Badger Daylighting Inc. Employee Reviews

Everything is a lie
Hydrovac Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TX 77505September 14, 2018
They have a hire anyone mentality and see who’s desperate enough to put up with there ways. Unsafe work practices. Do as I say not as I do, no schedule, travel untrained. Don’t believe anything said.
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
Safety
hydro vac operator
hydrovac operator (Former Employee) –  Darlington, PAAugust 3, 2018
its not a bad job...but alot of time daily and alot of time out of time.forced to stay in motels when jobs are close.rules are only followed when convenient.
Pros
great pay
Cons
long hours..lack of hometime
Ops Support (Current Employee) –  Sparta, NJJune 28, 2018
Overall Badger is a great place to work. Employees are friendly. Management is cool. I loved the training I received at the headquarters in Indiana. Very informative.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of work at times
Worst Management I've Ever Seen
Operator (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYJune 19, 2018
Management doesn't communicate with each other and they sling insults at employees right after making them work 80 hours a week and try to force them to violate DOT rules on a daily basis they lie about raises for being operators and never fix anything that breaks cause they won't get their bonuses from corporate if they spend actual money to fix trucks that have been broken for a long time. Pretty sure they're drunk half the time to. Worst job and bosses hands down, I'd rather work at minimum wage than have them as bosses again
Pros
When you quit
Cons
Management, long work week, pay not enough for type of work
Sort of odd, drivers show up, get their vacuum trucks but no one really talks.
CDL-A driver (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TexasJune 13, 2018
Again they send one driver out on a vacuum job that is EASILY a two man job.
I was working in mud as usual and was in some soft stuff where I went from my ankles sinking to over my knees. sinking!
I could not get out of this and kept sinking so I needed to make an emergency call.
What happens when they try to save money on labor sending one man on a job. You have a problem, you better hope you have your phone in cell range.
Pros
small yard, few people
Cons
Not focused on safety, no rubber boots, hard hat, gloves or safety glasses provided.
Walk on egg shells
Operator (Former Employee) –  Darlington, PAMay 17, 2018
Could be a good place, but management likes to be starve you out if you don't agree with them or have safety issues, no communication at all. Will make you sit at home standing by the phone for days while trucks from other areas come and work because you did something wrong, like taking unpaid time off . Management is terrible they get employees turned against each other. Production over safety.
Pros
Pay is nice
Cons
Poor management
Fun and exciting
Hydrovac Operator / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTApril 22, 2018
Franchise location did the best it could in the oil and gas recession . Even taking work in Washington and Oregon to keep food and checks at the employees table. Great management and equiptment.
Good company to work for
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Rifle, COApril 16, 2018
Work/life balance is hard but part of the job. Good growing company with plenty of room for advancement. I would recommend Badger to other people. Compensation is good as well
Fun place to work, great management, enjoyed what I did.
Shipping/ Receiving/Inventory/ Parts/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brownsburg, INApril 4, 2018
I only worked there for a bout a year, but really enjoyed the job. I would recommend this employer to anyone, the management was very helpful in my training and my direct boss was great to work for. The job gave me multiple things to do and I liked the that as I was able to work inside and outside the building and the daily changes were nice. Overall Badger was a great place to work and wish I was still there.
Pros
Great Management, Customer service, workers were very nice.
Cons
Sometimes overwhelmed with job duties, but managable.
Operator (Former Employee) –  WVMarch 1, 2018
Worst management I have ever worked for. Trucks are iffy, most co workers are ok, no communication, management only calls to yell at you, no room for advancement, unsafe work practices, very unstable hours of work. If ur single and have no bills and enjoy working for management who doesn't know how to manage people it's for you!
Pros
Pay when you work
Cons
No life
They don't keep track of your hours.
Swamper (Former Employee) –  WillistonFebruary 16, 2018
A highly illegitimate business that is run primarily on covet means.

The'll throw you under the bus for absolutely no reason.
They will stunt your pay in multiple spots and they're full of lies.

They broke down on a couple different rigs and spilled more than fourty gallons of production all over the ground, they have old guys that barely know how to drive the trucks, and they recently had an idiot throw an HVACK sideways sliding for 60 feet on highway road.

Very bad company, run run run.
Pros
Cons
terrible management.
They have nice equipment, some good management
Hydro Vac Operator to Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Focus on your job at hand try not to reach for the stars with this company, they promise you the world and will let you go at any second with out warning.
Pros
New equipment
Cons
Bad management
Fun place to work
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 8, 2018
My job was important. It gave me meaning and purpose. I enjoyed hyro-blasting soil to access to plumbing or electrical. It was always fun getting paid to play in the mud.
Pros
feeling of importance and accomplishment
Cons
Job depended on contracts and weather conditions
Business Development Rep- Northwest District (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDFebruary 7, 2018
Manager was phenomenal!!! He was a STUD! Was always willing to speak with you about your thoughts and ideas! Great leader/mentor, and always on top of things. Very well organized and a tremendous leader!!! Very impressed!
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 4, 2018
Company itself is a good as a whole. Everyone treats you like an equal and they provide a great, cutting edge product. Overnight travel is not lined out honestly in the hiring process and you need to work a ton of hours to get anywhere here. There is no training and lots of communication problems.
Pros
no micromanagement, great money, and company vehicle
Cons
lack of training, lots of overnight travel, no work/life balance, too many chiefs and not enough indians
Hydrovac Operator (Former Employee) –  wvJanuary 30, 2018
Poor management, poor communication, unfair favoritism and unsafe practices directed by management. Lack of supervision on location. not supplying proper tools for the job.
Cons
poor management
Good Company
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 29, 2018
Badger is a good company to work for. They have a lot of experience in the industry to draw from, with many resources available to their managers. They have been responsible for training at least 75% of the industry. The only draw back is the low salary for managers. I would definately work for them again.
Pros
Experience, Good Equipment
Cons
Low pay for managers
Enjoyable work with great people.
Salesman/Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 25, 2018
I had freedom to generate sales as I saw fit. Management was very relaxed and not intrusive. Very enjoyable job... Regretfully,it was a very slow time in the oil industry and company was feeling financial strain, so I left to follow a better opportunity.
Not what I expected
Operator (Former Employee) –  McPherson, KSDecember 1, 2017
At badger you make great money "IF" they are busy. But when I started the area was getting a lot of rain so they didn't have much work. If they dont have work you dont work unless you want a limited amount of shop hours for half of your normal pay.
Great place to work. Awesome co-workers
Operator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 21, 2017
My job was fast-paced and long working days. You had to be ready to work hard, and long days most of the time. But on other days, you only may work a half day. My fellow employees were great to work with. The hardest part of the day was the weather and heat. I enjoyed interacting with my fellow operators and the customers, on a daily basis. We also got to travel a lot with this job.
Pros
pay, indepence
Cons
long, long days. and unruly customoers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Badger Daylighting Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.