BADGER MINING CORPORATION Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
2.6Job Security & Advancement
Easy going
Transload Operator (Former Employee) –  George West, TXJanuary 25, 2018
Good place to work. Just working nights by yourself is hard.with no help. While day shift has more people with less trucks to load. And at my plant the boss son got extra benfits
Pros
good benfits and pay
Cons
Working straight nights
Clean,Safe, and productive
Operator (Former Employee) –  Taylor, WISeptember 17, 2016
Working for Badger Mining Corporation,was a good experience. I worked as an operator. I learned the process of running the sand mixers,loading and weighing rail cars.. I even learned how to drive a tracmobile. Badger was one of the cleaner places, I've worked,they really stress about cleanliness and safety..safety of course being # 1 priority. I worked with a great crew of guys,and our lead seemed to keep our interests at heart. The best part of my job,was working as a team and always learning something new. The hardest part of the job Id say,would be long hrs,lack of sleep,and upper management not always being on the same page, with their employees.That towards the end, tends to create friction,which made this job less enjoyable.
Pros
Good pay, Safe and clean place to work.
Cons
Long hrs
It was ok!
Manufacturing/Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Taylor, WIApril 25, 2016
I improved the process on a daily basis and made the company hundreds of millions of dollars they would have never seen! The company is to top heavy and refuses to get rid of non essential employees!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
They through a good Christmas party.
Cons
They forgot where they came from! Mining, Screening and selling sand! With self directed work teams.
Working for BMC
Mine Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Taylor, WIMarch 22, 2015
Working for Badger Mining Crop. is probably the BEST place a person can work. They treat there employees like people not a number.
As for a few of the co workers I worked with, they made it to not want to go to work because they did not like change, new people and there ideas, because its not the way they have done things for the past years. Only in that aspect was it the worst place I have ever worked.
If there is a chance to be apart of the BMC team I would strongly recommend taking the time to apply. BMC is very generous to the communities around the area. They value the land that they use, in most cases they leave the land in better conditions minus the trees. they make new waterways to better support the wildlife they put tall grasses in to provide cover until the trees grow. One of the best things that BMC has always done is to remain hidden, out of view of the eyes of the public.
Best company ever to work for
Environmental Intern (Former Employee) –  Taylor WIMarch 9, 2014
I would get to work at 6:30 and could work until whenever I wanted to leave. Everyone is very considerate and acts like one big family. There are opportunities to move up in the company and the benefits are crazy good. Profit sharing is where employees really make their money.
Pros
Profit sharing, Free lunches, great work to life balance, insane benefits, company really cares about employees
Cons
Low hourly wage
Productive place to work with wonderful employees to make work fun and inviting.
Maintenance Associate (Former Employee) –  Taylor, WIOctober 30, 2013
I would first check my work schedule and then devise a plan to achieve the goal to get the work done by checking if i had everything to get the jobs done. I would then determine what i could get done and could not get done which happened once in a while but not very often. I would then make my work orders out and order any parts or materials i needed for the jobs i could not do or jobs coming up during the week. My next step was to communicate with the other employees in my department on what i had on my agenda for the week so they could plan for it. I would also open the conversation up about what they needed me to do for them to keep the moving along. I learned to pace myself in order to get my goal for the week achieved and give myself time to work on projects the employees had for me to do. Management was a different style and i did not see them very often. My coworkers were awesome and the ones that had communication problems i would work with them very well and catered to them a little more to gain their trust. Hardest part of the job was keeping my work schedule organized which i used a calender to chart my schedule in and weekly checked it with the computer to keep it organized. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with an awesome employee base and having fun with them while working with them and still hitting my goals.
Pros
Hunting land.
Cons
healthcare, long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BADGER MINING CORPORATION. Our community is ready to answer.

BADGER MINING CORPORATION Reviews by Location