Baillie Lumber Co. Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Sr. Oracle/SQL DBA (Current Employee) –  Hamburg, NYJuly 13, 2018
I would not recommend Bailie to anybody. Management has no idea what they are doing. They micro manage and don't listen to anybody but themselves.

Need massive shaeup
Poor pay poor poor supervison
Machine oper, with stacker pay (Former Employee) –  Galion, OHJuly 10, 2018
Dont get your raises when told, management just throws you to your job tells you to do it and do it better while they stand there and watch you work with over load work 24/7
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Unwelcoming environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYApril 24, 2018
The pay is very low and the work load will burn anyone out. The staff is very rude and do not like to help others without some kind of comment. The endless drama with the staff is the reason I left. There is no advancement.
work at baillie
Boiler Operator (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, NYDecember 19, 2017
I am very hard worker even did other work when younger employee would not do there job. I was always on time never miss a day unless it vacation or PTO. I go in when they need me plus work over my shift. My work was always done
Pros
Good worker
Cons
did not get paid fairly
Dangerous and horrible place too work
Trimmer saw operator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna n.yDecember 13, 2017
I was employed there for almost three years loved my job i was very good at it. The management had very poor attitudes and constantly degraded their employees by verbally harassing them.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Supervisors did not understand how too talk too employees respectfully
Only Family Of Management Will Succeed
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Hamburg, NYSeptember 20, 2017
No room for advancement. Extremely low paying. The environment is not very welcoming, because the management is very strict. Very nice to have 40 hours a week and weekends off, but benefits are sub par and pay is not sustainable.
quick paced and competitive, friendly atmosphere
Trader (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYAugust 22, 2017
Works are pretty demanding (quick paced) and challenging. Its salary appears to be very competitive for sales positions.The town is small, but convenient.
.no dress codes ..looking for a different job ..not a place to make a career at ..hot .
Stacker (Former Employee) –  GslionJune 4, 2017
Hot ..dirty ...no dress codes ...people half dress I don't care how hot it is ..people need to dress professional ..at least in jeans and the shirt ..some don't where shirts and pants half off...not very professional...not a place to make a career at ..dirty ..unorganized ..need to enforce rules and safety at galion plant in ohio..bad hours
Pros
Cons
A lot of things
The days go by fast.
Lumber Handler (Current Employee) –  Titusville, PAMay 18, 2017
Its hard work you have to be motivated and be willing to get dirty. Easy to learn. Management and coworkers are all great. Overall it's a Great company.
Pros
Days go by fast. Helpful people.
Cons
The heat.
hard work for little pay
Lumber Stacker (Former Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYApril 21, 2017
This place is hot hard work during the shift and when I was there was making slightly above minimum wage. It was hard to make a good living wage at the job. Hours were good and had awesome coworkers.
good company
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYNovember 10, 2016
Very organized how all accounting aspects should be run in a company. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Lots of work to do even on Saturdays. Even has a gym with a weight trainer This is an exciting opportunity to join a collaborative team in a terrific company.
Pros
lots of work, and friendly atomsphere
Cons
not great pay
Productive fun workplace where people care about one another
Wire Transfer/ Export Documentation (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYApril 13, 2016
Very happy friendly place to work. A lot of business gets done during the day and you work for your pay. The company makes you feel like a family. They do their best to makes sure they know every employee.
good company
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYJanuary 20, 2016
they pay real low but you get your hours basically you work outside if is cold you get colder or is it hot you get hotter inside but you work with good people
Pros
management
Cons
get dirty cold or hot
No Career Path
Information Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamburg, NYJanuary 20, 2016
No promotions. No advancements. No career paths. Continuous employee turnover. Lack of job satisfaction. No raises. In house work out facility.
good group of guys to work with
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Titusville, PAOctober 7, 2015
will i start at 5 a.m. and pile lumber make nice looking packs , help others out leave at 3:30 p.m.you get a 15 min. brake at 9 and 30 min. at 12
Pros
lots of good friends and not to bad to work for
Cons
i have done basically the same thing for 11 years
Valuable Fun Experience
American Lumber Wire Transfer Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamburg, New YorkAugust 10, 2015
I learned about day to day office work, Was responsible for keeping track of documents and sending them via Fed Ex. I was able to form relationships with customers buying loads of wood. In working together with agents in China I was able to make it work better.
Great family owned business
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamburg, NYAugust 6, 2015
Nice place to work, but salary is substantially less than fair market. Not much room for advancement, but very friendly atmosphere. Owners have a genuine concern for their employees as well
Planer 2 (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, NYMarch 30, 2015
In the morning when i got there i would grab a cup of coffee and get straight to work. I learned to follow instructions and work with a team. The line i was worked on was short so the management worked closely with us. My Coworkers were always changing yet easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was starting the day. The most enjoyable part of the day was the end.
Pros
Monthly bonus.
Cons
Splinters
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Administrative Assistant to Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Hamburg, NYOctober 19, 2014
Very busy office but enjoyable. I have learned a lot about the lumber business and how it functions. My co-workers are very nice and fun to work with. They are very helpful and patient when learning a new task.

The hardest part of my job is learning how to prioritize all of the different requirements of the position and getting things done in a timely manner. Being able to juggle all the paperwork and getting it out to appropriate staff members can be very challenging.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the staff. They are so personable and friendly and helpful.
Pros
Free breakfast, use of the gym, location.
Cons
Healthcare, privately owned.
good people to work with
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYJune 6, 2012
Locate packs of lumber to supply paint shed for company logos end end color.when painted remove and stack for shipment by truck or to be shipped by container for over seas.The loading and unloading of containers and trucks.