Bain & Company Employee Reviews

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXMay 13, 2019
I only worked with Bain for six months. During that time, I attended every PowerPoint training class they offered (they were heavy on PowerPoint) and yet, still felt like I was only retrieving coffee and lunch for my Senior Partner. Days were long, and I often felt like I was warming the chair.
Pros
Emplyee trips to Mexico
Cons
Rude, entitled Partners
Rapid Feedback, inspiring teams
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 4, 2019
Great company with excellent management structure, admin teams and collaborative scaffolding to build for a great employee experience. Often would work beyond 40 hours, but the work life balance exists, and the "one team" focus is felt through all of the support structures and great teams.
Pros
training, feedback, challenging yourself to be your best
Cons
sometimes getting stretched too thin
All roles in Consulting Suppport Services are dead ends
Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 31, 2019
Most of the things that help Bain & Company earn votes for "best place to work" are not available to those of us on the Consulting Support Services side of the office. If you're in CSS, you're a second class citizen, and can forget about things like professional development or a viable career path. The Leadership Team talks a good game, but will not help you advance in your career.
Bad
Global Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2018
One of the worst place to work at. Very bad management and seems like no direction by management. People come and go like its McDonalds. Never work here
Professional fun place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 31, 2018
Bain has a very fast-paced environment with consultants that are recruited from the best universities. We work hard and play hard. It is a great company to work for
Pros
Interesting, provacative
Cons
My position is part-time
Absolutely Incredible Company to work for!
Executive Assistant, Global Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2018
Most incredible company I have ever worked for. Not only do they listen to their employees, but they do whatever it takes to make their employees happy. You truly feel like they listen and do whatever it takes to make changes. Major perks with this company.
Pros
Smart, kind, inviting people, salary, benefits, family oriented
Cons
Extremely busy, for some, lack of work-life balance
Great company to work for!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2018
The Bain Houston office has a fun and collaborative environment, with a lot of social events and team building. They area also very involved in the community and volunteering at local charities.
It has been a long time wince I worked here
Global HRIS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 19, 2018
I enjoyed the culture of the company and the work hard play hard attitude while I worked at the company. I can't imagine doing it today now that I am raising a child. There is a split between the consultants and the administrative operations which can create some tensions.
Among largest strategic management consulting firms. Employing primarily ivy-league business school graduates.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 12, 2018
2nd-largest strategic management consulting firm. World-wide employer, headquartered in Boston, MA. Wide range of business consulting opportunities, both functional and geographical.
Fascinating Exposure
Case Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 8, 2018
I worked at Bain in the days when they still had Case Team Assistants. It was fun to be consistently exposed to different cases/clients and the work was never boring.
Highly stressful but manageable
Graphics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 1, 2018
Enjoyed co-workers and found managing partners to be friendly and accommodating. The disagreeable aspect of the job was having to make graphical documents of little value for consultant trainees knowing our time was being billed to clients.
Pros
Good hourly rate and benefits
Cons
Tediously unfulfilling work
Worked as a temp
Consultant Support Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAMarch 26, 2018
Was told I wasn't "J" enough for the company. Was micro managed in every aspect of the job and day-to-day activities. Lack of direction and clear vision of requirements.
Great team and Manager
Market Research Surveys (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 20, 2018
This was a temporary assignment week (2 weeks) working with a Great team and Manager, Market research and surveys, enjoyed talking to fun, interesting folks from all around the country. Free breakfast and snacks, gorgeous views of the bay/embarcadero and fisherman's wharf from this Embarcadero Center Building office.
Pros
Free breakfast and snacks, gorgeous views of the bay/fisherman's wharf from this Embarcadero Center Building
Cons
short term temporary
Fun culture. Supportive and challenging work
liaison for consultant teams (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 11, 2018
A typical day at Bain was fast paced and fun. Every staff member was willing to be part of the team an help each other promote the interest of the company. Amazing place to work and develop a community.
Pros
Encouraged work/personal life balance
Cons
Exceptional professionals and demanding work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 4, 2018
One of the finest strategic consulting firms in the world. Bain & Co, over the years, has both disrupted and moved forward the entire industry of management consulting.
Pros
Exceptional place to learn and grow
Cons
Demanding hours
Excellent Experience
Professional Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 10, 2017
I began working at Bain right out of high school. I was lucky enough to be apart of that culture when the company was moving quickly. Learned a lot in a very small amount of time.
really good experience
Building Entrepreneurial Leaders Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2017
highly enjoyed, lots of opportunity for growth and lots of responsibility early on. really good networking opportunities also, I liked this job very much
Great Place to Work
Online Specialist, Recruiting Marketing (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 16, 2017
Bain & Company has an incredible culture and hire extremely talented people. The work can be extremely difficult, and there is a lot expected from you in order to succeed.
great company
Manager's Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2017
The foundation they apply for you to thrive at this company is un real. This is one of the best companies in the country and it was a honor to work there.
Program management and work culture lacking
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GADecember 20, 2016
While the overall mission is wonderful, the skills needed to work in this century were missing by entire staff.Program manager became angry for me moving checks and confidential information to the locked file room!