Baker Victory Services Employee Reviews

Thankless
Overnight Aide (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYMarch 13, 2019
For minimum wage the job is fine, however this is the only place of employment I have heard of where overnight staff doesn't make at least 50 cents more than minimum. Further, you are expected to sell your soul to the organization. Favoritism is blatant and once on the job help is few and far between unless you land a good morning staff. Plenty of overtime opportunities....
Pros
overtime
Poor Management
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 20, 2019
Lots and lots of stuff swept under the rug. This place is Way too much personal drama. Management extremely poor in houses. Stay away-they attack and fire people for no reason, except that the staff likes them.
Pros
Outings/Food
Cons
Pay rate sucks
not for a mom
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYJanuary 14, 2019
This is not for a person whom have a family. This is for a single person that have no responsibilities of a spouse or child(ren). If you have a family you will loose them working with this company.
Pros
the money is good
Cons
mandating you no matter what
unorganized and stressful
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 13, 2019
I loved working with and assisting my individuals. I enjoyed taking them on outings and bonding with them but the management and the way things were ran was very unprofessional and unorganized
A complete mess
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYJanuary 11, 2019
If this is your last result for a job, go for it. If not, please keep looking. Fresh out of college I seen the Teacher’s Aide position was open, but the position’s name was deceiving. No teaching involved, just 3 person take downs on the children everyday along with looking out for your own safety. The only good thing here is the pay and getting to know the children. I didn’t understand why the turnover rate was so high, but after 2 weeks in, I seen why. I felt more like a correctional officer than a teacher aide.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
No breaks, no help from management, constant take downs on the children
Excellent place to work
Executive Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYDecember 7, 2018
The work is challenging, yet rewarding. Although there is significant staff turnover, the HR Department works tirelessly to fill gaps to prevent disruption in client service. The CEO is very attuned to the needs of the staff and families, always putting them as the priority.
Great support from seasoned BBHS
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYDecember 3, 2018
Management is something to be desired. The word support is just a cliche. Not much support training and development is given, only through the season vets. A lot of pointing fingers, no genuine appreciation. The clients run the program and are fully supported, which makes turnover very high.
Pros
make you pay
Cons
no support
Good job for workplace experience
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 2, 2018
Not that bad of a place for a student fresh out of college or young person looking for their first full time job. A typical day at work is approximately 10-12 hours working with about 5-10 at-risk youth on average doing daily tasks such as taking/picking up from school, serving meals, working on homework, doing bedtime routine, etc. The hardest part of the job are the long hours and potential verbal/physical aggression you may get from the kids when they are stressed. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely being a part of these kids development and helping them get to the next phase in life.
Pros
Overtime hours, Benefits, Great coworkers, Ability to gain experience in OCFS field
Cons
no lunch break, low pay for the work you're doing, mandated overtime hours, understaffed, no job security
decent place to work
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYDecember 2, 2018
difficult job but a decent place to work the company values the employees. company provides training for the employees and you actually feel like you made a difference at the end of the day.
A Great Place to Work
Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 11, 2018
As a teacher aide for special ed preschoolers everyday is a collaboration of the classroom team to care for and teach our students basic skills they will need for kindergarten. I have a teenage son who has special needs so I have extensive experience that I can share with the team. Our workplace is very relaxed, but structured for the safety of everyone. There can be challenging days due to the fact all our students have different special needs.
Pros
major school vacations off (ex: Christmas vacation, Easter vacation)
Cons
not getting paid a great wage for all that we do
Worse job ever
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYNovember 6, 2018
Horrible management/workplace. Never will work there again! Been there for a year and I hated every moment of it. Management is incompetent and poor..
Pros
Overtime
Cons
they dont get the balance of work and family
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYNovember 4, 2018
only worked at BVS for a short time and from the beginning they completely lied to staff. they where pulling staff into different positions after only one week and no training. staff is supposed to get days off but with the mandatory overtime you might as well say you get no days off. they don't honor the fact people have families and staff gets burned out and need a break. they try to butter staff up with saying it's noting but money to get in all the overtime but who cares when your never home with your family. I would only suggest this job to a person who has no family and is single other than that this job does not care about there employees.
Pros
to much overtime
Cons
no time for self and family
backer
Therpay Aide (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYOctober 27, 2018
Not a well put together place of business. It's many people not always on the same page as they should be. There many departments and areas to work it all depends on the people in them.
Pros
nothing
Cons
not enough staff
A real mixed bag
Withheld (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYSeptember 27, 2018
I work in a pretty nontraditional role at the agency (in fact, I don't think I've seen any reviews from people in my position), so my view is pretty unique. BVS actually has a generous PTO package (even with some recent cuts) and exceptional insurance, with free dental. My immediate supervisor was amazing, but as with most positions upper management tended to be out of touch with the realistic demands on the position. I have heard tales of robust politics in the agency, but haven't experienced any. I do know that opportunities for advancement for me were non-existant. The agency is in financial dire straights due to prior financial mismanagement and there have been at least two rounds of layoffs that I know of. My position is pretty secure, as far as I know, because we're a significant money maker for the agency, but a lot of long time people lost their jobs. Turnover in many departments is enormous and there is a lot of discontent.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Typical out of touch upper management, zero real opportunity for advancement
Overworked for little pay
Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYAugust 8, 2018
If you need a job right away to make some money for now then this is the job for you. I would not recommend this job for long term. Upper management is an absolute joke along with the union. You have to endure so much including the constant mandatory overtime because they are constantly losing people and they can never keep anyone. Working overnights is easy it is just the wear and tear on your body from working overnight, all the overtime and the management that sucks.
Pros
always overtime
Cons
no lunch breaks, little pay, management is terrible
The overall day was busy and stressful and a lot of activity based programs
Recreation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NY 14218August 8, 2018
My day started out by going to work at 12 having either a meeting or doing paperwork, and meeting with my co workers to see what the day is going to intel from our rec schedule. Then the kids get back from school and the day officially begins. We have Rec from 4-5 then dinner and then another rec activity outside or in the gym from 6-7 and then quiet time and chores for the kids and bed at 9. After the last rec the therapists go back to their offices and figure out the plan for tomorrow.
Pros
Abilty to run around and play sports
Cons
super stressful, and have to be a constant alert for your safety
Direct support professionals
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYJuly 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Baker Victory overall.
I believe that if they increase what they pay to loyal workers it would encourage people to stay longer. But also continue to provide quality care at a high level. It’s not a job for just anyone. It takes a special person to have enough compassion and patience to work in the human service field.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Mandating past schedule shifts as if people don’t have other responsibilities.
great place to work
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYFebruary 14, 2018
great place to work, great people to work with, great benefits.... low pay.
company offors many opportunities for growth and expansion.
manager was great and attentive
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low pay
beware
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYFebruary 9, 2018
Mismanagement has company in dire straights financially. Uncooperative and back-stabbing staff whose focus is on hanging onto their jobs, rather than for the good of the agency and its mission - which is upon the clients that they should be serving.

As with numerous other professionals there before me, I am looking to move on from here. Hopefully you will do your due diligence before seriously considering to apply here.
Pros
Genereous PTO
Cons
Pettiness within staff and management, overworked and unappreciated is a common theme across all disciplines here.
No Caring Agency. Upper management could care less about the individuals and will not hire people to give the proper care needed.
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYJanuary 22, 2018
Worst agency ever. They take from the individuals to give raises to themselves. They don’t even acknowledge the individuals or those people as they are referred to when they walk into a house. I have never seen more in caring people in my life. If only the families knew how their loved ones were being treated.