Badger to other people. Compensation is good as well
hydro vac operator
hydrovac operator (Former Employee) –  Darlington, PAAugust 3, 2018
its not a bad job...but alot of time daily and alot of time out of time.forced to stay in motels when jobs are close.rules are only followed when convenient.
Pros
great pay
Cons
long hours..lack of hometime
Great company!
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hinton, OKNovember 4, 2017
Excellent benefits and work conditions. You can advance if you work hard. If you are a slacker, it's not for you. I've had two managers., One stressed me out the entire time he was here. The current one dispatches what you are to do then leaves you alone to do your job. If you have truck problems, he works with you to get them fixed. If your truck needs repaired, he takes care of it. Makes working conditions a lot easier if you have good, working equipment. Usually have Sundays off which is good for you and your family. Watches your hours and rotates work load.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Playing in the mud if you don't like to get dirty.
great job
Operator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 11, 2017
It’s a great place to work, the Area Manager really takes care of what you need, great boss to work for. I recommend this job to anyone that is not afraid to get dirty, and wants to make a lot of money. When you do travel , badger always puts you up at the best hotels, the travel pay is above industry standards,. The Hydrovac unit is very user friendly, Just a great place to work, the area manager always hires only the best people so you get to meet and make great friends as well,, The benefits that Badger provides exceeds industry standards. The Area Manager really does care about you safety and wellness.
Pros
The boss really looks out for you
Cons
Nothing to complain about
Good Company
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 29, 2018
Badger is a good company to work for. They have a lot of experience in the industry to draw from, with many resources available to their managers. They have been responsible for training at least 75% of the industry. The only draw back is the low salary for managers. I would definately work for them again.
Pros
Experience, Good Equipment
Cons
Low pay for managers
Ok place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2018
It was a ok place to work except for the poor management and the lack of respect to the customers they had to take care of other than that the place was awesome .
Fast paced growing company
Manager of Finance and Administration (Former Employee) –  Brownsburg, INOctober 22, 2018
Badger is a great company to work for. Focus is primarily on employees, customers and having the best equipment. Employees should expect to put in a full day of work for a good pay.
Sort of odd, drivers show up, get their vacuum trucks but no one really talks.
CDL-A driver (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TexasJune 13, 2018
Again they send one driver out on a vacuum job that is EASILY a two man job.
I was working in mud as usual and was in some soft stuff where I went from my ankles sinking to over my knees. sinking!
I could not get out of this and kept sinking so I needed to make an emergency call.
What happens when they try to save money on labor sending one man on a job. You have a problem, you better hope you have your phone in cell range.
Pros
small yard, few people
Cons
Not focused on safety, no rubber boots, hard hat, gloves or safety glasses provided.
Great place in general
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR - FLEET ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  WyomingSeptember 25, 2018
I loved what I did! I loved my corporate managers. Disliked my area managers/regional managers. If I only had to make corporate managers happy, I'd still be there.
Everything is a lie
Hydrovac Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TX 77505September 14, 2018
They have a hire anyone mentality and see who’s desperate enough to put up with there ways. Unsafe work practices. Do as I say not as I do, no schedule, travel untrained. Don’t believe anything said.
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
Safety
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 4, 2018
Company itself is a good as a whole. Everyone treats you like an equal and they provide a great, cutting edge product. Overnight travel is not lined out honestly in the hiring process and you need to work a ton of hours to get anywhere here. There is no training and lots of communication problems.
Pros
no micromanagement, great money, and company vehicle
Cons
lack of training, lots of overnight travel, no work/life balance, too many chiefs and not enough indians
Merry-go-round
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2017
The company is poorly managed and does not care about the employees; Only looking after the bottom line $$$$$$. You will be hired, used, then released after or if they determine they can operate the business without your input. My advice, move on and look elsewhere for quality employment.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
poor management personel, Not Loyal or trustworthy
Fun place to work, great management, enjoyed what I did.
Shipping/ Receiving/Inventory/ Parts/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brownsburg, INApril 4, 2018
I only worked there for a bout a year, but really enjoyed the job. I would recommend this employer to anyone, the management was very helpful in my training and my direct boss was great to work for. The job gave me multiple things to do and I liked the that as I was able to work inside and outside the building and the daily changes were nice. Overall Badger was a great place to work and wish I was still there.
Pros
Great Management, Customer service, workers were very nice.
Cons
Sometimes overwhelmed with job duties, but managable.
industrial non destructive hydrovac services
New Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2017
very good job representing badgers services, was able to gain 350 plus contacts, but was not able to get business on the books fast enough.a lot of prospects put into the pipeline,not enough revenue generated to sustain salary guarantee.
Pros
was able to make contact with many companies and establish viable relationships.
Cons
there was adverse weather where a whole month had no truck activity in first part of 2016.
Walk on egg shells
Operator (Former Employee) –  Darlington, PAMay 17, 2018
Could be a good place, but management likes to be starve you out if you don't agree with them or have safety issues, no communication at all. Will make you sit at home standing by the phone for days while trucks from other areas come and work because you did something wrong, like taking unpaid time off . Management is terrible they get employees turned against each other. Production over safety.
Pros
Pay is nice
Cons
Poor management
Ops Support (Current Employee) –  Sparta, NJJune 28, 2018
Overall Badger is a great place to work. Employees are friendly. Management is cool. I loved the training I received at the headquarters in Indiana. Very informative.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of work at times
Great job, until it isn't
Non-CDL Operator (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 2, 2015
You get paid ridiculous amounts of money considering the type of work you're doing. When there is work, you have the potential of working 80 hrs a week, even though the limit for cdl drivers is 70, but don't worry, they'll tell you to cheat on your log books. When work slows down, you better hope you saved some money because you'll be lucky to get 16 hrs sometimes. But don't try to file for temporary unemployment because they will fight you on it tooth and nail.
If you go out of town, don't expect to be able to come home until the job is done, even when there are guys sitting at home because they will not rotate out. I was gone for 3 months straight with no opportunity to come home.
If you get sent out to do clean oil rig pits, be prepared to go without sleep or a relief crew for over 24 hours.
This job is awesome for single folks or people who don't like being at home very often, and for people who don't mind doing the same thing virtually every day, just on different locations.
Pros
Plenty of hours, great pay and benefits
Cons
Little home time, incompetent corporate staff
Poor management
Operator (Former Employee) –  WVMarch 1, 2018
Worst management I have ever worked for. Trucks are iffy, most co workers are ok, no communication, management only calls to yell at you, no room for advancement, unsafe work practices, very unstable hours of work. If ur single and have no bills and enjoy working for management who doesn't know how to manage people it's for you!
Pros
Pay when you work
Cons
No life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Badger Daylighting Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.