Baker Distributing Company Employee Reviews

Productive and informative workplace
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 31, 2019
Baker is a great company with a "family" feel. They work to train you on the equipment and services offered with the company. I was trained and learned HVAC equipment and their functions
an interesting place for sure
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTMarch 14, 2019
if there's one thing that the place does well is it forces you to have great work ethic and teaches you to work with your teammates and the harder you worked you'd be praised
Not a good place to work
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 10, 2019
A difficult place to work as the actions of the management team do not match the words. The management cultivates an environment based on fear. While management would like you to believe that the company operates as a team, the opposite is true.

Bonus plans are changed mid year or not given until the year is almost over. The company makes expense reporting extremely difficult such that expenses go unpaid.

The "leadership team" operates under a different set of rules. This is very much do as I say, not as I do. I would not recommend Baker as a place to work.
What’s the fun in enjoyable place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 23, 2019
What’s the fun in enjoyable place to workGreat place to work fine and adorable real nice balls real nice customers great benefits good hours Also great trying to facility good management
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
One hour lunch
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2019
It is never the same day twice. The employees make the day interesting. I have learned a lot about the company. We started volunteering to help out with the community
Good place to work but slightly understaffed during employment
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAJanuary 3, 2019
A typical day included shipping/receiving H-VAC products including bulk pallets, freight, and parcels. As long as I was getting my job done management was kept to a minimum, and the general workplace culture was casual.

The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was expanding the warehouse space and personally planning and implementing item locations to the entire warehouse. It was extremely demanding physically and mentally as I had to manage doing my day to day activities while putting up shelving, planning item locations, and assign the locations in the system, but the end result was extremely satisfying and the process was some of the most fun and engaging work I've ever had.
little opportunity for growth
Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 23, 2018
Typical day working most everyone leaves at 6-7pm. I learned much about inventory. My manager and my assistant manager and co-workers were great. We were the smallest team however they made us feel as if our personal lives and families matter. There was no micro management and we were pretty close - which is why stayed as long as i did.
Pros
Inventory managers were the best
Cons
upper management and growth - few women in leadership
Dysfunctional and unstable
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 3, 2018
I have never been so miserable a job. There was no mentoring from management. I was bogged-down with paperwork not knowing how to even use the outdated software. The manager of the store would yell and throw things when angry. The staff were gossiping about one another and not taking accountability for their mistakes. I was happy to leave.
Pros
N/a
Just dont do it
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  North Clarendon, VTDecember 1, 2018
I've been a driver there for 4 years. They promise you changes to a route, promise better ways to do the job but nothing changes. They do not care about the people who sit outside the offices. The people who are the face of the company. The delivery guys. The CDL licensed drivers who drive in feet of snow for 5 months of the year. Negative temperatures and wind gusts that burn your face with cold air. You suggest something that is beneficial to not just you as a driver but the whole staff on the road and it gets ignored or forgot about. Just don't do it. Farrell Distributing is where to go if you desperately need to deliver beer.
Pros
Done around 3pm
Cons
Unlimited...trust me.
Exciting job and a great advancement for me.
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2018
Baker Distributing was a top notch company to work for. There was lots of travel, remote working, company meetings and client meetings. Baker was fast paced and I fit in well.
Pros
Travel
Fast paced warehouse environment with one awesome manager!!!
Loader (Former Employee) –  14610 Breakers Dr. Jacksonville, FlOctober 2, 2018
If you plan on working for Baker, do not come in with the mind set that you are going to be joy riding on your forklift all day. Let me tell you right now you will not. You will be running petal to the metal all day long making sure every order is picked, palatalized and wrapped then loaded in order to get home at a decent time, but there will be some late nights. We work as a team here at Baker. When one person is done with there job they move on and help the next person. Baker also has a great group of people to work with! That is the most enjoyable part of the job. Baker's manager also made my job more enjoyable. He was always there if needed to talk, and always had my back.
n/a
Warehouse & Driver (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXSeptember 19, 2018
This job was based off a system that if you were super friendly with the store manager than you will get away with leaving early and still get pad for your full 40 hours.
A good job for the right person!
Salesman (Current Employee) –  North Clarendon, VTSeptember 7, 2018
Salesman need to be patient with customers, requires a certain type of mentally to perform this job. Not for everybody! The company has a lot of bosses.
Pros
Work on your own
Cons
Some goals are non realistic
Not the worst
Warehouse Driver (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARAugust 5, 2018
It would be nice if they would quit advertising my job! I worked as a temp for 6 months and then was hired on.Its not the worse place to be sometimes the deliveries are hard due to location.
Pros
Steady schedule
Cons
Low pay
Dock Worker
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 4, 2018
NIce place to work, the coworkers very friendly long hours very cold and or very hot, will work for them again if I dint have to move to Georgia. good luck to anyone wanting to work here.
Layed back in the winter and busy in the summer
Counter Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 27, 2018
I enjoy working with the customers and doing my job which is whatever needs to be done. Working in the wearhouse is hot but is one of my favorite spots, I get to drive the forklift and move heavy items. The showroom is were we keep motors and copper fitting and other peices that are used on an a.c system, we also sale ice machines and parts.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Work thought lunch in the summer
You learn
warehouse / counter sales (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJuly 2, 2018
I did like working their because you got to learn a lot about refrigeration and a/c and what it takes to fix and repair them and you get to become friends with your customers.
Counter Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 27, 2018
Good place to work. They tell you they offer a counter incentive program which is a bonus given to counter employees based on the quarterly bottom line profit. Don't expect to actually receive it. Upper management and corporate take too long to get simple task done such as new products needed at a branch and correct pricing for customers. Overall not a bad company to work for.
High stressed with below ave in pay
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAMarch 8, 2018
inventory control, Daily task like morning paperwork from the day before. ordering parts and equipment, prepping for the annual audits. and schedule deiliveries
Pros
enjoyed coming to work for my employees
Cons
being on call 24hrs a day
Excellent
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 5, 2018
I hate to leave Baker, they have been amazing to me and are very thoughtful and helpful to their employees. They have been helping me find a place to work as well in Michigan and have been supportive every step of the way which is very difficult to come by. I would recxomend everyone I come by in Florida, Georgia or NC or Texas area to find a Baker Distributing and put a application in! It will be the best decision you ever make!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Distributing Company. Our community is ready to answer.