Baker Tilly Virchow Krause
60Average

Baker Tilly Virchow Krause Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA16 reviews
Busy, stressful, fast paced with a high turnover rate in my department. If you weren't part of a certain crowd it was difficult to move ahead. It takes more than coming in and being good at your job to succeed.
A typical day at work includes several meetings, and work on a variety of clients. The work is fast paced and you have the opportunity to work on a variety of clients and projects, and with a number of different team members.
Good work environment to gain technical knowledge. Lack of diversity.
Quick promotion if you work your hardest especially during the busy season.

Prepare to work long hours
I did the Spotlight Program with Baker Tilly Virchow Krause and it was great. I learned more about consulting and improved my case study presentation skills. Everyone that I met was very friendly and informative about the company.
I like working at BT. I've found great flexibility and my manager is awesome! I've learned so much within a year than all my friends at Big4 combined. The hours can be long but from first Friday happy hour to office wide events, the firm truly try to keep its people happy.
Pros
free lunches/dinner/drinks
Cons
long hours during busy season
Job seekers rely on your experience.
The work wasn't necessarily the most thrilling and it was very niche oriented, but the people who you worked with were extremely friendly and hardworking.
Internship experience was exactly as advertised. The people are great and went out of their way to make sure we felt welcomed as interns. Everyone was very helpful in answering questions. Got great exposure to life as an auditor and worked on meaningful projects. Pay was really good as well.
Strong environment. Good work/life balance. Great culture and co-workers. Highly recommend for any business to work with this firm or any prospective employee to work at this firm.
great work/life balance, job advancement is sometimes slow. If you are not a practicioner, much different set of rules/job advancement and security apply.
No work/like balance during busy season. Don't make any internal mistakes, very long hours during busy season and then barely work off season - high to low immediately. Some Managers can be critical about you to others but smile in your face.
Pros
Busy season food catering - to keep you in office working
Cons
Don't make any innocent mistakes - grueling work schedule
From my experience this firm has very good real estate clients in the DC metro area. There are definitely opportunities if you enjoy clients and work in this are. There are also other industry opportunities available.
Baker Tilly is a great place to work if a person can handle the long hours. There is opportunity for growth and learning. The partners of the firm truly want everyone to succeed. The most difficult part of the job are the hours and the stress associated with the demands. This often leads to difficulty finding the work/life balance. The most enjoyable part of the job is the inclusive team atmosphere and the appreciation shown by the firm. There are many team building events and perks.
Pros
Many perks, off site team events, meals, busy season extras.
Cons
The long hours and stress.
I was only an extern at Baker Tilly, which was a two day program to get a feeling of the culture and see what the staffs had to go through day to day. We did a case study in where all the externs were split into groups and we had to present the case at the end of the day to a partner. It was a great experience and everyone there was very helpful.
My day at Baker Tilly began with a conference call with the executive I supported (a review of his schedule) and also his inbox.
As my day progressed there were constant telephone calls from clients wanting to speak with the executive. It was mandatory for me to prioritize messages and keep the executive informed.

Aside from the above, based on client needs, I would proactively draft business letters or forward calls to other associates to be resolved.

If there were business meetings in the office I would order breakfast or lunch (set up or break down) as needed.

Most of my day was organizing meetings and transferring calls to the executive when he was between meeting (driving to the next meeting or on his way back to the office).
Pros
Extremely team oriented environment.
Cons
Deadline oriented environment.
Baker Tilly is a good public accounting firm. I learned all about auditing real estate and construction clients.
This was a interesting company to work for, I had the opportunity of expanding my skills.