Baker Victory Services Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Executive Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYDecember 7, 2018
The work is challenging, yet rewarding. Although there is significant staff turnover, the HR Department works tirelessly to fill gaps to prevent disruption in client service. The CEO is very attuned to the needs of the staff and families, always putting them as the priority.
Great support from seasoned BBHS
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYDecember 3, 2018
Management is something to be desired. The word support is just a cliche. Not much support training and development is given, only through the season vets. A lot of pointing fingers, no genuine appreciation. The clients run the program and are fully supported, which makes turnover very high.
Pros
make you pay
Cons
no support
Good job for workplace experience
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 2, 2018
Not that bad of a place for a student fresh out of college or young person looking for their first full time job. A typical day at work is approximately 10-12 hours working with about 5-10 at-risk youth on average doing daily tasks such as taking/picking up from school, serving meals, working on homework, doing bedtime routine, etc. The hardest part of the job are the long hours and potential verbal/physical aggression you may get from the kids when they are stressed. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely being a part of these kids development and helping them get to the next phase in life.
Pros
Overtime hours, Benefits, Great coworkers, Ability to gain experience in OCFS field
Cons
no lunch break, low pay for the work you're doing, mandated overtime hours, understaffed, no job security
A Great Place to Work
Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 11, 2018
As a teacher aide for special ed preschoolers everyday is a collaboration of the classroom team to care for and teach our students basic skills they will need for kindergarten. I have a teenage son who has special needs so I have extensive experience that I can share with the team. Our workplace is very relaxed, but structured for the safety of everyone. There can be challenging days due to the fact all our students have different special needs.
Pros
major school vacations off (ex: Christmas vacation, Easter vacation)
Cons
not getting paid a great wage for all that we do
Worse job ever
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYNovember 6, 2018
Horrible management/workplace. Never will work there again! Been there for a year and I hated every moment of it. Management is incompetent and poor..
Pros
Overtime
Cons
they dont get the balance of work and family
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYNovember 4, 2018
only worked at BVS for a short time and from the beginning they completely lied to staff. they where pulling staff into different positions after only one week and no training. staff is supposed to get days off but with the mandatory overtime you might as well say you get no days off. they don't honor the fact people have families and staff gets burned out and need a break. they try to butter staff up with saying it's noting but money to get in all the overtime but who cares when your never home with your family. I would only suggest this job to a person who has no family and is single other than that this job does not care about there employees.
Pros
to much overtime
Cons
no time for self and family
backer
Therpay Aide (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYOctober 27, 2018
Not a well put together place of business. It's many people not always on the same page as they should be. There many departments and areas to work it all depends on the people in them.
Pros
nothing
Cons
not enough staff
A real mixed bag
Withheld (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYSeptember 27, 2018
I work in a pretty nontraditional role at the agency (in fact, I don't think I've seen any reviews from people in my position), so my view is pretty unique. BVS actually has a generous PTO package (even with some recent cuts) and exceptional insurance, with free dental. My immediate supervisor was amazing, but as with most positions upper management tended to be out of touch with the realistic demands on the position. I have heard tales of robust politics in the agency, but haven't experienced any. I do know that opportunities for advancement for me were non-existant. The agency is in financial dire straights due to prior financial mismanagement and there have been at least two rounds of layoffs that I know of. My position is pretty secure, as far as I know, because we're a significant money maker for the agency, but a lot of long time people lost their jobs. Turnover in many departments is enormous and there is a lot of discontent.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Typical out of touch upper management, zero real opportunity for advancement
Overworked for little pay
Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYAugust 8, 2018
If you need a job right away to make some money for now then this is the job for you. I would not recommend this job for long term. Upper management is an absolute joke along with the union. You have to endure so much including the constant mandatory overtime because they are constantly losing people and they can never keep anyone. Working overnights is easy it is just the wear and tear on your body from working overnight, all the overtime and the management that sucks.
Pros
always overtime
Cons
no lunch breaks, little pay, management is terrible
The overall day was busy and stressful and a lot of activity based programs
Recreation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NY 14218August 8, 2018
My day started out by going to work at 12 having either a meeting or doing paperwork, and meeting with my co workers to see what the day is going to intel from our rec schedule. Then the kids get back from school and the day officially begins. We have Rec from 4-5 then dinner and then another rec activity outside or in the gym from 6-7 and then quiet time and chores for the kids and bed at 9. After the last rec the therapists go back to their offices and figure out the plan for tomorrow.
Pros
Abilty to run around and play sports
Cons
super stressful, and have to be a constant alert for your safety
Direct support professionals
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYJuly 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Baker Victory overall.
I believe that if they increase what they pay to loyal workers it would encourage people to stay longer. But also continue to provide quality care at a high level. It’s not a job for just anyone. It takes a special person to have enough compassion and patience to work in the human service field.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Mandating past schedule shifts as if people don’t have other responsibilities.
great place to work
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYFebruary 14, 2018
great place to work, great people to work with, great benefits.... low pay.
company offors many opportunities for growth and expansion.
manager was great and attentive
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low pay
beware
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYFebruary 9, 2018
Mismanagement has company in dire straights financially. Uncooperative and back-stabbing staff whose focus is on hanging onto their jobs, rather than for the good of the agency and its mission - which is upon the clients that they should be serving.

As with numerous other professionals there before me, I am looking to move on from here. Hopefully you will do your due diligence before seriously considering to apply here.
Pros
Genereous PTO
Cons
Pettiness within staff and management, overworked and unappreciated is a common theme across all disciplines here.
No Caring Agency. Upper management could care less about the individuals and will not hire people to give the proper care needed.
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYJanuary 22, 2018
Worst agency ever. They take from the individuals to give raises to themselves. They don’t even acknowledge the individuals or those people as they are referred to when they walk into a house. I have never seen more in caring people in my life. If only the families knew how their loved ones were being treated.
Review of BVS
Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYJanuary 13, 2018
Good Place to work for . Flexibility . Working for handicapped individuals is very rewarding. Able to work all shifts. Excellent benefit package. I would highly recommend.
Learning & developing relationship with disabled adults & family.
RN Staff Nurse and Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NY 14218December 28, 2017
Most enjoyable was being an advocate for patient & development of relationship with family. Hardest part of job was seeeing patient decline in health.
Pros
Seeing patients on regular basis, management was actually accessible
Cons
Staff was difficult to work with.
poor place to work
mhs (Former Employee) –  bakerhall schoolNovember 27, 2017
the worst place to work the management have no control of that place and are all not real and just there for the money not the kids. they have the kids running that building. management don't back the staff up in anyway shape or form. they act like they appreciate your work but don't care about their workers
Pros
free food
Cons
terrible management
I have never seen a more poorly run agency. It is very sad. It appears that the caring for individuals does not exists in all management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Martin roadNovember 12, 2017
Poorly run. Too much greed. The only thing that matters to upper management is $$$ and not the lives of the individuals. It’s very sad this agency use to be very prominent until the new VP Of the DD division took over and brought her friends in and moved people around or fired them so she could get raises.
rewarding and always changing for the better!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYNovember 12, 2017
Love what we do and the opportunities BVS gives us to better the residents lives as well as our own. Benefits are amazing and the culture is always changing for the better!
Pros
benefits and room for advancement
Cons
staffing issues
Different
Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna,NySeptember 5, 2017
Working with this company.Alot has change since I've started.Soon as you get comfortable change happens.So depending on the department you're in.Try to make the best of it.
Pros
Working with kids in all walks of life.
Cons
Classrooms being switched every year.