BAKER INDUSTRIES, INC Employee Reviews

No good deed goes unpunished.
PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MIOctober 9, 2018
There is a lot of nepotism in the workplace, if you are not related, good luck. It is rare to get all departments in kickoff meetings to develop manufacturing plans, this in turn causes a lot of poor attitudes when decisions down the road need to be made.
Not Very Professional
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MIOctober 8, 2018
Very little feedback from management, culture very negative. promised training but never really happened. Upper management however was very professional.
Pros
heathcare, 401k
Cons
culture
It could be a fun fast pase job
Factory/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2018
I really did not care for the job that is why I did not stay I just wanted out, so I decided to seek other employment that when I ran somewhere else other then that I really do not have anything else to share about this job
Pros
There really was none
Fast paced
CMM Programmer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MIJuly 31, 2018
Currently work at Baker is a fast-paced environment not too much room to advance overall a good place to work paid vacation days and Insurance 401k really clean shop
Pros
Clean shop paid lunch good benefits
Cons
N/a
good place
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2018
good company for people who need help. baker industries is a non profit work force development company who provides an opportunity to grow. It helps those with disabilities, addiction issues and reentering society from incareration.
A good place to try and rebuilt your work experiences.
Assembly Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAMarch 28, 2018
Working at Baker Industries was a pleasure. The management team works well with everyone. The environment can be difficult at times when dealing with people who are in a work release program. Overall a very positive experience.
Pros
Paid Lunches, Assembly work, Basic training
It's (mostly) a great place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  MacombFebruary 16, 2018
Let me start by saying- The company itself is great. The owners take pretty good care of their employees. They buy us pizza sometimes, doughnuts, give us an extra 15 minutes of lunch, and allow us to work flex time (work when you want when they're open as long as you get your hours in) They like to promote from within and train their employees to do their job.
However, I will say that Baker sometimes employs people without experience. Which can be very good, or very bad. There are people in the group I worked with who were "in-charge" of other who lacked any sort of professionalism. To the point where I started looking for new jobs. It's all about who knows who, and you can be very bad at your job, but get promoted because of who you know.
Actual managers are great. Very understanding, patient, and easy to work with and work for.
I know other places pay more than Baker. A few people have left to make more money elsewhere. Pay is okay here.
We are on mandatory overtime all year, and sometimes even more hours than normal depending on workload.
Pros
Longer lunch break, good company, flex time
Cons
Coworkers, mandatory overtime
Rewarding career
Fabrication foreman and C.W.I (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MINovember 29, 2017
I have been fortunate enough to land at Baker Industries after a 15 year career of jumping from shop to shop. Baker is a great place to work. If you are a dedicated hard worker you will be rewarded with opportunities. I have seen countless good employees move up into good positions and do very well for themselves. This is one of the last great places to work in this trade where you still have a name and not just a number.
Pros
Great pay, experienced management. Booming location.
Great place to work grow and learn about cutting edge fabrication and welding.
Welding Inspector (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MINovember 21, 2017
Enjoying being a part of this team, very professional and knowledgeable guys who are all about quality fabrication of complex tooling. Laid back management and supervisors who are very helpful but at the same time alllow me to do my job. They’re Fab shop is big and spacious and well equipped to complete the tasks at hand, great crane systems, air conditioning, top of the line saws and welders, nice big fab tables and its also equipped with good ventilation (which is rare). Hope the future is as bright as the present seems.
Pros
Unlimited Hours, A lot to learn, Great team
Cons
Can’t show off the work i do due to its nature.
Positive work environment
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Macomb County, MINovember 21, 2017
Work environment is positive, safe and balanced. The benefits and pay are great and the management is great compared to other places I have worked. There is plenty of room for advancement and I feel secure that I can take care of my family and make a career here at Baker Industries.
Pros
Great benefits, Great pay, Upper management
Cons
Hours can be long during busy season
Frat house
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 13, 2017
Many lies to start my position which were realized later. Claims of an elite aerospace shop while collectively they were very inexperienced. i say collectively because of their close nit group who were all young and arrogant. Tight with consumables. The most racist and melancholy establishment ive ever worked. Best part was pay but they offer high dollar to get some knowledge in there. most welding is best shop practice.
Educational
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 30, 2017
The job at bakers was helpful the management was the worst the were to underhanded and they had there picks i enjoyef working there kusr wish it could have been under different management
Pros
Love the hours
Cons
Supervisors
I loved working here but unfortunately it was only temporary
Maintance Worker (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MISeptember 15, 2017
I worked a temporary position with this company. I was bummed when I heard they weren't looking for any full-timers. The job was the only job I've had where they cared about the quality of your work and not on how fast you can get it done
Pros
Slow paced
Cons
No full time position
Stress-free work zone
CAD Detailer (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MIAugust 2, 2017
Baker design group had a laid back and relatively stress free work environment. The office is pretty dark; to reduce strain on your eyes from looking at a computer monitor 10 hours a day. I have nothing bad to say about the job after 3 years. I would recommend investing in a desk lamp if you want to work here lest you will have a hard time reading paperwork early morning or on cloudy days.
Pros
Stress-free work zone, quiet, paid-holidays and vacation time
Cons
only 2 10min cigarette breaks, lunch unpaid
A job to help pay somr bills
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19132May 24, 2017
Working with people that have bad work habits.. I learn that to stay out of the negative behaviors . Mangement is okay the hardest part of my day is listening to all the negative things going on around me.. The enjoyedable part is getting off.
Pros
Getting a pay check
Cons
No room to advances
Assembly products
Warehouse Associate/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAMarch 29, 2017
My job would be getting the products ready for the employees and teach a shorter method to get the job done and they thank me for teaching them new skills to make their lives easier.
productive and fun workplace
fixture builder upgrader (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MIMarch 6, 2017
Flexible start time full benefits 401k room for growth and good learning environment family oriented hands on management owners working with lockheed Martin Boeing Space X NASA
Good Company
Dock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAMarch 5, 2017
Typical day at work is processing goods and merchandise from the warehouse to the sales floor. I learned how to unload the truck and make the furniture and other merchandise in a timely manner.
The workplace culture was diverse and everybody displayed great teamwork by helping each other out in order to complete the task at hand.
The hardest part of the job beating the dead time schedules.
The most enjoyable part of the time was pleasing the customers.
Pros
Great team members to work with.
Cons
Short breaks
Really good clean shop to work in.
CNC Programmer (Current Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIFebruary 7, 2017
Good place to work very clean shop with excellent equipment to work with. Tough tolerances and difficult materials to work with. Shop is temperature controlled and comforitable to work in during the summer or winter.
Fast paced working enviroment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 8, 2016
Material handlers work in warehouses and production facilities to move products. This might mean finding materials on the shelves and wrapping them and putting them on a delivery truck, or pulling materials off the truck and putting them in the proper shelf spot.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAKER INDUSTRIES, INC. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about