BALCHEM Employee Reviews

lots of changes
Cost Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 27, 2018
The Company was going through growth period when I left.

Their is a new CEO and other management changes so it not fair for me to comment on whats happening now at the company
Hard physical job
ENCAP PRODUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Slate Hill, NYApril 11, 2018
The company treats employees very well. Excellent benefits with 401K and health insurance. Life insurance included. Long hours and very physical job.
Pros
Good Pay
Great Place to Work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 15, 2018
If you can tolerate working in a hot environment, usually over 100 degrees, it's a very good job. 401(k) match up to 6 percent, 100 percent vested immediately was a great perk, as were stock options. I received a $1.00 raise just a few weeks after I started. The company gave us every holiday off during my time there and we were given four days off for the 4th of July, two of them paid, which was a welcome change from my previous employer. The Lincoln management team was very willing to work with you and make accommodations to ensure your work/life balance.
Pros
Paid time off, set schedule, great coworkers, low-cost health insurance
Cons
Hot environment, low starting wage, labor intensive work
hot, stressful, long hours, uncomfortable work environment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 29, 2017
i was a production supervisor for this company. small plant and my team and peers were great. management was god awful, constantly in your work area micromanaging, and incredibly non professional as far as demeanor towards employees. average work week was around 68 hours and i had a hard time to even get time off for my grandmas funeral. pay was decent but not for the amount of stress.
H.E.L.L exist on earth
Operator (Current Employee) –  Slate Hill, NYDecember 7, 2017
Horrible place to work for management is unprofessional hr lady hope is rude and mean they don't want u to have a life with your family or a life for yourself outside the company so no balance in family and work everything is work work work with them the entire facility is a breathing and fall hazard no cleaning efforts r done in the facility constantly change schedules force people into overnight shifts and always advertising how we can work more overtime instead of spending time with family DO NOT WORK HERE THEY DONT CARE ABOUT U OR YOUR HEALTH SAVE YOURSELF AND DO NOT WORK THERE STAY AWAY FROM BALCHEM WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR
Enjoyable Place to Work
Inventory Control/Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Verona, MOJuly 12, 2017
Relaxed atmosphere, seem to put employees first. Co-workers were encouraged to be friends as well as co-workers. The atmosphere of the company and the attitude of management made you want to work your hardest and do your best.
Pros
Understood the importance of family and having time off
Cons
Too far a commute from Springfield
Very good place to work
Senior Helpdesk Technician (Current Employee) –  New Hampton, NYMay 10, 2017
Good place to work and learn new things. Like coming to work everyday. Co-workers are very open and work as a team to achieve goals that are set. Great atmosphere to be in.
horrible supervisors
process (Former Employee) –  Covington, VAFebruary 4, 2017
Supervisor's have problems with females and other nationalities. I would stay clear if you want to keep your dignity. Supervisors would be demeaning to women and talk about other races behind theor backs and to co-workers.
Pros
good pay
Cons
supervisors made you feel worthless
Not fun
R&D Technician (Former Employee) –  Slate Hill, NYJanuary 24, 2017
I worked their years ago. I was in the r&d area. I started on the floor on second shift. It was the best part of going to work. Everyone worked together. I became shift leader after 3 yrs. It was stressful at times. But work got done. Then there was an opening in the r&d lab, to me more money. I moved up in 5 yrs. Amazing pay but company wize horrible..your just a number. I worked my tail off. I was their for a total of 8 yrs. Making amazing pay. Almost salary. Then they were cutting people. I was one of them. To me if i didnt get ahead in the company i would still be working their. To me it was worth it on the other hand. See you later. Not worth my time. Its in the past. Just another job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Employees, bosses, managment
Horrible place to work....
Not disclosed (Former Employee) –  St. Gabriel, LAJanuary 16, 2017
Poorly managed You are only a number. Office personnel very hard to work for. VERY moody. You are only there to relieve for others vacation time.
Pros
Insurance benefits good.
Cons
Nothing you do will be appreciated.
Good place for young engineers to learn and advance
Chemical Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Verona, MOOctober 17, 2016
Staff is willing to let young engineers grow and make some mistakes while learning on the job. Very good maintenance and production staff with experience to help offset early bumps in the road.
Small Facility for Large Corporation
Production / Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Slate Hill, NYAugust 9, 2016
Excellent company to work for however with 16 locations across the US, we tend to run "management-light." There are times when we as Plant Managers and Engineers get pulled away from in-house issues to aid sister facilities.
Work Enviornment
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Slate Hill, NYJune 14, 2016
Great place to work, great people. and overall is a healthy environment. Balchem is a place where they offer many advancement opportunities as well as great benefits.
You are just a number.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LAMarch 25, 2016
Management is horrible. There is no progression for anyone going into maintenance. Management refuses to give you any raises no many how times you ask, until you decide to leave. Then they pay you nearly only half of what they pay operations. Different pay scales throughout the plant. Favoritism is definitely showed.
Pros
Health insurance is decent, schedule is good
Cons
Work on everything, even toilets. Pay is terrible. Management sucks. Nothing but a stepping stone
Growing company,and great people
na (Current Employee) –  Slate Hill, NYSeptember 30, 2015
Balchem is a great place to work. Friendly people, and competent leadership. The company is definitely going places. The work is challenging and interesting.
Pros
Environment, Challenging Work, Opportunity for Advancement
Stimulating,exciting, productive workplace.
Senior Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  New Hampton, NYJune 12, 2014
My daily work experience was always very busy and productive. The day always began with a review of the previous shift in QC. This involved a review of the testing of all production of all batches produced and retesting of all out of spec material. This was done internally in my department. This was typically followed by a meeting with production to discuss their production schedule and what will be needed from the qc department. After this meeting, I checked Al of the in use reagents to insure an adequate supply for the up coming production schedule. This was followed by re-calibration of our instruments to insure proper working order. The day began and during the day, I was directly involved with the testing of all incoming raw materials and any optional work that needed to be done for QC management. Management was always very supportive and the individuals I interfaced with from production, other QC technicians and the R &D staff was exceptional, a true team effort. The hardest part of the position was the analysis of out of specification material. You needed to confirm the results and then quarantine the material. The best part of life in our QC department, was the atmosphere, interaction with fellow employees and management.
Pros
The work environment, Company mission and benefits.
Cons
I have no detrimental remaks
food stuff company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Slate Hill, NYJuly 22, 2013
material handler, blender, forklift operator,inventory, shipping and receiving
Pros
overtime, incentive based pay as well
Cons
work environment, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BALCHEM. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9