Baileys' Restaurants Group

Baileys' Restaurants Group Employee Reviews

United States18 reviews
Bailey's Restaurant Group does not discriminate in any way, shape, or form. They are LGBT+ friendly and ethnically diverse, with employees from many different backgrounds.
It was nice , I myself was very well organized & the job was easy wasn’t hard I had a great time being able to make other people feel welcomed when they came to eat , great restaurant!
Was great job, until i lost my help 2 years ago. They never rehired help and continued to expand. Extreme lack of leadership company wide. Very sad, just needs better vision.
I work there for a whole year and we we're down a 2 or 3 people for the line just to get a 50 cent raise in which they said they give a dollar raise the whole company is a joke for the type of business they do they should appreciate there employees a lot more than what they do
Pros
Cons
All whole work enviorment
As with any company there are bright spots and dark ones. I had been a fan of the company and the various restaurants for some time before I began my work experience with them in a back of the house capacity. The concepts are great but the grind of the industry (retention vs expansion) has been pulling the company away from where they were originally intending to go I feel. There are a lot of talented individuals and quality people on the team across several venues but more often than not, they are not always recognized accordingly. Its been my experience across multiple outlets that those that do the heavy lifting so to speak are not always supported appropriately and often leave from frustration/burnout. The company pays below industry standards in my experience. Communication from upper management has not always been timely/consistent with perceived company identity. There are others though that have had great success and enjoyment with their time with the company, I was not one of them.
Pros
Shift meals for back of house, discounted food for front staff
Cons
low pay, consistently understaffed
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
A diversified restaurant group with above average products across many genres. Loose oversight for some locations and high turnover. A fine place for those happy with 80%.
Workplace culture is great. Management works hard to foster a company culture that encourages respect for others, empathy, compassion, etc. I typically work on a variety of different tasks and projects throughout the day, which keeps things exciting and challenging, which is nice.
I love Baileys' Restaurants to be honest. I love my co-workers, the fast environment, the constant strive to bring hospitality to the next level, and to make an environment for restaurant folks that goes above and beyond.

Our management cares, staff is eager and excited to put their best foot forward, and the company is committed to sustainability and community. I think they are on the right track to do something awesome for this industry and for it's people!
Pros
Supportive environment, discounts, health care, and more
Cons
Fast-growing so there's always a lot on our plates
Great company to work for!! Owners are very hands on and very involved in the community. Worked a short time for the company but given the opportunity I would do it all over again.
Pros
Work life balance
Overall good working environment. The pace of this particular outlet varied from steady to very busy, which presented challenges in prep and production.
I didn't have too many problems with the company it was the employees there and the lack of concern that the bosses had. The employees purposely did to thing to other employees so that it made them look better than another employee.
inconsistent policies, not good money, people allowed to treat each other poorly, not do their share work, no attempt to build business, be creative, help workers make money, high turnover, send hosts & servers home after an hour consistently
I have always been treated very well at Bailey's, but the company is very disorganized. There are always new projects to work on before any problems are solved. Hard workers are often taken advantage of, because anyone with a pulse will be hired.
Pros
Casual Environment, Family-friendly
Cons
Revolving staff, weak management
Hardest part of the job is the old building that has no drains, so you have to empty gross buckets of water underneath ice bins, also it's tight in the kitchen and every other service station, everyone is on top of eachother. The best part is that it closes at 3pm and can't find that really anywhere.
Pros
closes at 3pm
Cons
no health benefits, merchant fees for credit cards.
Overall, a very family eccentric place, most of the Bailey's Restaurants have something to offer, whether it's burgers and pizza to vegan food and chocolate. Bailey's Restaurants does know how to cater to their guests.
Pros
Discounts
Typical day at work includes prepping and stocking stations for service. Also prepping ingredients that were not completed from previous shifts. Pushing out tickets in a timely manner. Maintained a sanitary environment.

Was able to work at various stores within the company which allowed me to gain more knowledge and skill in other areas, such as vegetarian cuisine and whole animal butchering.

Management style is based on policies and procedures created by the company's ownership which results in a slightly indirect communication since there are multiple independent stores with different concepts.

Hardest part of the job is retaining talented crew members due to a regional trend of under compensation.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to pick up more hours, If mutually beneficial in other stores, thereby expanding my personal skill set.
Pros
Shift meal included
Cons
Very late closing hours, closing alone with a dishwasher.
I started with this St Louis based company when their second restaurant opened in 2006. I currently work part time when I am in St Louis. Great place with friendly people. It is a very high-volume restaurant which requires constant moving and customer interaction. I most look forward to working with the amazing staff, as many have worked there for years. The management team is hands on and will assist in whatever capacity is needed. Bailey's Restaurants excel because of the strength of their team of dedicated workers.
Pros
fast-paced, flexible scheduling, strong employee/employer relationships
Cons
na
Great ingredients go into the food
Rapidly growing company
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baileys' Restaurants Group. Our community is ready to answer.
Baileys' Restaurants Group Reviews by Job Title