Baker Tilly Virchow Krause Employee Reviews

Review
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 9, 2018
It was a fantastic place to work! All my colleagues were professional and treated everybody with respect. Couldn't have asked for any place better than BT.
3 Months Gone Still Having Nightmares
Staff Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 11, 2018
Can't get the thought of the horrific management and the toxic culture out of my head. The culture was fine when I started but spiraled out of control
Pros
Pto
Cons
Culture, Pay, Hours
Great seasonal employer
Seasonal Tax Support - Tax Form Preparation (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 10, 2018
As a seasonal/temporary employee you are treated very well and not like second class citizens as some places do. They appreciate you and work with you for the hours you can work and even if you need a brief time off like doctor appointments. They do expect you to be timely and work as much overtime as you can during the peak season you are hired for. Pay is market rate for the position you fill. You are invited back if you are a good fit. Free meals 2-3x a week during peak period. Can get medical insurance during the time you are there and can participate in 401k if desired.
Pros
Wish I could work there permanently but don't have accounting degree
Cons
Work load is not predictable so absolutely set hours not possible, but that is the nature of the seasonal work.
Great Internship
Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 12, 2018
I highly recommend Baker Tilly for an internship not only did I learn so much more then I ever did in college, it was a lot of hands on working which was very beneficial to me. They are an all around great company with a great motive. They treat their employees amazing and are always having get togethers to make work more fun.
Pros
Alot of benefits
Cons
Alot of long hours
Typical accounting firm
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 9, 2018
My time at Baker Tilly was fine. I feel like I kind of got a raw deal from the get go. I was given a PC who had a foot out the door and was retiring. I didn't feel like I was over worked much, but I did feel I was underpaid. At the end of the day I was let go suddenly without warning. I don't think its a bad place to work just more of the same as far as public accounting goes, for less money. I thought the culture was really good. I also thought management does a nice job of sticking to what they preach.
Pros
Cons
Compensation, Long hours
Typical day at work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2018
A typical day was normal with emails to be answered reports to be run some days were hectic from start to finish. Overall each day was a typical work day.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Work station areas
Worst place I have ever worked
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 10, 2018
Overworked, underpaid and treated like a disposable diaper. What can I say. If you want to work 60 hours per week for less than most people can survive on and watch managers leave early and nitpick every little thing you do, then, by all means. Apply at this horror show.
Fun, yet professional work place
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 3, 2018
Baker Tilly is a great accounting firm that is doing great things for itself in terms of company advancements. Culture there is good and the staff are very friendly.
Cons
Long hours during tax season
Fun place
Para Professional Audit and Financial Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2018
Good company to work with, team players, stress full in busy season. Many departments to work with. Fun place, free lunches happy hours, good benefits
Pros
Happy hourq
Cons
Stressful
The organization needs to improve its work envireonment
Senior Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 13, 2018
1. Work environment
2.Technology needs to become a part of the culture
3. Widen the spectrum of clients
4. Build a better working environment
5.Provide technical training to staff
Cons
Not a good place to work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 6, 2017
Everyone was nice to your face, but not behind your back. Long hours and poor management. Pay was good, but work life was miserable. Overworked and underappreciated.
Relaxed workspace with friendly people
Government Contractor Advisory Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VASeptember 27, 2017
The work wasn't necessarily the most thrilling and it was very niche oriented, but the people who you worked with were extremely friendly and hardworking.
Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAAugust 1, 2017
Internship experience was exactly as advertised. The people are great and went out of their way to make sure we felt welcomed as interns. Everyone was very helpful in answering questions. Got great exposure to life as an auditor and worked on meaningful projects. Pay was really good as well.
Large public accounting firm.
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2017
My personal preference. I am not comfortable working within large organization. Poor work/life balance especially during tax season. High employee turnover.
Good for the Start of Your Career
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 24, 2017
Great place to start your career, but advancement is limited without CPA. If you are young and want to work this is a nice place to be. Be prepared for more than one busy season and doing a variety of tasks as staff employee.
Pros
Pros: Flexibility, Good pay
Cons
Cons: long hours, high turnover, low morale
You need to suck alot to advance you career.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 21, 2017
No Job security. Managers and Seniors are not trained in dealing with peers. Too much favoritism. No diversity at all. HR is not objective and independent. Fool there clients by over charging by putting unnessecary low quality time. No work life balance.
Pros
You need to become favorite in order to attain any pros from the firm. However, they pay fine.
Cons
No Job security, Managers and Seniors are not trained in dealing with peers, Too much favoritism, No diversity at all, HR is not objective and independent.
great co-workers
Validation Technician (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 20, 2017
great work environment, pleasant co-workers
supplied lunches for weekend workers - a plus
easy drive to location
department supervisor was knowledgeable - gave helpful outlines and presentations for job details
productive
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 4, 2017
casual work environment, open door policy, flexible work hours, health dental benefits, vacation, vanpool, gym, free coffee
Company is a great place to work.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wormleysburg, PANovember 12, 2016
Wonderful company with a great culture and diversity. My co-workers are warm and wonderful people and it is a pleasure to work with them everyday. I would recommend it to anybody.
Typical accounting firm, fun people to work with for the most part.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 13, 2016
Expect long hours, pay does not equate to work. Need to invest more time into training and employee development. Management expects a lot but is tentative for pay raises etc.
Pros
Environment, benefits
Cons
Pay, workload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about