Baker Places, Inc. Employee Reviews

My experience
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 28, 2018
BAKER PLACES is one of the best employers that i have had, the program director @ my time of employment was very good at his craft. My supervisors were great and were very good teachers. I will referrer any of my friends to this company especially with the great benefits which is important, also there is a hire bonus and the job is Union.
Pros
Good work space, free lunch, care and concern for your well being
Cons
Not all but some some supervisors can be difficult
Great Non Profit
OFFICE MANAGER / EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Baker Places helps people with Substance abuse, mental health, aids and HIV status, residential living, detox center and independent living....
I manage the central office with a culturally diverse crew, whom I love.
The hardest part of this Job is not room for advancement and the struggle of income, living in the Bay Area...
Pros
Great please to help people
Cons
low salaries
Good experiencing for Mental health training
Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 19, 2017
Responsible for dual diagnosis clients and, Performed interviews, intakes, discharges, treatment planning, administrative duties for clients referrals and working with healthcare and housing contacts , working with judicial courts and other agencies, and referrals to other levels of care.
Pros
Assisting clients with mental health challenges
Cons
Limited by budgetary constraint
Poison
Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 2, 2017
This place doesn't not care about the employees. Staff is abused by management and clients. It's like being on the battlefield all day. Staff deals with a lot of mental abuse.
Pros
Time-off
Cons
Management is ghetto and treat their staff like they are beneath them, Cut-throat environment among peers
Not my favorite place to work
Relief Counselor (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAFebruary 7, 2017
I enjoy working with Baker Place when I started back in 2005. Over the years, things has changed and some of the Manager can use some professional training. If you're looking for a part time job I am sure you'll be hired if you meet the basic qualification.
Pros
Always hiring
Cons
horrible managers
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 21, 2016
Very fast paced work environment with loving staff and clients, There is always work to do and being a multitasker is a must.
Very challenging and hard to work with Mental Health people
Housing & Entitlement Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 29, 2016
Fun and excitement to work with various ethnicity and deal with chronic and profound mental health problem, substance abuse, HIV/AIDs disease
Pros
Staff's work hard and help each other.
Cons
No overtime
great place for people recovering from dual diagnoses
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 26, 2016
great staff, interesting clients, multiple homes to work in, multidisciplinary approach. Good experience.Intro positions available.
Challenging environment, though rewarding
Relief Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 22, 2015
Worked with clients that were working on a variety of mental health challenges. Provided interventions with clients when necessary. Co-Workers were extremely pleasant and reliable. Management was severely lacking; negative attitudes, lack of presence, histrionics, and hyperbole were the norm.
Pros
We could make a free meal if we desired with the kitchen.
Cons
Lack of structure, lack of training.
The mission of the company is good, but run as a top down organization
Program Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 10, 2013
I worked there as a residential program manager. It was very demanding as managers were on call 24 hours a day and the staff was informed to call the managers at any time during the night or day if there was any conflict.

Want to know more about Baker Places, Inc.?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Places, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about