BakeMark USA Pay & Benefits reviews

lots of overtime
Order selector (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CADecember 21, 2018
Always working long hours and 6 day work weeks during the holidays. The wages are good because its a union job. and the benefits are paid by the company 100%
Pros
union job, benefits, and overtime
Cons
working long hours and mandatory 6 day work weeks.
Really nice place to work at n nice people throughout the company....
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIDecember 19, 2018
Everyone work well with each other.....we communicate with each other n help each other when needed to get our job done at a reasonable paced n time everyday.....
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Great place to learn and grow. It's a fast pace company
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CANovember 14, 2018
Usually work 8am-5pm daily. It gets really busy between October through December. Company treats the employees fairly. Good benefits and fair compensation.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Stressful at time
Quick pace, great pay
Night Lead (Former Employee) –  Fairfield,ohioAugust 20, 2018
Management needs work!! Other than that it was a fun place to work. Always had overtime and good checks. Off on holidays, and great work environment.
Demanding but well worth it
Commercial truck driver (Former Employee) –  Portland OregonAugust 8, 2018
As a driver I can say that management and transportation parts of the job are very well-managed. The warehouse on the other hand is another story. They frequently screw up on our loads which makes us drivers look bad in front of our customers. Not to mention costing the company money in Lost sales. But even taking that into consideration overall it's a great place to drive a semi and the benefits are amazing.
Pros
It's a Teamsters Union job so the benefits are great and the pay is high
Cons
Having to fix the screw-ups of the people who loaded your truck
Labor intesive! Good money. Stable job, once into the Company.
Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAFebruary 18, 2018
Hard work. Sweat. Challenging. Physically exhausting. Stressful delivery region: ca bay area.

Good pay/ excessive overtime! (Could earn between 90-100k in your first year!!) I did!!
Pros
Show up & drive / deliver.
Cons
You won't have any life left outside of WORK.
Bad hours, great pay
Operator (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNOctober 30, 2017
I was only there for the money. The hours suck unless you're single. There were weeks when we barely made 40 hours and weeks where we worked almost 60. Super inconsistent.
Pros
Make over $20 an hour with minimal education
Cons
They have ridiculously high standards.
unstable company
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 26, 2017
Company was recently purchased. Leading up to that layoffs were made. No pay raises were given in the nearly five years I worked there. Seems to be inequality in male vs female employee pay scale.
It was ok in the beginning
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 15, 2017
It was o k in the beginning the pay is good I just got over worked and I felt like they didn't care about the employee they just cared about getting the product out
Pros
Pay
Cons
Over work u
OK place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 9, 2017
The hours were very long. Over an eight year period there was a 3X increase in business with no increase in staffing. OT went from 5% to 30%. Luckily the crew liked the overtime.
Pros
the associates
Cons
management
demanding company
Office Supervisor/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJAugust 6, 2017
Very pleasant work environment, however sometimes its never enough for your extra hours and no compensation. sometimes stressful and demanding. very fast pace.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
underpaid, not compensated for additional hours
Restructure - Reorganization - Layoffs
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 27, 2017
Corporate management is poor; if your job performance is bad - you keep a job versus if you are doing well, you lose your job ... decent benefits but pay is on the low end
Well established brands in the industry
Director, National Accounts (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAJune 22, 2017
The hardest part of the job: maintaining consistency throughout the supply chain
The most enjoyable part of the job: working along side team members who were the brightest and most accomplished in the industry
Pros
Benefits, 401k, compensation
Cons
Workplace culture
Very demanding, and receiving late information to execute company initiatives.
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAApril 25, 2017
Start my day at 4am. Check emails and any additional orders that may have been texted or emailed to me. Leave the house with my daily plan and Goals for each customer that I see and to upsell them in that particular territory. Collected money when needed. I learned to organize and manage my time more effectively. Management can be a resource when needed. A very stressful work culture. Constantly being micro managed. Servicing my customers and helping us both win.
Pros
Flexable, 401K
Cons
Preach Team work but don't really practice it.Many departmental mistakes. Lack of sales support
Productive workplace, good HR
CDL A Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 5, 2017
The workplace was positive, fast paced and physically demanding. The customers were good people and the benefits were more than adequate.
Great pay, Great benifits, Fun peapleto work with
shipping receiving forklift (Former Employee) –  4701 valley ind. blvd. south Shakopee Mn.55379December 6, 2016
A typical day of work was getting paperwork ready for all inbound/outbound trucks for the day. Greeting drivers and putting them in a door. Matching company paperwork with driver paperwork, making any changes necessary. Putting product away in its area. Doing customer will calls, loading outbound trucks when needed. I learned how to do driver paperwork, giving orders to coworkers on a computer. Loading trucks using a pallet jack or forklift. Supervisor skills. Greeting and helping customers. Management was very helpful in all aspects of my job. Coworkers were easy to train and fun to work with. The hardest part of my job was doing everything I was responsible for with no mistakes. The most enjoyable part of my job was when we as a group did a great job together.
Pros
Great benefits, great peaple.
Cons
Short breaks
Selector
Selector (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJanuary 31, 2016
This is a job for those that aren't willing to work. Management was worried about moving up quickly rather than their hard workers. Its the typical American job where doing the bare minimum gets you noticed and kept in the business. The amount of product picked per hour was seriously a joke. There were guys who had two or more years there and wasn't picking the standard 113. Cleanliness and organization were a big problem at this place. I couldn't, understand as to why it passed OSHA regulations each year. Another issue was employees using chewing tobacco while working. I didn't quite get that part. Although the pay an hour can be great, it's only worth it when working 40 plus hours. There isn't an exact start and off time.
Pros
Pay, benefits.
Cons
Cleanliness, organization, management, and co-workers
If your looking for a job...I would keep looking
Driver (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WisconsinJuly 17, 2015
Management does not care about us driver's. Compensation pay is terrible compared to other food service driver's. Very unorganized. Turnover rate is extremely high.
Pros
insurance
Cons
horrible management, terrible pay, no communication
Very laid back lots of physical work but keeps you in shape
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FlMay 30, 2015
Been working for BakeMark for 11yrs, crazy as it may sound but I love it. Trained by BakeMark you can say I'm home grown very nice people and management great co workers
Pros
Benefits lots of work
Cons
Equipment
Current Path Leads to Disaster
Corporate Vice President (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAOctober 29, 2014
Was a good place to work unit purchased by a PE firm. Placed a new global CEO from outside the industry and is leading the ship over the falls. North America CEO got his promotion and sold his executive team down the river after he got what he was after.
Pros
Decent salary and work environment
Cons
Poor leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BakeMark USA. Our community is ready to answer.