BAKER INDUSTRIES, INC Employee Reviews

A good place to try and rebuilt your work experiences.
Assembly Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAMarch 28, 2018
Working at Baker Industries was a pleasure. The management team works well with everyone. The environment can be difficult at times when dealing with people who are in a work release program. Overall a very positive experience.
Pros
Paid Lunches, Assembly work, Basic training
It's (mostly) a great place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  MacombFebruary 16, 2018
Let me start by saying- The company itself is great. The owners take pretty good care of their employees. They buy us pizza sometimes, doughnuts, give us an extra 15 minutes of lunch, and allow us to work flex time (work when you want when they're open as long as you get your hours in) They like to promote from within and train their employees to do their job.
However, I will say that Baker sometimes employs people without experience. Which can be very good, or very bad. There are people in the group I worked with who were "in-charge" of other who lacked any sort of professionalism. To the point where I started looking for new jobs. It's all about who knows who, and you can be very bad at your job, but get promoted because of who you know.
Actual managers are great. Very understanding, patient, and easy to work with and work for.
I know other places pay more than Baker. A few people have left to make more money elsewhere. Pay is okay here.
We are on mandatory overtime all year, and sometimes even more hours than normal depending on workload.
Pros
Longer lunch break, good company, flex time
Cons
Coworkers, mandatory overtime
Rewarding career
Fabrication foreman and C.W.I (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MINovember 29, 2017
I have been fortunate enough to land at Baker Industries after a 15 year career of jumping from shop to shop. Baker is a great place to work. If you are a dedicated hard worker you will be rewarded with opportunities. I have seen countless good employees move up into good positions and do very well for themselves. This is one of the last great places to work in this trade where you still have a name and not just a number.
Pros
Great pay, experienced management. Booming location.
Great place to work grow and learn about cutting edge fabrication and welding.
Welding Inspector (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MINovember 21, 2017
Enjoying being a part of this team, very professional and knowledgeable guys who are all about quality fabrication of complex tooling. Laid back management and supervisors who are very helpful but at the same time alllow me to do my job. They’re Fab shop is big and spacious and well equipped to complete the tasks at hand, great crane systems, air conditioning, top of the line saws and welders, nice big fab tables and its also equipped with good ventilation (which is rare). Hope the future is as bright as the present seems.
Pros
Unlimited Hours, A lot to learn, Great team
Cons
Can’t show off the work i do due to its nature.
Positive work environment
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Macomb County, MINovember 21, 2017
Work environment is positive, safe and balanced. The benefits and pay are great and the management is great compared to other places I have worked. There is plenty of room for advancement and I feel secure that I can take care of my family and make a career here at Baker Industries.
Pros
Great benefits, Great pay, Upper management
Cons
Hours can be long during busy season
Frat house
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 13, 2017
Many lies to start my position which were realized later. Claims of an elite aerospace shop while collectively they were very inexperienced. i say collectively because of their close nit group who were all young and arrogant. Tight with consumables. The most racist and melancholy establishment ive ever worked. Best part was pay but they offer high dollar to get some knowledge in there. most welding is best shop practice.
Educational
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 30, 2017
The job at bakers was helpful the management was the worst the were to underhanded and they had there picks i enjoyef working there kusr wish it could have been under different management
Pros
Love the hours
Cons
Supervisors
I loved working here but unfortunately it was only temporary
Maintance Worker (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MISeptember 15, 2017
I worked a temporary position with this company. I was bummed when I heard they weren't looking for any full-timers. The job was the only job I've had where they cared about the quality of your work and not on how fast you can get it done
Pros
Slow paced
Cons
No full time position
Stress-free work zone
CAD Detailer (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MIAugust 2, 2017
Baker design group had a laid back and relatively stress free work environment. The office is pretty dark; to reduce strain on your eyes from looking at a computer monitor 10 hours a day. I have nothing bad to say about the job after 3 years. I would recommend investing in a desk lamp if you want to work here lest you will have a hard time reading paperwork early morning or on cloudy days.
