Baker Hughes Incorporated
70Average
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

United States3,282 reviews
Found 3,282 reviews matching the search
I enjoyed working there, but it was during the "Bakken boom". Everything was in rush mode and information was all e-mail or DM. I was never really sure if I was doing things right or wrong, but when I asked, I was just told to keep doing what I was doing. The trigger for my resignation was the lack of work expectations for others having political advantage and seniority.
Pros
Merit is noticed and rewarded.
Cons
Seniority and politics tainted work equality.
If you mess up you have to worry for 9 to 1 months to wait on HR to terminate you. There’s no warnings or write ups just straight discharge. I had an 5 star safety records and one mistake cost me my job.
Pros
Cons
I could go on and on
A systematic removal of all legacy Baker Hughes employees . The new Baker is all GE . It’s no longer a company that cares for its employees. It’s unfortunate as the legacy Baker was an awesome place to work
Work life balance was tough for me. I worked a lot of overtime and being salaried, it made it very difficult. I would happily work for them again though as they took good care of me financially.
Typical day ay work: It used to be an excellent place to work with, but the top management makes the region a mess.
Management: Very tribal environment.

Workplace culture: Zero diversity acceptance for ex-pat and minorities.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Lack of Guidance from Top Management
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Good job and benefits . Enjoyed the work life balance. Uncertainty of oilfield was biggest drawback and sales team was subpar for getting us work. I overall liked my job ,wish i was still there
Great company, 401k & healthcare. I was challenged to achieve perfection & as a team we succeeded. I was given an opportunity to grow & learn from first class machinist.
Pros
Over time is not mandatory but available
Cons
No raises for three years
Huge company with operations everywhere. Main focus on technology is high-end targeting offshore and international work, understandably so. As with most comparable companies, when the O&G market is good, Baker is good, when down, re-orgs layoffs, and the dark cloud hangs over. But I had good training, great benefits, lower pay than others but everything is relative. I enjoyed and am appreciative of my time there.
Pros
Cheap, quality insurance coverage, Employee stock program, 401K match, Strong brand
Cons
Big company, a lot of middle management, frequently changing strategies
Customer oriented daily! I learned multiple oilfield chemical applications!
Management job had some stress to it!

Laid back culture, as long as customers were taken care of!

Keeping management happy with adequate sales!

Worked around and learned from some very exceptional people!
Pros
Benefits and Bonuses exceptional!
Cons
Big Company Mentality Too many Rules
I worked wireline as an operator, Baker Hughes was always bring in different engineers for me to work with when I was the only knowledgeable operator. This ran me into the ground. The engineers that were brought in were sub par at best. I routinely was fishing with these engineers. My last year there I was on five different jobs that turned into fishing.
Pros
Operators, my engineer, and equipment
Cons
Everything else
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Baker Hughes Incorporated?
Great company, great benefits. Oil and gas is tuff industry to work in. Sometimes decision making is difficult with such a large company. Poor roll out of initiatives.
Trabaje muy a gusto allí con muy buenos amigos y todo el personal
Baker Hughes is good place to work with people , have nice trucks to operate , good benefits .ad good safety standard .wish BH still here in near basic .
Pros
Cons
BH not here any more, miss the job
Most of my difficulties were with an unfortunate manager and a lackluster team. However from what I witnessed and was exposed to in other product lines, most teams were supportive of each other and had good management.
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Baker Hughes. The company was dedicated to their employees and truly seemed to care. They were fair and family oriented.
Programmers work very well together at this company. Cool and dark atmosphere the way CAM programmers prefer. They encourage training on related skills for your job.
Pros
comfortable cubicles
Cons
not enough bathrooms
Terrible company to work for. They will use you to their gain then dispose of you the moment work slows. They will then try and rehire you and start you out at your original salary.
Cons
I would feel better if they didn’t cut 100% of our salary to save money and yet not cut salaries for anyone else in the company, at the same time they wouldn’t let us change our insurance elections so if we haven’t worked in a while we will be paying Baker Hughes to go to work just to catch up on our insurance, I wanted to cancel all insurances but they wouldn’t let me. As a field service engineer we are the front line to the customers, as they keep preaching, but we are the first ones they cut, now I really understand how Baker Hughes feels about the people in the field that are away from home most of their lives, living on fast food. In all of my years working field services and through all the ups and downs I have never seen a company like this cut field service engineers. We had a meeting, they guaranteed we, US employees, would be the first ones used for jobs in the US. That was a lie they are still bringing in Mexicans and Italians while we sit at home starving, the lady running our division is from Mexico and the second in charge is from Italy, so go figure. Wish we could do I something about it but I looks like we only have one choice.
Pros
I love the work
Cons
They never have done what they said they’ll do, shame on them.
Baker Digital Technology has the most political people. The HR director is really a mean nasty lady who is good for nothing. She has the most inefficient HR management I have seen in my 25+m years of career. She is vindictive, and rule by fear. There's an admin in the department and she acts above the CEO and extremely rude and mean. This place runs like a mafia.
Good but lacking vision and employee development and management support. Folk feel isolated but this is typical in a big company but would hope for better leadership
Pros
Stability
Cons
Lack of future focus
this was the best place to work for, everyone was treated like family, I learned a lot from each and every employee. a very understanding boss. benefits were great
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Hughes Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.
2K
1.9K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Baker Hughes Incorporated.