Baker University Employee Reviews

Great Place!
Registrar's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSMarch 27, 2018
Loved working at Baker while attending college. Would strongly suggest it to those that are currently attending the University. Some of the best experiences of my life.
Pros
Fun
Good benefits, horrible job
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSJanuary 26, 2018
If you want to work hard for no money but good benefits, then this is the place. You are treated bad, and people are back stabbing and trying to cut each other down.
Productive and good environment
Assistant Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSJanuary 24, 2018
A typical day at work includes a lot of data configuration. The environment is very positive yet the job itself is not very fulfilling. This job would be more enticing if more money was given.
Not very many are happy working at Baker
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSNovember 29, 2017
The only good things about Baker is the pto, and other benefits.
They’re extremely unfair when it comes to hiring or advancement.
Pay is terrible and there have been several years of no raises. For 2017, we got a whole 2% raise after going 2 years without a any kind of a raise. Yet, the president can get extremely nice, large TVs that cost more then my monthly income and the professors get all the Xmas bonouses while the staff gets $50 that’s taxed.
I hate working at Baker and I’m ready to find new employment where my hard work is valued and I’m compensated for that hard work.
Benefits
Cons
Watching people that have no experience get the job you’ve been subbing for for over 6th
Good Place to Work
Admissions and Transfer Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 2, 2017
Baker has excellent benefits and mediocre pay. They are moving to a more corporate structure and business style, rather than that of a higher education institution. The people I work with are excellent and the atmosphere is relaxed and balanced.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers
Cons
Salary, focus on money over education
Senior Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSSeptember 23, 2017
Productive and fun workplace. Loved working with current students and prospective students and their families. Every day was full of excitement and energy. Lots of school spirit.
Pros
Working with students, families, alums, and faculty.
Cons
Low salary.
Baker University
Face to face Lecturer, Critical Thinking (Current Employee) –  KansasSeptember 22, 2017
Baker is like most higher education institution: they take advantage of a flooded workforce of over educated scholars to teach as adjunct lecturers. There is little motivation to continue on to a Phd because loans are so high.
good
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSSeptember 3, 2017
This was a school job. I would recommend attending Baker and getting a job on campus while attending school. this job was talking to alumni over the phone and getting donations for the school
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
worked to coordinate summer camps for various activities
Summer Conference Intern (Former Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSJune 14, 2017
worked with soccer, cheer, football, wrestling camps to coordinate room assignment track of keys as well as managing an entire building of 150 guest at a time.
Pros
good work experience let me work on my own
Cons
hours
great job, low pay
employee (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 18, 2017
I left because I was underpaid and was unable to meet my financial goals. If not for that, I would have never left. Was very happy with my team, my boss, my job, and the culture.
Productive workplace
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Athletic departmentMay 3, 2017
I was a student athlete that had a job. A typical day included me going into practice early in order to help set up and assist taping, I would then participate in practice.
Productive and fun place to work
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSDecember 15, 2016
Baker University has an environment like no other. There are the most helpful people on this campus that would drop anything to help out a friend. I have learned so much here and would give it five stars on every review.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Expensive
Where are the morals?
Assistant Coach/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSDecember 12, 2016
There were several instances where I questioned the morality of the University. Instances where I felt situations should have been handled with more urgency.
Low wagws
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 26, 2016
I have worked as an adjunct and the pay at Baker University is slow and not very competitive. The University seriously needs to re-evaluate its pay schedule, specifically for adjuncts.
Pros
Dedicated teaching adjuncts
Cons
Low pay, University slow to pay
Baker
Hepdesk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSSeptember 13, 2016
For the most part, working at Baker is okay. The students make every day there worth it! The department that I am in does not have any room for advancement.
Pros
The students
Cons
Short staffed
Fun and hard-working staff, competitive environment
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSMay 23, 2016
My typical day at Baker University consisted of arriving to work around 7 a.m. and breaking down game films of opponents. I learned valuable information about how to deliver information to a supervisor. I had to manage my time in order to get all tasks done in a timely manner. Working in an office with multiple personalities was something I valued. The hardest part of the job was having to juggle all of my players personalities and trying to get everyone in the right position at the right time. The most enjoyable part of my job was building relationships with players, co-workers, and family of the players.
Pros
Free Lunch, relaxed dress
Cons
Long work days, sometimes 12 hour days
Great place
MBA Student (Former Employee) –  Baldwin City, ksMarch 22, 2016
Baker university is a great school. Professors are very helpful and the administrative staff is responsive. I learned a lot.
Pros
flexible schedule
Campus Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSNovember 1, 2015
This job was very easy, and fits perfectly into a busy work schedule if you are looking to make some extra cash on the side for books, BU clothing, or maybe drinks for the weekend.
Enjoyed working with other instuctors to improve the course
Adjunct Teacher (Former Employee) –  OnlineAugust 31, 2015
I worked as an online instructor teaching technology to teachers. The course was a 6 week, 3 credit master level course discussing issue, ethics and instructional techniques for the k-12 classroom. I worked on Blackboard and Moodle to set up and monitor the class. The students learned how to use google tools and other software programs such as prezi and youtube to present to the students in the class. A discussion board was set up to develop dialogue in which students were required to post their reaction to different topics. I really enjoyed teaching online and working with the other online instructors.
Pros
Could work on your own schedule
Cons
Students worked on their schedule which made end of the course grading intense
Great place to work,staff and faculty easy to get along with and proffesional
Custodian Worker (Current Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSAugust 12, 2015
I clean 3 bldgs. I vaccume,clean and sanitize restrooms, dust sweep and mop clean labs and classrooms, I have become a better worker as it is a pleasant environment to work in interacting with the young adults on campus is a joy.The hardest part of my job is summertime when the kids aren't around campus
Pros
some free lunches
Cons
wages, health care