Pros
Stress-free work zone, quiet, paid-holidays and vacation time
Cons
only 2 10min cigarette breaks, lunch unpaid
A job to help pay somr bills
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19132May 24, 2017
Working with people that have bad work habits.. I learn that to stay out of the negative behaviors . Mangement is okay the hardest part of my day is listening to all the negative things going on around me.. The enjoyedable part is getting off.
Pros
Getting a pay check
Cons
No room to advances
Assembly products
Warehouse Associate/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAMarch 29, 2017
My job would be getting the products ready for the employees and teach a shorter method to get the job done and they thank me for teaching them new skills to make their lives easier.
productive and fun workplace
fixture builder upgrader (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MIMarch 6, 2017
Flexible start time full benefits 401k room for growth and good learning environment family oriented hands on management owners working with lockheed Martin Boeing Space X NASA
Good Company
Dock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAMarch 5, 2017
Typical day at work is processing goods and merchandise from the warehouse to the sales floor. I learned how to unload the truck and make the furniture and other merchandise in a timely manner.
The workplace culture was diverse and everybody displayed great teamwork by helping each other out in order to complete the task at hand.
The hardest part of the job beating the dead time schedules.
The most enjoyable part of the time was pleasing the customers.
Pros
Great team members to work with.
Cons
Short breaks
Really good clean shop to work in.
CNC Programmer (Current Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIFebruary 7, 2017
Good place to work very clean shop with excellent equipment to work with. Tough tolerances and difficult materials to work with. Shop is temperature controlled and comforitable to work in during the summer or winter.
Fast paced working enviroment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 8, 2016
Material handlers work in warehouses and production facilities to move products. This might mean finding materials on the shelves and wrapping them and putting them on a delivery truck, or pulling materials off the truck and putting them in the proper shelf spot.
Non profit
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PASeptember 30, 2016
Working with this company will allow you to give back to the community, this position allows you to network with different people, places and organizations, tjis position teaches you team work and the ability to connect with the public this is a great place to advance.
nice
Account Manager/Business (Current Employee) –  Township of Macomb, MISeptember 7, 2016
I believe you teach someone everything you know so that they can leave but you treat the the best so they never will leave, happy employee good for business
enjoyed working with my felleow associates
assembler (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PANovember 25, 2015
I learned how to work with public, trained new associates. delivered orders to local nursing homes, trained for lower level management
Very Productive and Positive Place eto work for
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Malvern PASeptember 2, 2014
I am always learning new things, meeting new people and it is a very relaxed and comfortable place to work
Pros
Everyone is friendly and willing to help
Cons
No Health benifits
Good Hourly Pay with Weak Management
Tool Designer (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MIMay 17, 2014
This is a design and build tooling facility for the aerospace and automotive industries. My responsibilities include designing molds, trim fixtures, assembly tools, lifting devices and carts along with providing CAD support for different departments throughout the company.
This is a privately owned company has gone from 1 building to 4 within a 2 year time frame. This growth in square footage has lead to major gaps in management and communication between the 4 buildings. There is no actual HR department, so issues that cannot be discussed with your immediate supervisor must be brought up with the owners. I see and deal with a lot of wasted time and thus take on others' responsibilities to get work done by customer deadlines. Though I do appreciate the good pay, opportunities to move up in the company and flexible start time, I often find myself getting frustrated over inefficiencies and watching other workers getting paid the same for less effort.
The owners and upper management have family members that run many of the departments, and are very secretive about day to day operations. They have been known to implement policy changes without proper notifications to the employees, change rules in the employee handbook and provide exceptions to employee rules for family members.
Though there are not many lay offs when work is slow, there are extreme fluctuations in the number of hours I am expected to work week to week. Hours range from 40 hours up to 70 hours if the work is required. Though overtime is paid after 40 hours, overtime is 1 1/2 your normal pay and double time
  more... is never paid no matter how many hours you work.  less
Pros
Good Hourly Pay, Flexible Start Time, Job Advancement
Cons
Poor Management, Secretive, Extreme Fluctuation in weekly Hours, No Double Time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAKER INDUSTRIES, INC. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2