Baker Victory Services Employee Reviews

great place to work
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYFebruary 14, 2018
great place to work, great people to work with, great benefits.... low pay.
company offors many opportunities for growth and expansion.
manager was great and attentive
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low pay
beware
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYFebruary 9, 2018
Mismanagement has company in dire straights financially. Uncooperative and back-stabbing staff whose focus is on hanging onto their jobs, rather than for the good of the agency and its mission - which is upon the clients that they should be serving.

As with numerous other professionals there before me, I am looking to move on from here. Hopefully you will do your due diligence before seriously considering to apply here.
Pros
Genereous PTO
Cons
Pettiness within staff and management, overworked and unappreciated is a common theme across all disciplines here.
No Caring Agency. Upper management could care less about the individuals and will not hire people to give the proper care needed.
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYJanuary 22, 2018
Worst agency ever. They take from the individuals to give raises to themselves. They don’t even acknowledge the individuals or those people as they are referred to when they walk into a house. I have never seen more in caring people in my life. If only the families knew how their loved ones were being treated.
Cons
Learning & developing relationship with disabled adults & family.
RN Staff Nurse and Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NY 14218December 28, 2017
Most enjoyable was being an advocate for patient & development of relationship with family. Hardest part of job was seeeing patient decline in health.
Pros
Seeing patients on regular basis, management was actually accessible
Cons
Staff was difficult to work with.
poor place to work
mhs (Former Employee) –  bakerhall schoolNovember 27, 2017
the worst place to work the management have no control of that place and are all not real and just there for the money not the kids. they have the kids running that building. management don't back the staff up in anyway shape or form. they act like they appreciate your work but don't care about their workers
Pros
free food
Cons
terrible management
I have never seen a more poorly run agency. It is very sad. It appears that the caring for individuals does not exists in all management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Martin roadNovember 12, 2017
Poorly run. Too much greed. The only thing that matters to upper management is $$$ and not the lives of the individuals. It’s very sad this agency use to be very prominent until the new VP Of the DD division took over and brought her friends in and moved people around or fired them so she could get raises.
rewarding and always changing for the better!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYNovember 12, 2017
Love what we do and the opportunities BVS gives us to better the residents lives as well as our own. Benefits are amazing and the culture is always changing for the better!
Pros
benefits and room for advancement
Cons
staffing issues
Different
Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna,NySeptember 5, 2017
Working with this company.Alot has change since I've started.Soon as you get comfortable change happens.So depending on the department you're in.Try to make the best of it.
Pros
Working with kids in all walks of life.
Cons
Classrooms being switched every year.
Great as a first time job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 1, 2017
The clients are the best part of Baker Victory Services. You really fall in love with them. A typical day consist of helping prepare dinner, doing laundry, helping make lunches for program the next day. Helping with showers.
I felt like the job made a difference in me, it was a pleasure.
dca (Former Employee) –  New York StateJuly 11, 2017
Most importantly I know that in my faith, We all as his creation have a purpose in life. Honestly if I do my best in serving my higher power, and use what he has given me for the betterment of mankind, than I feel fulfilled. My joy was working with those, whom life may have offered some challenges to, and truthfully challenges face all of us. Yet to ease something , or to bring a smile to one's day, just giving and , or getting a calm, is the blessing I'am truly thankful for.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
long hours, little time with my children
Baker victory summary
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYJuly 8, 2017
Baker Victory is a great starting job, management is what makes the job great! The hours and the pay aren't that great but bonding and getting the experience with the youth is priceless ! I loved working with the population I dealt with.
Stressful
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 11, 2017
Stressful not enough pay for all the things you have to do , benefits are good and paid time off , suck time but not worth it,. I have been here for a couple months and already looking to relocate ,.
great job
Direst Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYApril 19, 2017
Baker victory was a fun job. It was a great experience to have such a positive effect on these individuals life. I loved my clients and I loved going to work every day to worked directly with them.
Pros
free food outings
Cons
Long days very stressful
good place to work
Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYApril 13, 2017
Very caring for individuals receiving services. Good to staff. Worked with BVS for a few years and enjoyed my time there. I left d/t move out of area. The staff were happy and the individuals were well taken care of.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
mandatory work situations
Summary
Educational Aide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 7, 2017
Great place to work and people there are amazing and very helpful. Everyone truly works as a team, and every one is willing to help whenever necessary.
Great work environment and fun people to work with and consumers are beautiful and awesome.
Therapy aide (Former Employee) –  Ridge road, Lackawanna nyDecember 10, 2016
Great staff and beautiful job to work with consumers, it's a job that gives back and help others by assisting and working together in a safe fun environment for the greater good of people. So in saying that, great job Bakers Victory for the Amazing work you've been doing for years and the emprovement and changes to help maintain a warm and safe fun living for your consumers.
Just terrible
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYDecember 2, 2016
Terrible place to work, poor management. They put the workers and kids in unsafe positions due to inadequate staffing. Required to work 25 or more overtime hours a week to avoid mandation. They burn you out and don't care about employees.
Pros
Cons
inadequate staffing, no breaks, long hours, mandatory overtime, poor management, poor treatment of employees
scary mid management; incredible dishonesty in leadership
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  group homeJanuary 31, 2016
Group home teams of DSPs are hard working and we help each other out to get the job done. Managers are all over the place; one really good one, one that does absolutely nothing and expects staff to work doubles and come back after six hours off-just stupid. Lots and lots of stuff swept under the rug. Way too much personal drama. Management extremely poor in DD houses. Stay away-they attack and fire people for no reason, except that the staff likes them.
Pros
DD residents
Cons
dishonesty, really lousy management
fulfilling working with the residents
DSP/Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYDecember 10, 2015
I worked as a direct care for 6 years and advanced to an LPN and worked for another 6 years. The job was rewarding, and staff were great to work with. Lower management were very considerate and help, but i cant' say the same about higher management. because they have no consideration for individual employee work ethics and years of service. They only listen to their peers and not investigate and ask staff's co-workers.
Pros
great staff and residents
Cons
upper management discrimination
enjoyed working with all the clients
Direct Suppoet Profesioanl (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYSeptember 15, 2015
Work with individual who have developmental disabilities and Mental health disabilities. Was very supportative of clients and advocate for clients at work and home settings.