BALCHEM Employee Reviews

Fair employment
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 17, 2019
Well rounded company offering many incentives. Fair pay as well. Corporate management was very easy to communicate with as well. Employees provided a great working atmosphere.
Pros
Always room for growth
Cons
Pay increases even depending on job title
Toxic Management
Production (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Eye, MNOctober 1, 2019
The team in Sleepy Eye has a lot of good people and the culture was ok. The new plant manager; however, is incompetent. He can’t complete tasks after being shown 10 times. He also lies to management, employees, and is very manipulative. This has caused the good employees to lose faith. I guess these actions make sense when you know you can’t do your job you have to spend all day playing games to protect yourself and setting other team members up to look like failures.
Great
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Low Moor, VASeptember 23, 2019
It was a great place to work.. I really enjoyed it there. No complaints about it. I would recommend it to others to works there. Very laid back place..
Overall the the most unpleasant place I have worked .
Dryer Operator/leadperson (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Eye, MNJuly 13, 2019
I don't how things are at Balchem now.I have heard the "black cloud " has been lifted since the management changed. Thougbelieved that don't think don't
Hard work in a fun & positive atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Hampton, NYMay 9, 2019
I worked with an amazing & supportive management team and co-workers that became like family. Best job I've ever had, however there is little room for advancement since departments are so small. Basically consists of one or two CSR's, a manager and a director.
Pros
Hours, Pay, Paid Holidays, Snow Days, Supportive Team
Cons
No training set in place for new employees - learn as you go! Little to no room for advancement
Very stressful place to work unless you want cheap medical bennefits
Encapsulation Operator (Former Employee) –  Slate Hill, NYMay 2, 2019
This is an extremely stressful place to work. If you don't drink or you're a light drinker when you start then you'll start drinking or drink heavier within 3 months after employment. They paint a beautiful picture of how nice it is to work there, but it's all a LIE.
Pros
Cheap medical bennefits
Cons
Monitored breaks, stressful enviroment, snakes
Harmful and Sociopathic Place to work
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Slate Hill, NYApril 15, 2019
At Balchem you are a human resource to be exploited. They will put you into rooms full of hazards, with zero proper training or warnings, rooms full of toxic hazards and Gremlin-esque "Leaders" who delight in seeing if you will breathe or touch these things. Food ingredients that get mixed up with whatever a low paid wage laborer sees, or doesn't see. Cancerous substances and harmful metals constantly floating in the air, toxic fumes and intentional neglect by their "management" and "veteran" members to rob people of fresh air and clean water. They sell you the guise of food stuff ingredients but some of their products go into tobacco and are literal poison gases. Strive to do the best and you might get a 2cent raise.
Pros
You get paid.
Cons
Risk your health so your lazy bosses don't have to.
Good company to work for
Warehouse and shipping specialist (Former Employee) –  South Ogden, UTFebruary 21, 2019
This company was a good company to work for, the work load and the requirements that they were starting to introduce just seemed to be a little too much.
Pros
Good work enviorment
Cons
Stressful situations and a lot of regulations to remember
Hard work, stressful, no job safety
Operator/process technician (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 7, 2019
I worked at balchem for about 6-7 months. The issue isn’t with your coworkers they’re all hard working guys. The management at slate hill specifically the supervisors and HR are a big issue at this establishment. The supervisors are in a position to make sure everyone is getting materials, but are not on top of things and slows down production. While you are doing hard work for 12 hours you get an evaluation after about 3 months to see about a raise. The issue about this is the raise is determined by how much information you know about different machines, but they keep you on certain machines. And with the lack of staff you end up doing double the work of a usual employee without learning things and they keep you at the base pay of $13.00 your entire time here. While working 60 hours a week
Pros
Overtime if you need it
Cons
Overworked low pay
not a great place to work.
bagger (Former Employee) –  Whittemore, IAOctober 25, 2018
honestly, I was there for a day and a half, you're stuck in a small room, extremely hot, tedious work for low pay. there are not many people who work there. its been a month and I still haven't received my check from working there
Balchem
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Hampton, NYOctober 17, 2018
Overall a nice place to work. A little clicky. Answering phones, taking order, following up with warehouse, shipping & international. Making sure all is in order before order ships.
Pros
hours and pay are good
Cons
too many acquisitions - too may personality conflicts
Do not work here
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2018
They favor the people running things upstairs and have no clue what it takes to work on the floor. They mess up orders, never have room for production and completely lack progression. Then they blame it on the supervisors and the workers when they are the ones keeping the plant afloat. They treat the workers like a number and never care about their families and life. Its a revolving door in this place. Worst management I've ever seen
Pros
Good vacation and sick days
Cons
Not enough workers to run the place
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 23, 2018
A typical day is sweating your butt off with no help, need to hire more bodies but they are very slow to hire more people. Come home on occasion with iron all over body and ruined clothes.
lots of changes
Cost Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 27, 2018
The Company was going through growth period when I left.

Their is a new CEO and other management changes so it not fair for me to comment on whats happening now at the company
Hard physical job
ENCAP PRODUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Slate Hill, NYApril 11, 2018
The company treats employees very well. Excellent benefits with 401K and health insurance. Life insurance included. Long hours and very physical job.
Pros
Good Pay
Great Place to Work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 15, 2018
If you can tolerate working in a hot environment, usually over 100 degrees, it's a very good job. 401(k) match up to 6 percent, 100 percent vested immediately was a great perk, as were stock options. I received a $1.00 raise just a few weeks after I started. The company gave us every holiday off during my time there and we were given four days off for the 4th of July, two of them paid, which was a welcome change from my previous employer. The Lincoln management team was very willing to work with you and make accommodations to ensure your work/life balance.
Pros
Paid time off, set schedule, great coworkers, low-cost health insurance
Cons
Hot environment, low starting wage, labor intensive work
Good stock plan and financials
sales, manager technical applications (Former Employee) –  New Hampton, NYJanuary 30, 2018
Financials benefits compare strongly or better than some large companies. Work environment was stifling - lack of positive support for female minorities to grow .
Pros
stock plan
Cons
No advancement support. 'Gang up' mentality against minorities85 .
hot, stressful, long hours, uncomfortable work environment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 29, 2017
i was a production supervisor for this company. small plant and my team and peers were great. management was god awful, constantly in your work area micromanaging, and incredibly non professional as far as demeanor towards employees. average work week was around 68 hours and i had a hard time to even get time off for my grandmas funeral. pay was decent but not for the amount of stress.
H.E.L.L exist on earth
Operator (Current Employee) –  Slate Hill, NYDecember 7, 2017
Horrible place to work for management is unprofessional hr lady hope is rude and mean they don't want u to have a life with your family or a life for yourself outside the company so no balance in family and work everything is work work work with them the entire facility is a breathing and fall hazard no cleaning efforts r done in the facility constantly change schedules force people into overnight shifts and always advertising how we can work more overtime instead of spending time with family DO NOT WORK HERE THEY DONT CARE ABOUT U OR YOUR HEALTH SAVE YOURSELF AND DO NOT WORK THERE STAY AWAY FROM BALCHEM WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR
Enjoyable Place to Work
Inventory Control/Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Verona, MOJuly 12, 2017
Relaxed atmosphere, seem to put employees first. Co-workers were encouraged to be friends as well as co-workers. The atmosphere of the company and the attitude of management made you want to work your hardest and do your best.
Pros
Understood the importance of family and having time off
Cons
Too far a commute from Springfield

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BALCHEM. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9