Baker Hughes Incorporated

Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

United States3,453 reviews

Found 3,453 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,623 reviews

Always Changing

Revolving org with people and leaders changing, which poses a challenge to long term vision and goals. Long lead time on decision making, which causes issues down the line.

Pros

People

Cons

People

So so company.

Baker Hughes in general is a good company. Management and HR prevent it from becoming a great company. HR allows Management on the spot policy changes with unlimited back dates.

Baker Hughes Incorporated insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Not much room for advancement

There was not much room for advancement/career progression even mentioned to managers. Work was fast paced and highly reactive and sometimes required us to be on-call.

Pros

good health insurance, 401k

Cons

lower than industry pay, lots of work

Good company to work for

you will work long hours but be rewarded with good pay and benefits. The oilfield is not for anyone but if you stick it out it will reward you with a great career.

productive and fun work place with a habit of under paying and over working employees

Baker Hughes/RS, like many companies, was effected by covid and the great resignation. However, where many companies adapted to the times and offered competitive salary and work life balance, RS management took the opportunity to cut head count and increase remaining employee workloads. In addition, RS does not offer annual cost of living/market raise adjustments. Pay is entirely based on years at the company, and independent of initiative taken or personal growth within roles.

Good company to work for

Enjoyed my time with Baker Hughes before the industry slowdown. Long hours and a lot of time away from home. Often traveled out of state but they were good about honoring scheduled days off.

Pros

Good compensation

Cons

Rigorous schedule

generally okay

I was a little bored and wanted more to do but it's a good company. A little bit of hands on work for the interns will give them relevant experience to get stuff done rather than assuming they can handle so little. Other than that the general work environment is great with caring supervisors.

Job Security

Throughout the downturns and pandemic my job was safe. Benefits are very good. Advancement not so much. Management definitely could use advice and training.

Poor management. Favoritism rules the shop.

The Pay is not worth the stress level. Management is spineless and upper management does not support those that project strength. No support for accountability from anyone at any level!

Management is the worst I’ve ever seen

If you’re looking for good management who cares about their employees this is not the job for you.. keep looking I promise you’ll find better. Management ruins it.

Pros

Liked the job itself

Cons

Poor management .. no advancement ...broken equipment

It was a great company to work for

I enjoyed my 6 years there and wouldn’t ever be against going back. But being oil you only get back as much as your willing to put in. Used to be some of the best benefits before ownership changed hands so many times.

worst management

Traveling a lot offshore and Interstate, Rotating, shift not much of a time to spend with family. Even though you gain all the knowledge and experience in oil and gas there is no promotion due to bad management, they only promote whom they like even without any experience.

Stressful

Does not care in the least about any of their employees. No job security at all. No promotion, no office support. Quick to retrench employees, with no reason.

Pros

Travel

Cons

No job security

Great Place to work.

Great Place to work. I really enjoyed my time here and loved the people I worked with. Wish I was still there. Management was very good and there was a lot of work to be done at the plant.

Pros

People

Cons

Big Company Red Tape

Good benefits not so great pay

401k is good. Unlimited time off is nice. Pay raises don't happen often and pay isn't equal to what else is out there currently. People are great though.

Pros

401k, unlimited time off

Cons

Not enough pay raises, pay seems better elsewhere

A productive and good work place for leaning. Suitable for progression and a great team building company with history of of accomplishment

A good company to work for with a great benefits and greater opportunity to progress within the company. I felt good with the way the communication was set up. Effective communication helped to aid the deliverables and consolidations.

Excellent

Excelente empresa , buen ambiente laboral, muy Buenos ingresos economicos

Very challenging. Get to work with all types of people, from professional to roughnecks (the backbone of the oilfield).

41 years with Baker Hughes has been a very rewarding experience. I would do the same job again if I were to do it again.Best in class training. You get what you put into it. Chances for travel and advancement.

Pros

Professional yet casual.

Cons

Very stressful long hours. Not a job for anybody.

I felt like a real important member of your company

I would not hesitate to recommend employment at this firm. It was a very comfortable place to work and I felt right at home. I had various Warehouse duties as well and I also drove a forklift

Pros

I was My Own Boss

Plenty of work to go around

Job was fun. Never a dull moment. Work/Life balance could be better. Oil field is a monster that never sleeps. Management could do a better job of supporting staff.

Pros

Lots of work

Cons

Lots of work

It was a pretty good place to work

It was a good place to work. It was like being on a roller coaster though, real busy for a few weeks and not in others. I enjoyed working with the people I did mostly.

Pros

Cons

Buddy buddy system in place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Hughes Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight