Bakers Square Employee Reviews

Spray and pray.
Dish Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 16, 2019
Work wasn't difficult, but it fluctuated between almost no guests and a full house. Especially during the holidays when people are lined up out the doors and around the corner waiting for pies.
Pros
Simple job
Cons
More then half the staff sucked
Just a job
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Clive, IAApril 12, 2019
No room to grow, and a lot of promises not kept. Hours fluctuate too much. The bosses were very good, just not consistent. They were understanding about needing time off, but there was no PTO available and the benefits were so bad that it wasn't worth paying for them.
great conversations
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 9, 2019
as dishwasher did dishes replaced and put away took out trash swept moped floors and cleaned bathroom. watched and kinda saw on slow times days how cooks made things and could have learned tips and lessons, did extra cleaning sometimes.
Pros
surverys or food drinks free
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Wilmette, ILMarch 27, 2019
Would recommend to anybody. Management team was very warm and welcoming yet worked hard. The staff was friendly and became more like family. The culture breeds success.
Friendly and social place to work
SERVER & HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMarch 24, 2019
A typical day at work would include serving customers in our designated sections and ensuring every guest was happy with the provided service. I learned that it's more important to make sure the customer is happy in a disagreement than making sure I was right. When I first started working at Bakers Square, I thought the restaurant was poorly managed but improved once knew managers were brought in. The workplace culture is very friendly and upbeat. The majority of the coworkers got along with each other and the customers. The hardest part of the job was feeling underappreciated by managers at the beginning of my time working there. The most enjoyable part of the job was the actual work. I truly enjoyed serving guests their food and making sure they were satisfied with the service and meals. I wanted to ensure that I could be the server that guests enjoy being around and appreciate.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, discounts on food
Cons
Breaks were not guaranteed
Good money as a server.
Server/Cash host/Baker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMarch 20, 2019
Good money as a server. Some server very greedy when it came to tables. Management could use some improvement. Servers didn't always roll their silverware or complete side work, which made it hard on me as a closer.
Pros
50% off meals before, during and after shift. 30% off entire check off the clock.
Cons
management showed favortism.
Making friends at work
COOK/PREP COOK (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNMarch 15, 2019
I wasn't necessarily one to go out of my way to make a lot of friends, but the people at Bakers Square are very nice and easy to talk to. I have definitely met some good people.
Pros
50% off meals after a shift, fun people
Slow
SERVER TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMarch 5, 2019
The business was nice in the beginning. This was a stepping stone waitressing job. I loved collecting cash. I saved quite a bit of money compared to the amt. Of money I was making part time at a minimum wage rate, within the same amount of time of work load.
Bakers Square is AMAZING
Serverserver (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILDecember 24, 2018
I don’t know where I would be if it wasn’t for the square . I am so sad I had to leave for college and there is no BS in Oshkosh . I would definitely recommend anyone working there!
Loved working in the prep area at my own pace!
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 11, 2018
I absolutely loved working for Bakers Square. I was the prep cook and worked days. I was able to listen to my own music and work at my own pace in my own little prep area. The staff was great including my managers.
Pros
My day went as smooth as I planned
Cons
No real break but I didn't really need one
great place
LINE COOK (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 30, 2018
cook clean sanitize hard work ethics team player we are as strong as are weakest link saying that there is know I in team and we put all in what we got.
What you expect
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNNovember 19, 2018
It was your typical food service industry job. We learned how to properly prepare food, clean up, do dishes, etc. Management wasn't concerned about getting people out on time despite having children that needed to be picked up from single parent homes. Coworkers other than management were great to work with most of the time. The hardest part of the job was not getting out on time. The most enjoyable part was the cooking.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not getting breaks when supposed to, not getting off when supposed to
It was fun for a first job
cashier/server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 25, 2018
I really enjoyed this job. I think I the management could’ve been better though. Overall it was a good job and the tips sometimes was great! And the labor wasn’t so bad
Fun and friendly workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILOctober 22, 2018
I loved feeling like I had another family at work. It is a very comfortable and safe place to work at. The customers were nice for the most part but on occasion had some problems with how we did things.
Pros
50% off while on shift
Cons
No free food
Great culture
General Manager / Training Manager (Bakers Square) (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILOctober 15, 2018
Extremely solid company. Bakers square has been around for a long time doing what they do best, selling Pies!!! the company is very family oriented and loyal to its employees. I highly recommend seeking employment here.
Okay job, bad managers
BAKERY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILOctober 9, 2018
Job itself was fine and paid decent money, but the managers were the worst sort. Short tempered, micromanaging and generally distrustful and overbearing. Burn out was a common factor
Fast paced work place
Hostess (Current Employee) –  La Grange, ILOctober 4, 2018
I would stay working there but the pay is too low. The management is soso e the hours a also low. The servers are nice and the other hostesses. What I really don’t like is when I talk about getting a better pay my manager change the subject.
Good money, friendly staff and good management.
server (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILSeptember 29, 2018
Started as a server. Managers and coworkers not only had my back, but pushed me to a level I didn't think I was capable of. Overall, a very good organization to work for.
Pros
generally cooperative staff and managment, flexible hours
Cons
new brooms for the carpet
good first job
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNSeptember 20, 2018
you learn how to deal with all kinds of people and it really builds character. you also learn a lot of new skills. the pace can be really slow during the week and really fast on the weekends so you can get the feel of different work environments.
great job
An enthusiastic manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2018
Warm and kind customers,good menu items,very productive workplace, friendly employees full service of satisfaction to guest always made us happy.....,
Pros
good company
Cons
no progross

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bakers Square. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight