Bainbridge State College Employee Reviews

No longer open
FINANCIAL AID DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAApril 1, 2018
Bainbridge State College has merged with ABAC so I don't know what they are like now. It is a good place to work and the staff is nice. They close early on Friday's so that is a plus.
Pros
During the summer they are closed on Friday's
Cons
Not a big team environment
A great place to work
Instructor of Allied Health and Biology (Current Employee) –  Blakely, GAOctober 21, 2017
A typical day at work includes 2-3 courses.
I learned about time and stress management
We had a great culture there.
Most enjoyable was the students.
Pros
We had a lot of time off and I used it to travel.
Cons
The only time off was in May and December.
An asset to our region
Employee (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, GASeptember 19, 2017
BSC provides an accessible, affordable, and excellent education for the diverse population of SWGA. It is a fun and challenging place to work. It is a place where you are treated like family.
Pros
excellent benefits, friendly co workers, loved the mission
Cons
communication, organization, inspiration
Good for a part-time job
English Tutor and Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAAugust 1, 2017
My experience working at Bainbridge State College was mostly positive. My boss was understanding and funny. My coworkers were nice, with the exception of a select few. Overall, I enjoyed the work environment, and tutoring was a great experience.
Pros
Great boss, nice coworkers, flexible schedule
Cons
Lots of downtime, inconsistent work at times
Great working place
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAJuly 24, 2017
Walk in ready to work .smile on your face greet everyone. With a smile wash your hands. Keep a clean work station. Get alone with others . Customers always right .
Pros
Free lunches
Nice place to work
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAMarch 23, 2017
Teaching at Bainbridge State College has been an excellent experience. The class sizes are small allowing for student focused instruction. The opportunities for the College to make a significant impact in the area continue to grow.
Excellent work community, clean, great coworkers, very friendly and helpful environment.
IT Helpdesk Technician (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, GADecember 20, 2016
The IT department, called Office of Instructional and Information Technology (OIIT), is a friendly and productive department. A typical day would consist of reviewing emails for various help-desk tickets through the Spice-works IT Help-desk Management System. Keeping on top of tickets, speed of job completion, efficiency and customer service are just a few main focus points for my job. I have a great and knowledgeable team of operatives always willing to take on any assigned task possible. The techs including myself are responsible for over 1500 computers (including registers) for student labs, faculty and staff at 4 locations of our campus (Main campus, downtown Adult Education Center, Blakely campus and the new Donaldsonville Center. We also answer calls to readily respond to rising issues known. I have a great manager, better than most I had in years to tell the truth. He lets us handle over 90% of the issues handled at most levels. Only when it's a pressing matter above my supervisor's and myself does he steps in, but rarely. He decides along with collective research and development in the department, which technologies along with the Technology committee arrives to better the campus operations. The hardest part of my job maybe is learning and mastering advanced networking. I've learned a great deal to go further, but as with any profession within IT, there is always much to learn Pretty good with software and hardware issues. It not a problem learning more about networking and I'm always willing by studying more on and after hours. The most enjoyable would be my coworkers!  more... So many vivid personalities, and they are a blast to work with.  less
Pros
Wellness Center, Cafe, Kirbo Center (recreational) campus expansion, meet new people through customer service.
Cons
Need a little more pay.
The job is interesting counter act with staff faculty and students/ activities
Wellness / Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, GANovember 4, 2015
I love the job , its only part time which gives me the oppertunity to interact as i said with srudents,staff and faculty. The job consist of working in the community, where events of local interest is required
A great place to work
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAJuly 8, 2015
Generally assisting the Human resource director and generalist with the function of the office filing documents, research and more.
Pros
healthfair was fun
Cons
Good place to work while in school.
Peer Mentor (Tutor) (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAApril 13, 2015
Tutor students and assist with exercises in learning. There are too many bosses for everyone and not enough work getting done. The college tends to over extend themselves in financial areas, from the way things seem.
Pros
Works well around schedules.
Cons
Few hours, no advancement opportunities.
Great Benefits and Job
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAMarch 19, 2015
Jobs at the college are based on enrollment and there are a lot of politics involved in advancement, but you can't beat the schedule and holidays.
Pros
People, Schedule
Cons
no job security
I did work study and it was a good place overall to work and go to school.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAJuly 10, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was very flexible and the management were easy to get along with.
N/a
Enrollment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAJuly 3, 2014
I have enjoyed this experience! I have worked here for 6 years as of August 13,2014.