BakeMark USA Employee Reviews

Poor organization
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 22, 2019
There is a battle between Sales, Operations, and Corporate. Without clear leadership who holds the reins; who steers the ship; and who outlines the performance metric?
Poor management, great workers
Worker (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAJanuary 8, 2019
Poor management, supervisors very friendly, workers are great, some mind their space others are friendly.
If your looking hours great place to work for hours.
But you get no personal life. Just work.

No growth what’s so ever. Managers don’t follow up with promotions or verbal commitment.
Don’t get hopes up with production manager or plant director. Always changing rules,
Hours, positions are never steady.
Pros
Pay ( maybe if they don’t mess up timesheets) workers, hours
Cons
Prod. Manager / director, rule changing, Sick time
Proffesional.
Warehouse order selector (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 25, 2018
Training on site.
Union.

More to offer some one who intrested in physical work. Provide employes with tools they need to succed in the work enviroment.
Really nice place to work at n nice people throughout the company....
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIDecember 19, 2018
Everyone work well with each other.....we communicate with each other n help each other when needed to get our job done at a reasonable paced n time everyday.....
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Bakemark was a great place to work.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2018
Bakemark is a union shop that provides opportunity for advancement. They are career minded and habitually retain their employees. They're structure is well organized yet flexible.
excellent place to work at the beginning
Outside Manufacture Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 6, 2018
Start my day at 4am. Check emails and any additional orders that may have been texted or emailed to me. Leave the house with my daily plan and Goals for each customer that I see and to upsell them in that particular territory. Collected money when needed. I learned to organize and manage my time more effectively. Management can be a resource when needed. A very stressful work culture. Worked while being on vacation even if you go to Hawaii!
it was the only way to avoid chaos among your customers. Most likely got PTSD from this job. I love my customers and loved visiting and cross selling new products. I was very passionate about it. changes in management was crucial for team, I experienced at least 6 managers in 7 years.
Pros
good pay and flexible as long as you took care of customers
Cons
vacation was not vacations!
Great place to learn and grow. It's a fast pace company
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CANovember 14, 2018
Usually work 8am-5pm daily. It gets really busy between October through December. Company treats the employees fairly. Good benefits and fair compensation.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Stressful at time
Quick pace, great pay
Night Lead (Former Employee) –  Fairfield,ohioAugust 20, 2018
Management needs work!! Other than that it was a fun place to work. Always had overtime and good checks. Off on holidays, and great work environment.
Demanding but well worth it
Commercial truck driver (Former Employee) –  Portland OregonAugust 8, 2018
As a driver I can say that management and transportation parts of the job are very well-managed. The warehouse on the other hand is another story. They frequently screw up on our loads which makes us drivers look bad in front of our customers. Not to mention costing the company money in Lost sales. But even taking that into consideration overall it's a great place to drive a semi and the benefits are amazing.
Pros
It's a Teamsters Union job so the benefits are great and the pay is high
Cons
Having to fix the screw-ups of the people who loaded your truck
It was a very good place to earn money and advance in life just really stressful for the mind and body
Bakemark associate (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAAugust 7, 2018
The money was great i would pull in 700 to 1300 a week and not to mention life was great i had everything i wanted but time time is the most precious thing we have on our life and they needed to hire more people so individuals wont do 50 to 70 hours a week
Fun To work
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAAugust 1, 2018
Lots of Hours, Company still have old ways of working, no high tech system for picking or receiving. Took a while to get new equipment, still have a lot of room for improvement.
Very difficult place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAJuly 16, 2018
Good job. You always have to be on your toes. You will learn a lot more then expected. Typical job environment, it union, so a lot of complaining for employees.
fast paced, no life outside work, poor management.
Warehouse Worker(dry area) (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAJune 26, 2018
all i can say is that this company is that, NOT the company you want to work for. i thought women were the ones who only gossip around. in this place everyone finds out something new every 5 minutes. the leads have their favorites. they don't care about you. it's so called union but still be breaking all the laws possible. A Lead man their would talk bad to you and speak to some workers with very unprofessional language. this company needs help in every position. always moving people around you don't have a stable position here so don't get comfortable.
Pros
pay
Cons
poor management, favoritism, no life.
too many meetings
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 7, 2018
there were too many meetings and terrible work life balance. Sr management tended to micro-manage managers and employees, Recently sold to a venture capital company hoping that they will be able to bring positive financial performance and cultural change.
Physically demanding work - Long Hours - Overtime required Good Pay
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 22, 2018
Physically demanding work, expectation are stay until preplanned daily work is completed. Overtime is required, frequently work 12 or more hours a day. Productivity expectations are high, management is not generally supportive.
Best thing about the job is good pay.
Downside includes, numerous long term workers sustain back and shoulder injuries, at which point the company basically forgets about them.
Fast paced and repetitive
LINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAMarch 16, 2018
This was a good job however, I wasn’t used to the type of work there but it didn’t take long to catch on. As far as the he work environment it’s a majority male workspace with a higher ratio of Hispanic workers.
Fast passed multi tasking employment position
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 3, 2018
Start early am, uploading daily info for work, answering emails, traveling to see 10 or more customers per day, marketing adn selling products to customers, multitasking while driving 200 miles a day
Pros
ability of flexible schedule
Cons
very stressful with many variables beyond ones control
Great Company
Regional Credit Manager - West (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAFebruary 26, 2018
Excellent company to work. Stable company in business over hundred years. Unfortunately, recently purchased by private investment company resulting is some downsizing.
Pros
Excellent management team
Cons
Downsizing
Labor intesive! Good money. Stable job, once into the Company.
Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAFebruary 18, 2018
Hard work. Sweat. Challenging. Physically exhausting. Stressful delivery region: ca bay area.

Good pay/ excessive overtime! (Could earn between 90-100k in your first year!!) I did!!
Pros
Show up & drive / deliver.
Cons
You won't have any life left outside of WORK.
Good Company
Technical Sales (Current Employee) –  NationalDecember 22, 2017
I have had a very good experience with BakeMark. They are a good and up coming company. I like the travel and working with all types of customers on many different product catagories.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
dealling with airlines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BakeMark USA. Our community is ready to answer.