Baker Hughes Incorporated

Found 29 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,563 reviews

Baker Hughes Incorporated insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Delayed pay

Baker Hughes will request more and more from you but with nothing in return. It takes an employee to complain until they finally increase your pay. Some employees have left the company waiting for a raise.Terrible employees are treated the same as good employees. The good employees are asked to pick up the slack while the bad employees get shifted around.

Not totally trust worthy / good managers

Not totally trust worthy / good managers remote areas company / industry is driven by oil prices which is beyond stressful if you are new to the industry

It’s ok

Not good not bad but it’s ok. Decent paycheck but the out of town work kinda sucks for home life. You get a minimum of 40 a week so you at least know you will have some money coming in.

Baker was one of the best companies out there I would recommend it to anyone great job great career.

I work for baker Hughes for almost 10 years. I really enjoyed my time with them . Tay are a great company and I would jump on the opportunity to go back in the future highly. I recommend the company to anyone that gets the opportunity you won’t regret it.If you are a driven person highly motivated and a hard worker that’s looking for a challenge.

we were always had a new location to go to work at

we always got travel an seen new things and areas , and they were always on top of providing us with training and advancements with in the company. if you ever needed to speak to any management they were there and they would listen to any onions people have as far as the work place was concerns.

Pros

at the time work was stesdy

Cons

California put a stop to fracing so they closed down

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Stable

Stable company to work for. I learned chemical engineering principles, inventory management, data driven sales techniques, interfacing with the customer in biweekly meetings, oil field principles.

Pros

Stable

Cons

Lack of advancement

Had a very high stress job

Was on call 24/7. Hard to have a family life. They paid very well for the sacrifices needed to fulfill my job requirements . There benifits were the best I have ever had.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Always on call and working away from home

great place to work and gain experience

Baker Huges is a great place to work. During my time with BHI I learned a great deal about oilfield services and products that the company has to offer. I would recommend BHI to anyone who would like to broaden their oilfield knowledge.

Great fellow employees

Great work environment with expert experience. Chemical division has the most competent people in the business and the best to learn from. Local resources were above the competition making it a first in class level supplier to their customers.

Pros

Solid experience

Good company to work for

Good place to work. Good benefits. GE strives to be a leader in the Oil and Gas Industry, so they are always looking to expand and buy new businesses, This can cause a lot of turmoil when the business keeps getting reorganized. I have enjoyed my time at GE Oil and Gas, if you have worked for a large corporate company then you are aware of the challenges that exist.

Pros

Good compensation

Active and fun workplace

The job itself was fun and allowed you to be active on a daily basis. Had a good mix of desk, shop, and field work to keep you on your toes. The only downfall was you had to get lucky to get a good manager.

Not a Career, more of a Job.

Some employees were great, others were not. Plant Management needs work. Left for different opportunity but didnt work out. Will not go back to baker

Pros

Home every night. Not physically demanding.

Cons

Workplace culture wasn't positive. Management rarely there. No beneits.

Professional Company and great team work

Enjoyed working with my crews, learned a lot in the field, was a good company to work for, and i would recommend to others.

fun place to work

BHI fun place to work. Not only fun but you were taken care of, family time was the priority. Most enjoyable was everyday was not the same, different day brought other challenges.

Pros

Famly Time, Trainings, and listen to concerns

Cons

Big cooperation cant compete with mom and pop companies

Excellent company while jobs were in the verizon

It is has been a pleasure and a honor to work in this company for 15 years. I grow up as a person and as a professional while I worked for Baker Hughes. People very professional and that was the working culture I got during that time. Unfortunately, the times changed and we have no more jobs to perform in California, I was Retired due to the Reduction of the Working Force on Nov 09, 2015.

Pros

Excellent culture of hard work and responsability.

Cons

n/a

Good career for the extremly flexible individual

Expect to be sent all over the country. Expect great training and good benifits Forget about hollidays with your family. Forget about any type of social life. You will love the work and hate your employer. You will progress at your managers discretion regardless of what you are told.

Pros

per diem, company credit card, health insurance.

Cons

NO breaks, No family time. You are not valued

Productive and fun environment

It was a very nice place to work in. Everybody was positive and professional. I wouldn't had left if it wasn't because they layed me off.

Pros

Treated with respect.

Cons

Lower pay than other companies.

Excellant

My time at Baker Hughes was very rewarding and enjoyable. My co workers and supervisors were professional and friendly. The high end tools we used were the industries finest and advanced. I Look forward to getting rehired when thins pick up.

Great Work Environment

Great safety and service culture. Unfortunately purchased by Halliburton so the future is unclear. Management is competent and opportunities for advancement are abundant, however the Halliburton acquisition puts this in doubt.

Great company!!!

Excellent company to work for and great opportunity for job advancement. Downfall would be the merging with Halliburton and layoffs.

Good when it's good, bad when it's bad!

Decent company with a very challenging schedule. On call 24 hours and sometimes, undesirable weather conditions. Good money when the rig count is high but very hard to make a living during slow periods.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Hughes Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1K
2K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight