Bakersfield Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

Lack of communication
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 20, 2019
Expectations are not clearly communicated by management. Expectant to be self reliant without proper guidance. Difficult to make appointed times with management in order to obtain goals and improvements. inconsistent work hours.
Pros
Gained work experience
Cons
Lack of work hours
my co workers made it easier to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  BakersfieldMay 12, 2019
I learned that in a small work place you can be replaced even if it means everyone else has to work double the hours to make up for the lack of associates. The only thing i will miss will be my co workers. The hardest part was trying to make management listen to what you have to say or what was going on, its like they always looked the other way.
Pros
co workers
Cons
little pay, Managers
There are pros and Cons
Executive Director/VP (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 13, 2019
As with any job, there are pros and cons with BHH. They talk Just Culture but they don't walk the walk.

Its a family oriented workplace, until you aren't based on the flavor of the week, by either an executive or by the physician owner/investor that ultimately calls the shots.
Fast paced and enjoyable to work at Bakersfield heart hospital
Registration Associate Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA 93308January 29, 2019
There is never a typical day at work, you never know what is going to walk through the door. I learned how to multitask and to stay calm under pressure. The hard part is knowing how busy it can be and only two girls running the office. The best part is knowing how to work well with your partner and working together to get the job done.
Pros
lunch can be charged to your paycheck
Cons
short breaks
Great experience
Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 28, 2018
Although this was a temporary job, I learned so much in the little time that I was there. The people I had a chance to work with were absolutely amazing and kind-hearted people. This was a fast paced job and I understood the importance of the job. I have nothing bad to say about the Heart Hospital. My manager was understanding and provided the necessities necessary for the job.
Pros
Undisturbed lunches
Cons
Just eight hours a day
Awful place to work!!!!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield CASeptember 16, 2018
Too much bullying and literally harassment by management, alote of favoritism here, lazzy workers, management here including CEO,'S need to be fired and replaced, too much brown nosers, vacation was hardly a go , requested time off was impossible, too caty , no advancement, too much rotation everyday!!! Def not a happy place to work at ,, that's why they can't keep staff, very un-organized!!! They need to hire strictly E.R staff for E.R. / and CNA 'S for just CNA'S positions in patient care only/ and Monitor Tech's for those that are lazy and preffer to look at the monitor all day and do nothing!!!!! Then the place would work !!! They'd keep staff more!!! Just being honest!!!!!!!
Pros
Worked with a few good nurses, and Cna's
Cons
Bad horrible management!!!! And scheduler with her fake two faced self!!!!
Excellent
Student (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA 93308August 4, 2018
Everyone at bakersfield heart hospital is very friendly and make you feel comfortable . The environment is very welcoming and willing to teach you new things .
Daily
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 24, 2018
I processed invoices daily. Weekly check runs. Daily contact with the Purchasing and Receiving Departments. Heavy data entry.
Processing of 1099 yearly.
Monthly accruals.
Interacted with vendors.
Na
Patient Navigator (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 31, 2018
Great team of individuals working for the good of the patient. High acuity level, a leader in tech, Outstanding leadership, Flexible work schedule, and quality education program.
Pros
Small facility
Cons
Small facility
great medical environment
Case Manager/Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 10, 2018
Collaborative and supportive. Great place for new grad nurses. Fantastic learning environment and family like relationships. Salary is fair for ancillary positions
Pros
collaborative and wonderful people
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 26, 2018
Excellent supportive management; great opportunities to learn and develop; good workplace culture; fun family atmosphere; collaborative team environment.
Bakersfield heart hospital
CNA/CLERK (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 24, 2017
I love working here nice people they work with your schedule I love working here but I need more salary pay here..They really helpfull you learn alot things here they give you classes and they pay for your classes just would like more pay
okay with managment not listening
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 6, 2017
I worked here for several years and the place went down hill fast no 401k match no raise in 3 years the nurses work their tails off and get no praise long night short staffed
Poor work environment
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 6, 2017
Difficult work place, management and leadership lacking in support. No shared governance, units are segregated and management in the ED is manipulative and childish. ED management in past 8 months with new leadership is poor, negative culture, dishonest, manipulative and a bullying environment. Dangerous place to work.
hospital
Echo Tech (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 21, 2017
nice teamwork among department staff in my opinion. however not enough feedback and interaction with ohysicians. opportunities to learn from ohysicians would be nice.
Pros
steady work
Cons
no feedback
A awesome place to work, very family oriented.
Patient Care Provider (ANA) (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 20, 2017
A typical day for me was busy from start to finished. I assisted patients with ADL's to ECG's. I assisted in collecting specimens. I learned a great deal about time management. The management was quick to give praise and aid you in growing where you were short, fair, organized and again very family oriented, The hardest part of the job was learning all the different steps to prepping for different procedures. I enjoyed having different patients each time I came in and caring for them.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
12 hour shift
Excellent work atomsphere
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 14, 2017
I loved my co-workers, staff members are aswome!!! Departments were excellent, learning new systems quickly, assisted Doctors with password reset. I miss co-workers.
Great hospital, outstanding patient care, good teamwork!
Care partner (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 27, 2017
The best place to work as a cna. I learned so much working here and made many friends. There are good nurses here and there are a couple that I look up to. The reason I applied here before is because they took very good care of my dad when he had a heart attack. I had to resign because of school but plan to come back once I'm done.
Pros
Good food in cafe
Cons
Small hospital
Enjoyed my time there
Auditor/Trainer (Inpatient& Outpatient) (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 28, 2016
I would love to work for them again. Management was excellent. They allow you to grow with the company. Benefits was good. Software could have been better.
Pros
Cons
Software
Great Place to Work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  nurseSeptember 1, 2016
I have been very happy working for BHH and would not go to any other hospital in town. Great culture, great teamwork. All the departments work together. Management cares about the employees. I
Pros
Cafe has great food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bakersfield Heart Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Bakersfield Heart Hospital Reviews by Location